Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Hardy is an outstanding actor. Better than Craig imho. Although I'm sure he could play James Bond, I'd rather he not. Call me shallow, but I'd really like a little taller and more suave next time out. I'm done with the thuggish look.
    Everyone has a image of what they would like Bond to be, Hardy is similar to Craig IMO though could possibly bring more charm. I like Hardy I would support him if he got the role, he is a good actor.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Agreed. My ideal Bond 7 would be someone on the slimmer side. Fit but not fully musclebound. A more Bruce Willis in Die Hard 1 fit. A little more everyman. Someone suave with a sense of positivity of going around the world. Someone who is a little more Roger Moore like on the outside but can bring the intensity of Craig and Connery.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Richard Armitage is maybe left field though I think he would bring alot of intensity to Bond, he was very good and showed alot range playing Oakenshield.

Edited: 45 years old forget that suggestion.
    Richard Armitage is definitely Bond material. He's just a bit past it now at 45. Luke Evans is not bad either imho.
    Just edited my post just looked Armitages age up :)

Be interesting to see if the next actor is in there late twenties or in his thirties.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I didn't say Hardy was my first choice ...just that's he's a credible choice.

Connery and Craig were both considered "thug" choices.

Look we're talking about a team that almost made Blofeld an African Druglord. I really don't think too much of Fleming is sacred to EoN as much anymore.

Was Connery considered a thug though? Rough around the edges sure but his Bond still had an eye for the finer things.
  • Hardy, although a top talent is too short, may as well get Tom Cruise. I'm really liking Tom Ellis from Lucifer
    edited January 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Connery may have been a bit rough around the edges for the 60's (before my time) but he certainly had a more refined look compared to Craig. I can appreciate that Craig's acting capabilities may have been required to convincingly pull off CR, and so certain liberties were taken on the looks/height front, but I'd prefer if they not push farther away from the traditional template.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Agreed. My ideal Bond 7 would be someone on the slimmer side. Fit but not fully musclebound. A more Bruce Willis in Die Hard 1 fit. A little more everyman. Someone suave with a sense of positivity of going around the world. Someone who is a little more Roger Moore like on the outside but can bring the intensity of Craig and Connery.
    I agree.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,116
    Murdock wrote: »
    Was Connery considered a thug though? Rough around the edges sure but his Bond still had an eye for the finer things.

Ok maybe thug too strong. Rough yes. Either way Fleming was not impressed. ..at first.

Actually Connery anything but a thug on screen.

Probably need to direct the conversation elsewhere before I alienate all my friends. :o3
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited February 2017 Posts: 7,889
    I just stumbled across this actor, Joshua Sasse. I know nothing about him, other than tabloid chatter, but visually he gives off a strong Connery vibe to me. Any thoughts?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3173770/mediaindex?ref_=nm_phs_md_sm

[img][/img]8fc25755-00a5-45f0-80da-21e7b9b1a4c0_zps9ut2jgbs.jpg

[img][/img]d34c0524-6056-4cd2-b658-366a5f3360a4_zpswrqu0xzo.png
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    He'd need to loose the beard and age about 10 years before being considered. But I can see some potential, certainly, based on this picture:

Joshua+Sasse+SfNUYxpqnR0m.jpg
    The one with the beard brings to mind The Great Train Robbery
    Very tough finding pictures without some sort of facial hair. Again I have no Idea if he can act but he does have a good look for the role.

[img][/img]9a56c17f-d8a7-472d-b288-930b56511f46_zps7owirqwm.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Well he's a decent age to do multiple films. Has a acceptable look. Is the right height (For those who are bothered by it)
    Not sure about his acting, but certainly one of the better suggestions I've seen of late @talos7
    This I feel is the type of actor that EON should and would consider.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    talos7 wrote: »
    I just stumbled across this actor, Joshua Sasse. I know nothing about him, other than tabloid chatter, but visually he gives off a strong Connery vibe to me. Any thoughts?
    Sasse is making headlines as the recently dumped fiancé of Kylie Minogue. Apparently he recently had an expensive hair transplant (which she reportedly chipped in for). So at least we know he'll not require a toupee for a while. I noticed that his hair line appeared to be varying, Jude Law style, as I searched out photos of him.

He's definitely got the right look and there certainly is some Connery in him. If he can act, I'd be open to him.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 7,889
    I'm ashamed to say but I first noticed him in a story about the Kylie Minogue situation.

Here is an interview; he is definitely a name to put in the hat....if he can act.

Not bad but im getting a Lazenby vibe here...is he an actor ? can he act ? ....the next film HAS to be spot on,and he wont be a crowd puller.

IMO shit opinion only of course.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    His hair looks ropey ala Connery!!!
    bondjames wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Sasse is making headlines as the recently dumped fiancé of Kylie Minogue. Apparently he recently had an expensive hair transplant (which she reportedly chipped in for). So at least we know he'll not require a toupee for a while. I noticed that his hair line appeared to be varying, Jude Law style, as I searched out photos of him.

He's definitely got the right look and there certainly is some Connery in him. If he can act, I'd be open to him.

Ah. That explains it!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He has the looks.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'm ok with him being Bond.
  • RC7RC7
    Meh.
    I haven't seen him act so cant judge. Looking like Sean isn't a good reason though.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Meh.
    My thoughts exactly. Pass.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    I don't really see the resemblance to Connery, to be honest.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 175
    I'll throw a name out, James Frecheville. I know he's probably too young at 25 to be discussed, but he's one of the very few actors that intrigue me very much for Bond so I at least had to mention him. Maybe if Craig were to do another one or there was a longer gap it could work. I think he's pretty manly for his age. Note that these two pictures are from 3 years ago, so he would have been around 22 or so.

MV5BMjI5MDU2NjY0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQ5MjUxNDE@._V1_.jpg

He is Australian, but he's playing an Irish character in a serious and very Irish upcoming film (Black '47), so he must be able to nail an accent. And he's 6'2. Most of his roles so far have been in not so great films where he plays a disturbed 20 something, so it's kind of hard to tell exactly how he'd be by watching him. I'd like to see him in a more mature, suave role. He can do dangerous and intense at the very least.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3306943

483709905-james-frecheville-attends-the-zooey-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXjuy2dh12x9YKCk%2Fr7HNGSHJyV7SeIBWB2OHSsRIfU7U3NgX2IU%2FKR5Csa6C3A3rOw%3D%3D

His first film Animal Kingdom is a great movie. He's only 18 in it and the character is not Bond-like at all, but I'd still recommend watching it. He got high marks for the film.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Hmm. He has a bit of a 'James Norton' jawline. I'm not sure if I'm too keen on him - looks a bit awkward imho. Speaking of Norton, he has a new BBC thriller entitled McMaffia coming out soon. It could be his audition.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes, another awkward choice.