Lost but now found! The Unreleased Bond Music Thread!

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @jake24, Unfortunately that's one track I don't have. I know of it but I don't have it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ah, thanks anyway. That's one of the great ones I hope to hear in isolation one of these days.
  • Firstly I'd just like to raise my hat for everyone's efforts on here, I'm sure I speak for many who've been after all the missing music like myself, and want to say a very big Thank You to all those who've made it possible to listen to these gems. Now onto my question / request - I've been trying to find the cue from FRWL where Bond & Tania leave The Orient Express and take Grant's truck to the loch. I would call this track 'Grant's Escape Route'. Can't find a link anywhere. The same applies to the cue where Bond boards Goldfinger's jet and salutes, and also the music to Auric's Stud Farm in Kentucky. Thank You !
  • Also, the flamenco like tune in MR when Bond is making his way up to the cable car station in Rio and almost gets his head lopped off by the trombone player....
    jake24 wrote: »
    @Murdock, do you happen to know the track that accompanies the scene where Zorin escapes the mine via blimp, while Bond and Mayday discover all the dead mine workers? It's one of my favorites cues from AVTAK.

But that's Airship to Silicon Valley, right? It comes after the music that plays while the mine is being flooded, and before the music that plays when Stacey is kidnapped. By that huge blimp. Look, it's right behind you. Oh, so dumb.
    No I think it's the music when Stacey is climbing out the mine and wrestles with Mayday causing her to rip her jumpsuit off.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,682
    If you can bear MIDI files...
    Brithepie wrote:
    the music to Auric's Stud Farm in Kentucky.

http://www.filedropper.com/goldfinger-auricstud
    Brithepie wrote: »
    Also, the flamenco like tune in MR when Bond is making his way up to the cable car station in Rio and almost gets his head lopped off by the trombone player....

http://www.filedropper.com/moonraker-source3
    The cue is longer, but I haven't written it down yet. It's a tad too faint in the film mix.

In terms of extracting music pieces from the audio tracks, for several of them, it's impossible to do so in a clean, SFX-free way. For the rest that can be ripped cleanly, it's likely their mixes will be incomplete (missing instruments). I think it's better to just write the notes down by ear in a music notation software.
    @mattjoes, If you don't mind, I could take the midi's you've made and put them through FL Studio, the program I use to compose music and replace the midi instruments with better soundfonts I have. With your permission of course.
    No problem!
    Awesome! I'll post the results when done. :-bd
    jake24 wrote: »
    @Murdock, do you happen to know the track that accompanies the scene where Zorin escapes the mine via blimp, while Bond and Mayday discover all the dead mine workers? It's one of my favorites cues from AVTAK.

The track that starts as Bond says "You're not the only one he double-crossed." is "Airship to Silicon Valley", from the soundtrack.

The track before that that starts as May Day begins to chase Stacey isn't available, but I wish it was. My fx filled version is probably the Bond soundtrack cue I listen to most.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Yes, "Airship to Silicon Valley" was the one I was looking for. Couldn't find it on the soundtrack for some reason.

• RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    This is superb guys, great work.

I shall listen to them all tomorrow night.
    Hi Vzok! Thanks again for the great job on Death of Derval. Another hard to find cue is
    Examining the Plane, where Leiter shoots the shark and Bond dives and discovers The Vulcan and dead body of Derval. This cue comes before Underwater Ballet. Does anyone have this one ? A long cue , but a very nice underwater segment.
    @agrub, Here are both of those.

Thank you Murdock! and to everyone who contributes to this terrific forum.I have most of Thunderball now, the only two major cues i am missing are "Death of Vargas" where bond shoots him with a spear gun while talking to Domino and the cue whe Largo locks Bond and a henchman in the pool at Palmyra. If anyone has those it would make my soundtrack of Thunderball a very nice almost complete score. Again many thanks for a great forum.

On the subject of Moonraker's unproduced symphony:

Would you like to see it happen today? John Barry has passed away, but someone well-versed in his compositional style could take the themes from the film (released and unreleased) and expand and develop them, while composing new material around them. Sure, it wouldn't be a pure John Barry work, but that's not the point. The point is it'd be interesting to hear a symphony based on the Moonraker score. It's an intriguing concept, I think!
    I still want it to happen. I'd be happy if David Newman was in charge of the project as well. He recently came out with the ultimate 80's tribute album. Back in time 1985 at the Movies. He did a single track devoted to AVTAK and it was great. A much more faithful cover of Barry's work instead of Nic Raine's covers which at times are a bit too much. It's a great album and worth it for the AVTAK Suite alone.

1985_grande.jpg?v=1429304808
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,682
    I listened to it online. It's good! Exquisite sound, too.

Anyway, here's another MIDI, this time from A View to a Kill: "A KGB Pipeline". It's from the scene in the M's office. I couldn't reproduce tam-tam and bass drum accurately, so the former is muted and the latter is replaced by plucked bass. But it holds together!

filedropper.com/akgbpipeline

This is, to my recollection, one of only two cues in the score which feature synthesizers, the other one being Snow Job.

In my opinion, the chord progression sounds really quirky, but it works. Quite mysterious. It took me a while to get it right, but I think it's accurate now. So if you wish, grab this other file, with just the strings, to hear that progression more clearly.

filedropper.com/akgbpipelinestringsonly
    That's a great track. That one was posted on page one as well.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I listened to it online. It's good! Exquisite sound, too.

Anyway, here's another MIDI, this time from A View to a Kill: "A KGB Pipeline". It's from the scene in the M's office. I couldn't reproduce tam-tam and bass drum accurately, so the former is muted and the latter is replaced by plucked bass. But it holds together!

filedropper.com/akgbpipeline

This is, to my recollection, one of only two cues in the score which feature synthesizers, the other one being Snow Job.

In my opinion, the chord progression sounds really quirky, but it works. Quite mysterious. It took me a while to get it right, but I think it's accurate now. So if you wish, grab this other file, with just the strings, to hear that progression more clearly.

filedropper.com/akgbpipelinestringsonly

That second track really reminds me of The Persuaders.
    Just stumbled on this it's probably been posted on here, though I have never heard it before...

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    If only there would be the Bond Theme made available when Bond captures Silva as the choppers show up to arrest him in Skyfall.
    If only there would be the Bond Theme made available when Bond captures Silva as the choppers show up to arrest him in Skyfall.

Been a while since I have watched SF all the way through, though that is a good music cue.
    Here's the best version I have of it. It's not the cleanest but it's the best I've found.

Skyfall - Silva's Capture
    http://picosong.com/ieXP/
    Nice no dialogue @Murdock do you have software to filter out layers on a audio track?
    @fire_and_ice, Sadly I don't. I'm just good at finding these hidden gems. I'll have to ask @Vzok for a lesson one of these days.
    See, why isn't Newman using too much Bond Theme? He gets it if he wants! What's the deal with not using them unless it's occasional?
    See, why isn't Newman using too much Bond Theme? He gets it if he wants! What's the deal with not using them unless it's occasional?

I might be wrong though it maybe to do with paying royalties of themes created by other artists?

I might be wrong though it maybe to do with paying royalties of themes created by other artists?
    But, isn't The James Bond Theme supposed to be fully owned by Eon? And all they have to do is to credit Monty Norman for "writing" it?