The James Bond Debate Thread - 336 Craig looks positively younger in SP than he does in SF.

Comments

I think it's a good title and it will nodoubt have a big meaningful context in the film at some point!! Maybe the house name, or just simply the title of Bond's mission in the movie, like the old days!?

I wonder if whoever is writing the theme song will lyrically make it fit, I know we can all hear Bassey screaming the title out in our heads, but will it be possibly to make it work!!
    Where's Don Black when ya need him..!?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,350
    MrEon wrote:

Just a call away...
    Samuel001 wrote:
    MrEon wrote:

Just a call away...

....give him a call then Samuel001, I fear his country may need him!? :))

SkyFalllllllllllllllllll......what next!!?
  • I didn't care for it at first but it's really grown on me. I like it. And I honestly didn't know it was a transformer.
    I like Skyfall and I prefer that they've created a new title than using one from Fleming for the sake of it without relation to the movie (The Word is Not Enough, what a waste...)
    I hope The Property of a Lady will be properly used some day.
    It's strange, I neither like nor dislike SF as a title. At the moment it's still too much of an unknown quality. I'll like or dislike when I've seen the flick.
  • I think the last post best describes my feelings as in I feel somewhat indifferent about it, nothing really strange about it. We still don't know hitherto what the title refers to and will have a clearer indication of 'Skyfall' feelings once the film has been finally viewed one would feel
    I don't mind it but it does sound a bit like a video game. When I first heard it I was actually reminded of Skyline.
    bondbat007 wrote:
    At first it sounded like a video game (Bloodstone, Nightfire) but it has grown on me. I'm very interested to see the context of title in the film

Agreed
    I don't have a problem with Skyfall, it's not bad at all, we haven't had a one word title since GE so I guess we were due one!
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    On a more positive note, one would hope that after such a long wait, and the above average QOS reviews, that they can strike the right balance again.

Having said that, there's been too many personal angles in the last decade and this one is as personal as it gets
    This is the problem with EON. The fact that they can make DAD, then next time make the brilliant CR, then screw up again with QoS. There is no consistency. This is why I'm apprehensive with Skyfall, because if the producers are capable of finding DAD acceptable as a film, it means we are never too far from another potential travesty that would have Fleming spinning in his grave.

This is basically what I've been saying for months, about how it could be terrible and we shouldn't make up our minds until we've actually seen it this time. And I get attacked for it, people say I'm being "too negative". Well I had high hopes for QOS, and look how that turned out. But I also had high hopes for CR, and that turned out great. Like you said, there's no telling what could happen, so this time I'm not setting my hopes up.

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I think it should be more about the film rather than the title.

Octopussy wasn't exactly a good title, but it turned out to be a good film.

Die Another Day is the antithesis of what I just said.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    <font color=tomato size=4><b>THESIS 037</b></font>

<font color=blue size=7><b>California Girls should never have been mixed in with AVTAK.</b></font>
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited February 2012 Posts: 3,262
    DarthDimi wrote:
    <font color=tomato size=4><b>THESIS 037</b></font>

<font color=blue size=7><b>California Girls should never have been mixed in with AVTAK.</b></font>

Agreed. At least when the "Magnificent 7" interlude in MR and the "Lawrence of Arabia" interlude in TSWLM occurred, they were in scenes that were already lighter, comical moments anyway. The "California Girls" interlude intruded upon an action sequence that up to that moment had been properly underscored by intense, serious John Barry action music that suited the mood. The CG interruption just killed the mood of this otherwise well-made sequence.

The thing i found terrible about this scene besides including the song at all, was that as soon as the song was over, it went to being deadly serious with guns shooting and dramatic Barry music. So yes, the song should NEVER have been near that film. And the major tone shift hurts a otherwise decent pre credits scene
    Actually this is one thing I don't mind. I enjoy the contrast between fun and seriousness. Always gets a quick chuckle from me, without being too ridiculous (whistle as the car flips; Tarzan; pigeon, etc. are all too ridiculous)
    yes its a terrible song....
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    And the nighmarres of the AVTAK PTS come flooding back.

Thesis #37: Agree
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,350
    100% agree. This one is all John Glen's fault.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SOOOOOOOO true. No need for it whatsoever.
    I kinda enjoyed it.
    Agree agree agree. One of the worst scenes in the entire series.
    AGREED 100%!!!!!!!!!! As much as i enjoyed the films? Why oh why did they have to do this? We all know Roger Moore took the films in a humerous direction, but i did not like the pinching of other movie music or bands! The AVTAK is a good or should i say bad example of this. The music was going along fine when for some unknown reason they shoe horned this cheap gag in, and then cut back to the original musical score.

It was like a DJ in a club who does not know how to mix!
    I forget the reason but John Glen gives the answer as to why this is in A View To A Kill on the audio commentary. I may listen to it now...
    RogueAgent wrote:
    AGREED 100%!!!!!!!!!! As much as i enjoyed the films? Why oh why did they have to do this? We all know Roger Moore took the films in a humerous direction, but i did not like the pinching of other movie music or bands! The AVTAK is a good or should i say bad example of this. The music was going along fine when for some unknown reason they shoe horned this cheap gag in, and then cut back to the original musical score.

It was like a DJ in a club who does not know how to mix!

....DJ....John Glen in da house!!!! :-))
    I know this might sound insane but I've never been too fussed about it. I just laugh.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Bond should never surf! Agree.
    Yeah, 2/3 times he's "surfed" he suffered a major "fail" :p
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 278
    echo wrote:
    Bond should never surf! Agree.

......what, surf the web you mean!!!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    All I have to say is that I totally agree.

Does anyone else find it coincidental that Bond surfed in two of the worst films of the franchise?