DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @doubleoego, in a complaining culture that seems to hate everything, I really try to be high-spirited when it comes to film, but I just can't do it with this. I want to be excited, I really do, but I just feel nothing. As someone who grew up on DC shows and films, and whose moral code partly came from Batman, Superman, Manhunter, Lantern, Wonder Woman and co., it's a sad day. This just isn't my team, and I haven't felt even moderately happy with anything in these movies beyond Man of Steel, which was also horribly flawed.

It's still very apparent to me that the people working on these films just haven't been able to hit on what makes these characters special. I will of course wait to see the film, and see how Superman is used, but if it doesn't work this time, I'm done with it.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited March 2017 Posts: 8,127
    delete.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Watching Batman and Robin

:))

17458054_866620990163655_6745529226396926723_n.jpg?oh=e6607d38b3623c4e3775879374c93cc0&oe=5969AFE0

:-O
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I hear you @Brady. I'm sometimes left gobsmacked at the continuous failure for studio execs not to repeat mistakes or bad decisions and for a genre like this that offer at one time or another successful group superhero films or solo movies, with the added benefit of over 50 years of source material, how can things still be going so easily wrong?

We love these characters and the only way we can really convey our voices that either support or boycott is with our wallets. These characters deserve better and as of now, I'm not sure if the trailer is just an underwhelming representation of a much better movie but for a JL film, I'm incredibly disappointed by this trailer. As always time will tell.
    Watched the JL trailer several times it really does not show anything though I guess that's a positive, the way it is edited makes me want more. I think what I am having issue with is how bleak it looks, I still have hopes for the film it's bound to be completely off the wall.
    tumblr_ondr4srMJE1snteogo8_400.gif

tumblr_ondr4srMJE1snteogo1_400.gif

tumblr_ondr4srMJE1snteogo2_400.gif

tumblr_ondr4srMJE1snteogo7_400.gif

Full on war

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/03/25/justice-league-superman-role-in-team-zack-snyder/

17349762_1337611299666014_1321506846992253218_o.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I will give credit where credit is due, and say that at least nothing was spoiled in the big scheme of things. Even though I can now sort of plot how the film is going to play out rather easily, it's not Doomsday level bad.

By the way, what was the sixth icon on that promotional website revealed to be? Was it just a clickable link to the trailer the moment it released?
    The icon is still blank I checked earlier https://www.unitetheleague.com/join/, it will be interesting to see what logo appears. I must confess I am warming to the trailer, initially it was not easy to take all the imagery in. There is one shot of Batman in his armour suit which is outstanding and God knows what contraption Batman is walking around in later in the trailer.
    tumblr_ondoitDpqo1uez4p2o1_540.gif

tumblr_ondoitDpqo1uez4p2o2_540.gif

God Dam!!!
    I wonder why they didn't just reveal something today. I mean, why not roll-out whatever news that is with the trailer?
    Added two gifs above...

Not sure unless it's being saved to reveal in the second trailer, must admit they are marketing JL better than BvS
    Personally I don't want to even see Superman or Green Lantern (if he's definitely in it)

Remember how I mentioned the scene in Batman V Superman when Wonder Woman saved Batman from the blast at the last second- how as cool as it was, it would have been INSANE if we didn't know it was going to happen!!

The less spoilers, the better!
    Agree even Doomsday would have been better if we did not see anything in the BvS trailers, I have noticed alot of people on Facebook have been asking whether Superman is in it, there are some people that will need to see something of Superman. I think they should just show his Shield in the trailers and that's it.
    Aside from Cyborg (who is 98% computer generated) I think Batman is going to have the biggest problem being put into the action here. The issue with every JLA adventure, even the cartoons, is the fact that Batman just shouldn't be there facing alien species and other over-powered things along with the rest of the team. He works as a character restricted to Gotham, and for him to leave it to do intergalactic things has always been weird.

The result is stuff like this: where computer generated models of him badly rendered are used to show him doing a little fighting. It's easy to spot the fakery, as it was in the BvS final battle. In the cartoons it's easier to get away with, as it's a cartoon, but when put into live-action the idea really is tested and exposed as wonky.

This isn't so much a criticism on the film, as any live-action Batman delivered in this way wouldn't be good. At the very least, though it wasn't a brilliant bit of character development, BvS showed this Bruce that another world of danger exists beyond his own, and that worse than Doomsday are out there. He could then feel motivated to commit himself to stop it, hence what we see here. His level of involvement just doesn't resonate with me, however. He's either going to be firing guns from his car or throwing explosive things, and that's just kind of lame.

He works far better in his own city, with villains he can actually face head-on with no funny business.
    Batman appears to be on Apokolips at one point in the trailer, I agree Bats is under powered certainly against the New Gods. Bats really has to be pushed as the strategist and I suspect he will be in the mech suit alot.

Batman watching from afar during the Doomsday fight illustrated that he really can't get involved against Super powered villains.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 28,694
    I've watched a lot of trailer reactions to settle out my thoughts, and while I still hold that it looks far too computerized and fake overall, there are moments that are good. Aquaman seems okay to great at times, and Diana is perfection. I'm shaky about Ben's performance at times, but there are moments I love, like Batman's use of the car to seemingly scale walls and shoot parademons. In this case, his lethality is warranted. I was worried about how they would change him from BvS since the first teaser that had him spouting one-liners, but here that didn't seem as big an issue. I think there will be lines I don't like, but it appears that they are giving him more sarcasm and placing him in social situations that make him stand out as awkward and reserved, which is my Batman. That was partly reassuring.

There's still a lot of things I'm iffy on. I think it's near certain that I will be more annoyed by Ezra Miller's Flash than any live-action hero ever. He just makes me face-palm, and he tries so hard to be what he seems to think is funny, and it just falls flat. This is best exemplified by the moment in the trailer where the team stand for a hero shot, with all the heroes looking out ahead of them with serious gazes, while Flash is looking at the rest of them with a stupid look on his face. They're desperately trying to make Barry Wally, or at least make him seem more like Spider-Man as Tom Holland is bringing him to life from the comics. He's the young kid that talks a lot and is overtly super stoked to be a superhero while everyone else is taking things seriously. I'd maybe forgive this if it was Wally we're seeing, but it's Barry, and Barry ain't Spider-Man.

One little moment that does give me chills at times is the giant battle at Apokolips. From the brief shot we get you can see Amazonians fighting the parademon army, and I'm sure that the Atlantian people will join forces with the female soliders as well, as both locations house the two Mother Boxes the League need. If the filmmakers can pull of that battle and have it be as epic as it deserves to be, with Batman in his plane and mech suit shouting strategic orders like a general, Diana and Aquaman fighting with their people, and possibly Superman swooping in to help save them at a fatal moment, I will be so into it. It could stand as one of the all-time best finales of the superhero genre.
    For you Brady:

tumblr_ondqiia4AZ1ujav2qo1_400.gif

I did the same and watched some reaction videos to the trailer (There are alot of reactions :-O), I think some or rather hope some of the Cgi will be tweaked. I suspect the Cgi will work best in the highest resolution possible, just to get the extra detail to show.

The music in this fan made trailer pretty much illustrates what was missing from the trailer, JL I hope has a few human moments and is not just crash bang wallop.

Just watched the 4K trailer... Whoa!!! I think I am going to cry :-O

http://batman-news.com/2017/03/25/zack-snyder-talks-justice-league-and-how-batman-will-become-a-more-complete-hero/
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I really want this film to be good because a) it benefits the genre b) the characters deserve to be brought to life in a well represented way. In any case, with the climate of the sort of superhero/comic book films we're able to get these days it's a phenomenal time to be alive!
    I thought the same after seeing the new Spiderman Homecoming posters, superhero genre is one of my few forms of escapism we are very lucky with the type of films being made in this genre. My younger self would not have ever thought a Justice League film would ever get made, even more so because the plug was always pulled on previous attempts. Mamoa and Miller will add hell of alot to this film
    I want to be proven wrong about Ezra Miller, but he's got a steep hill to climb for me.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looks great to me.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I watched the trailer. I wasn't impressed.

It almost looks like they're going to make Aquaman the Drax-like comically serious character, which might work, if they do it right. Now that I think about it, that was pretty much his Ronan Dex character on Stargate Atlantis.

Barry Allen disgusts me in this. They want him to be funny, and he's just not. It's not helped by the fact that his speed barely registers as speed, and seems more like just the ability to control electricity. I thought that in his short cameo in Batman V Superman, I see it even more here.

It's likely the CGI all over him, but Cyborg just looks wrong everywhere. On the one hand, I'm glad they're actually making him look like a cyborg on the outside, as opposed to how Smallville made his comic look a mythology gag via x-ray vision, but maybe that's not a good thing like I want it to be.

The Batmobile's still packing guns. I thought Batfleck learned his lesson. He continues to be one of the better things about the DCEU, and I'm glad he's got a little bit of DCAU Batman's snarkiness in him. That's a real treat after BvS.

Wonder Woman continues to look out of place and tacked on, which is a goddamn shame for how well Gal Gadot is playing her. She just doesn't feel like she's a part of the same movie as the rest of the characters, something carried over from BvS.

Props to WB for apparently firing the Terminator Genishyt trailer people. This one didn't throw the whole movie at me in the span of 90 seconds like every BvS and Suicide Squad trailer did.

All in all, the trailer just didn't do anything for me. We'll see how the movie goes, but I won't be seeing it in theaters.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I understand all the criticisms people have with this. I even sympathize & share people's concerns. It's probably going to be a subpar effort.

However, even though I'm not an advocate for affirmative action, I think these superhero efforts to date have been too male centric. Particularly the Marvel ones.

I guess what I'm trying to say is WW is a serious turn on for me. So I'm totally pumped for this, and can forgive a lot. I'm easy to please that way.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    bondjames wrote: »
    I understand all the criticisms people have with this. I even sympathize & share people's concerns. It's probably going to be a subpar effort.

However, even though I'm not an advocate for affirmative action, I think these superhero efforts to date have been too male centric. Particularly the Marvel ones.

I guess what I'm trying to say is WW is a serious turn on for me. So I'm totally pumped for this, and can forgive a lot. I'm easy to please that way.

I know what you mean, but the WW movie does actually look pretty good.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    bondjames wrote: »

I know what you mean, but the WW movie does actually look pretty good.
    Agreed. An added and unexpected bonus indeed.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited March 2017 Posts: 543
    Saw the trailer. I want to be excited for this movie, but these trailers are not doing it for me. Too dark in some parts too. I want to be able to see the action.
    The good news is that the trailer made me really miss Superman, which should prove to make his reveal all the better. I really hope he gets his moment to shine here, big time.
    I find it ridiculous that people complain about the mass of CGI, as if that were a criterion for quality.
    But the trailer doesn´t do anything with me.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I find it ridiculous that people complain about the mass of CGI, as if that were a criterion for quality.
    But the trailer doesn´t do anything with me.
    So you mean to say that bad CGI never hinders your experience of a film?
    I will say I'm happy that the people who complained about seeing Doomsday in the BvS trailer, aren't complaining about not seeing Superman now!

Other forums show a different set of people ;)
    This made me laugh!

17504348_868868213272266_4183798271770727762_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c8eb7a08fc78445c23d47b82fa9d9064&oe=5952E473