The NHL Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Pens need to dominate a team that's on their last legs and likely playing 110% in hopes of staying in the game. I've noticed the one problem they've had so far is a very weak start, usually getting outshot by ten goals or more in the first period, before they start playing catchup in the latter two. They need to come out firing, dictate the pace of the game, and play a full 60 minutes.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    timmer wrote: »
    Both Hawks and Jackets die tonight.
    Oilers lose again and Rangers roll over Canadians.

Now if you want to make money, bet the opposite. :P
    I want all but the jackets losing to happen tonight
    timmer wrote: »
    Both Hawks and Jackets die tonight.
    Oilers lose again and Rangers roll over Canadians.

Now if you want to make money, bet the opposite. :P
    I want all but the jackets losing to happen tonight

They're going down (hopefully). However, like I said earlier, if the Pens don't bring their A-game, they're going to have a tough time against a team with nothing to lose that's playing 110%.
    Tonight I predict:

Penguins over Blue Jackets
    Canadiens over Rangers
    Blackhawks over Predators
    Oilers over Sharks
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Tonight I predict:

Canadiens over Rangers
    Oilers over Sharks

This is how I'd like all the games to go, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Predators sweep the Blackhawks tonight.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 12,242
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Tonight I predict:

Canadiens over Rangers
    Oilers over Sharks

This is how I'd like all the games to go, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Predators sweep the Blackhawks tonight.

I mind XD all I want is one playoff win haha. Either result wouldn't surprise me, but I think the Hawks squeak out a win to avoid the sweep.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Tonight I predict:

Canadiens over Rangers
    Oilers over Sharks

I mind XD all I want is one playoff win haha. Either result wouldn't surprise me, but I think the Hawks squeak out a win to avoid the sweep.

I'm sure if they come out with the same intensity the Blue Jackets displayed the other night, they'll avoid a sweep. Would be surprised if they helmed the rare 3-0 comeback, however.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Nashville needs to finish Chicago tonight. Because I think the momentum can really shift Chicago's way with one win
    edited April 2017 Posts: 40,368
    @Last_Rat_Standing, it very well could.

Sure enough, Pens come out getting seriously undershot in the first period. EDIT: Of course, not moments after posting that comment, Kessel rockets one in and the Pens take the lead 1-0. Beautiful!
    I dont get NHL network so I'm watching habs-rangers
    I watch them online. I wish it wasn't the case, but I wouldn't have to if the NHL Network package didn't blackout several teams around me, especially the Penguins. Would be a waste of $99, and since I don't have any sort of cable package here, it's my only option. If the NHL stops being greedy and idiotic with their broadcasts, I'll gladly sign up for the games.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I dont get NHL network so I'm watching habs-rangers
    Hell of a period, eh?
    EDIT: Nevermind, thought the Habs/Rangers game was in New York tonight. Happy to see them up 2-1 currently.

What a back and forth the Pens and Blue Jackets have had, and now it's a bit of a blowout in the third with the Pens up 5-2 and (fingers crossed) headed to the second round!
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 12,242
    Hawks are done. What pathetic playoff performances; no motivation to win the cup again I guess.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @FoxRox what off season predictions do you have? This series obviously wasn't meant to go this way.

Who gets the axe? The coaching staff? Or are some players going to be cut adrift (via trades or no extensions in contracts).

Out of all the series being played, this was the one I didn't even think of since I assumed Chicago would be done (as victors) in four or five games!
    I really have no idea. I worry there may be minimal changes and they will just hope for better results next season.
    @FoxRox, I heard some fans mention their speed compared to the Preds? Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch any of their matchups, but it is rather shocking to see them get swept.

It's now looking like we may have a Blues/Preds matchup for the second round.
    Same as last year with the Blues winning. Hope Nashville takes it this year
    I'm sure a lot of playoff brackets are ruined now. I was pretty spot on with mine last year, but I had the Blackhawks winning in 5 against the Predators; seriously underestimated them. I did have the Ducks and Pens moving on to the second round, though, so I'll take it.
  • TheSharkFromJawsTheSharkFromJaws Amity Island Waters
    I'm just stopping by here to throw in some support for my hometown Penguins since I don't know how much they get around here. Keep rolling, boys.
    I'm just stopping by here to throw in some support for my hometown Penguins since I don't know how much they get around here. Keep rolling, boys.

I'm right there with you! Here's to the second round, eager to see who they'll be going up against. They recalled a few of the boys from AHL this morning, glad they'll get a few days of rest and practice before they face off against either Washington or Toronto.
    I predicted 3 of 4 last night. Perfect but for an Oilers overtime goal. Lucky not smart mind you.
    Anyone could get 2 out of 4.
    Tonight, Caps and Bruins win
    I agree with those picks for tonight.
    The Bruins is bold pick, as they've lost the last two games, but I think they are the better team, but these playoff teams are all so good, it often comes down to who plays harder.

I do think the Leafs are done. Caps are usually good for at least two rounds and they did seem to wake up and flex enough strength in Game 4.
    I'm hoping for the Leafs to get some lucky bounces or redirects tonight, or hell, come out firing skilled shots in general and taking a 3-2 lead overall on the Caps. Really want Washington to be eliminated in this first round.
    I'd rather see the Leafs win too.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Our collective fingers are crossed here in Toronto... but Washington is a powerhouse that has way too much pride.

If anything, I think this may be a very rough game. Washington will come out to bull doze and beat up the kids on the Leafs.
    Going to watch this Washington game, should be interesting.

Great game so far. Just saw Ovechkin get completely laid out.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    yeah @Creasy47, that should not have been a penalty-- hip check is not knee on knee, nor is it tripping... IT'S A LEGAL HIT!!
    peter wrote: »
    yeah @Creasy47, that should not have been a penalty-- hip check is not knee on knee, nor is it tripping... IT'S A LEGAL HIT!!

Agreed. He sold it pretty well, akin to a soccer player injury, then came out playing with no issues in the second period.