Game of Thrones (2011 - 19)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Rasputin wrote: »
    GoT is horrendous crap, the first one was decent at best, sean bean made it tolerable. it's all talk and the action scenes are so poor it's laughable. it's so overrated it's astounding. the actors who play on it are so bad no wonder they don't have much going on except their GoT show LMAO

1Vd8J_s-200x150.gif
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    HBO programming president discusses the final season (which may not arrive until 2019), the prequels, and just how "cinematic" the final two seasons will be:

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-final-season/#prequels
    A new trailer and 12 character posters are now online, respectively:

http://deadline.com/2017/06/game-of-thrones-season-7-character-posters-1202117634/
    17 JULY

Really looking forward to it !
    A little under three and a half weeks now, I'm beyond excited. It's a shame that it's going to deliver seven weeks of enjoyment, just to kickstart a year and a half (if not longer) wait for the debut of the final season.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    A little under three and a half weeks now, I'm beyond excited. It's a shame that it's going to deliver seven weeks of enjoyment, just to kickstart a year and a half (if not longer) wait for the debut of the final season.

Come on @Creasy47 me olde matey...its just like waiting for the next Bond film but for less than half the time haha !!

We are veterans at waiting now !
    So pumped for this. I'm considering either rewatching all the previous seasons or just tge last one.
    @barryt007, it still makes the wait painful, even more so when you realize it's the shortest season, alongside being the final one. Still, out of sight, out of mind, so I'll curb my excitement until production is actually gearing up, like I did with this last season.

@doubleoego, I'm going to start my marathon in the next few days, hoping I have the time to get through all six seasons before the new one premieres.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    So pumped for this. I'm considering either rewatching all the previous seasons or just tge last one.

I watched the last one again a short while back,it does help.
    Time to do the dead pool again : which ones are going to die, when and how ? Because let's face it, i this show, the only certainty is that anyone can and will die.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Time to do the dead pool again : which ones are going to die, when and how ? Because let's face it, i this show, the only certainty is that anyone can and will die.

Totally random as ever...shocks galore on the way !
    Don't scream? But I have never seen an episode!
    You better get a move on then hahaha
    barryt007 wrote: »
    You better get a move on then hahaha

I don't think the other half or the kids will let me binge on all those box sets? As much as I would like too! Lol!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    How amazing was Diana Rigg in this last episode? That was a master class in acting, what an artist.
    Sandy wrote: »
    How amazing was Diana Rigg in this last episode? That was a master class in acting, what an artist.

Absolutely. Defiant to the end and having the last word and last laugh to the end.
    Ludovico wrote: »

Absolutely. Defiant to the end and having the last word and last laugh to the end.

I hope that wasn't a spoiler,i haven't watched episode 3 yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that wasn't a spoiler,i haven't watched episode 3 yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know I remained ambiguous.

Why would it be a spoiler? Defiant to the end... of the episode. Now go watch it and come back later ;)
    Aaaaah shit....haven't you lot of wallies heard of a spoiler button ??? ;)
    There certsinly has been many Bond alumni in this show.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Nine that I've counted. Only one left alive at this point.

Nine including non-EON films? I can come up with nine off the top of my head, but it includes Max von Sydow.
    Yes. He's the ninth. Maybe we'll get one or two more.

They should give Brosnan or Dalton a role or a role for the final season so we can have at least one Bond actor who took part in the series.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Yes. He's the ninth. Maybe we'll get one or two more.

They should give Brosnan or Dalton a role or a role for the final season so we can have at least one Bond actor who took part in the series.

A bit too tall for Howland Reed (in the books at least), but damn wouldn't it be great that Ned's old companion in the rebelion was a Bond actor? However I doubt they will show us older Howland in the TV series.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Neither have I. But it's deliberate. I sort of want to finish the books first, although at the rate Martin writes it could be 5 years before the last book comes out (minimum). Still waiting for volume 6 after 6 years of waiting, and a 7th to wrap it all up.

Then - box set time.
    NicNac wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Neither have I. But it's deliberate. I sort of want to finish the books first, although at the rate Martin writes it could be 5 years before the last book comes out (minimum). Still waiting for volume 6 after 6 years of waiting, and a 7th to wrap it all up.

Then - box set time.

I wish I had your strength, but I couldn't resist, I'm just too curious. It's not too bad, some changes they made really bother me but other things were really well tranferred from the books. Alas, I wish GRRM would just hurry up...
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Can't see it @Sandy.

Everyone comments about his age (69 next month) and potential for ill health (which is quite insulting to be honest, but these hardcore types have little sensitivity). But more pertinent is his tendency to get side tracked by numerous other projects.

So, while The Winds Of Winter will no doubt arrive in the next 12 months, the idea that GRRM will finish the final book, or even start it, is difficult to imagine.

He has scuppered any suggestion that someone else would step in to complete it, so we are left with the only hope we have. That GRRM finds the enthusiasm and the resolve to complete the work.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Easily one of my favorite shows. I couldn't imagine waiting for the box sets to come out to watch it. However I'm waiting to rewatch any episodes until after the series has finished and they release a box set that contains all the seasons... which will probably be out of my price range.
    SharkBait wrote: »
    There certsinly has been many Bond alumni in this show.

Maybe future actors in Bond movies too. I made a thread about it a while ago.
    Ollena's last gesture of F-you to the Lannisters RE:Goffrey was a good one.

I'm really liking Euron; and Cersi, damn that woman is such a delicious antagonist.