DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Ryan is in heavy contract. There's no way he'd be allowed to return even if he wanted to (which he doesn't, if he's wise). Green Lantern failing and him falling towards Deadpool to rise up from the ashes was one of the best things he could have ever done. He made a massive negative a gargantuan positive.

Indeed. It would be a really bad career move for him to step back near Hal Jordan. He wasn't right for it in the first place.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Now all we need is for Idris Elba's character to be killed off in Thor: Ragnarok so that he can be cast as John Stewart.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I think Aquaman is going to be a breakout character and film. Jason Momoa has a powerful presence and a charisma that is sorely missing in the DC Universe.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Now all we need is for Idris Elba's character to be killed off in Thor: Ragnarok so that he can be cast as John Stewart.

He really is the perfect choice for John Stewart. I hate to say it but he is horribly wasted in those Thor films.
  • gt007gt007 Station G

He really is the perfect choice for John Stewart. I hate to say it but he is horribly wasted in those Thor films.
    Agreed. Elba would be ideal for John Stewart. It's a bloody shame he's being wasted in such a minor role.
    Legends of Tomorrow Season One has some good edge to it.
    Vandall Savage is a nasty dude, but still the fun comic vibe stays in tact.
    Producers are having good fun with the full blown Prison Break tv-show reunion, they have going with Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold and Dominic Purcell as Heatwave.
    Cold even cracks to Rip Hunter -"This isn't my first Prison Break, you know." har har.
    Prison Break for those who haven't seen it, was 4 seasons, plus a mini-movie, of spy-conspiracy adventure suspense.
    Miller and Purcell were the two leads, battling shadowy forces, manipulating global events.
    Based on casting choices that I have seen, DC tv-universe producers are fans of both Prison Break, and the Starz Spartacus series, both of which I watched start-to-finish, so I'm happy

Miller and Purcell teaming up again is a hoot.
    We got a touch of this in Flash, but Legends has really rolled it out.

timmer wrote: »
    Producers are having good fun with the full blown Prison Break tv-show reunion, they have going with Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold and Dominic Purcell as Heatwave.
    Cold even cracks to Rip Hunter -"This isn't my first Prison Break, you know." har har.
    Prison Break for those who haven't seen it, was 4 seasons, plus a mini-movie, of spy-conspiracy adventure suspense.
    Miller and Purcell were the two leads, battling shadowy forces, manipulating global events.
    Based on casting choices that I have seen, DC tv-universe producers are fans of both Prison Break, and the Starz Spartacus series, both of which I watched start-to-finish, so I'm happy

The first season of Legends is good, the last half a dozen episodes really are high quality. It's available on Sky box sets so rewatching it, it's great for DC fans so many references.
    I've taken the subject as a personal affront? Really? I thought I was expressing my views on the Razzies nominations. I'm not allowed to do that?

And please . . . please do not order me to "calm down". My comments were not directed at anyone on this thread. My comments were directed on the nominations and the organization behind the Razzies. And since my comments were not directed at anyone on this forum, I don't see why I have to monitor my tone.

The first season of Legends is good, the last half a dozen episodes really are high quality. It's available on Sky box sets so rewatching it, it's great for DC fans so many references.
    Yes, this is a fun show. I enjoyed the visit to future Star City, where we meet older Oliver Queen.
    Kendra and Ray playing house in 1958 for two years!!
    An homage to Star Trek episode.
    Miller and Purcell get their own Prison Break episode-Soviet gulag style.
    There is some good tension in this show as the team do get themselves into some very tight spots.
    Just hitting the final six episodes now.

Yes, this is a fun show. I enjoyed the visit to future Star City, where we meet older Oliver Queen.
    Kendra and Ray playing house in 1958 for two years!!
    An homage to Star Trek episode.
    Miller and Purcell get their own Prison Break episode-Soviet gulag style.
    There is some good tension in this show as the team do get themselves into some very tight spots.
    Just hitting the final six episodes now.

Good nod to the Dark Knight returns part 2 with future Oliver Queen, some great episodes coming up won't spoil it. Good to see all the DC CW shows have been renewed.

• edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    15965178_666307273541124_1641839928661825252_n.jpg?oh=4b31fa80999e54219a654b902679e351&oe=58D64EA6

That moment when you know you are a nerd, and you can name every character... Almost there are two I am not sure about :))

Could be Iron Fist and Human Torch the ones I am not hundred per cent on.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @fire_and_ice, what characters in what rows/columns are you unsure about?
    Forth from left top row think its Iron Fist, and forth from fifth row think that's Human Torch as other fantastic for are there. On a night shift can you tell I am killing time lol
    Forth from left top row think its Iron Fist, and forth from fifth row think that's Human Torch as other fantastic for are there. On a night shift can you tell I am killing time lol

You're right on both counts.

The only one that caught me off guard was the character in row three, third from left. It looks like Nightwing to me, but I'm not certain (the mask looks bird like). Especially since he's mixed in with nothing but Marvel characters.

You're right on both counts.

The only one that caught me off guard was the character in row three, third from left. It looks like Nightwing to me, but I'm not certain (the mask looks bird like). Especially since he's mixed in with nothing but Marvel characters.

Too old looking for Robin, I agree must be Nightwing. The order of the faces seems to be random, there is I think only two none Marvel\DC Characters in the line up.

It appears to be Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Robin
    Good call it does look like him.

The thought did cross my mind, but he felt like such a weird choice because we never see him in a suit and he would be Batman anyway, not a Robin or Nightwing. The resemblance to the drawing is definitely there, though, and it's a better guess than I have:

2CDE3C3400000578-3252857-image-m-39_1443490187748.jpg
    Let's all be positive about Justice League ;)

Spoilers...

It's a good video for casual fans who may be unfamiliar with certain character's.
  • Agnes_007Agnes_007 Manchester, UK
    @fire_and_ice I guessed them all right! I feel so proud B-)
    Agnes_007 wrote: »
    @fire_and_ice I guessed them all right! I feel so proud B-)
    Ha ha you did better than me, I was stuck on a couple :-S

The greatest DC moment of all time, nothing is better than this.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Here we go again...

DC Insider Slams ‘Wonder Woman’

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dc-insider-slams-wonder-woman-041109702.html
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Here we go again...

"It's discombobulated, it doesn't have narrative flow. It's just very disjointed.”

Nonsense, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 may be one of the few who will understand why I can say that confidently.
    I really hope the film isn't bad. I'm nervously hopeful as it is.

On a more positive note has anyone seen the new injustice trailer?
    Here we go again...

"It's discombobulated, it doesn't have narrative flow. It's just very disjointed.”

Nonsense, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 may be one of the few who will understand why I can say that confidently.

@Seven_Point_Six_Five, quite.

If there's any upcoming DC film that can have a chance at being above a C level effort, it's Wonder Woman. Nothing from any of the trailers has me doubting its potential to be marvelous, even approaching an A grade. And quite frankly, it's about damn time Diana got her shot.

I will be beyond crestfallen if it fails to ignite a fervor of love, as it spells a certain end for whatever DC and Warner Bros. think they're doing, as I have little to no expectation of quality for Justice League.
    I'm going to see the movie anyway. I ignored the negative comments about "Batman v. Superman" and "Suicide Squad" and both movies ended up being among my favorites from 2016. It's a shame that this "insider" or the article's writer lacked the guts to name the person who "spilled the beans". Perhaps the insider was actually a Marvel employee.
    Sources/insiders are never named. They're often those working within the productions, and sell stories with the understanding that their identity will be kept shrouded to ensure their continued employment by said production/company.

Not saying any of these claims are true, as I don't give any of them the time of day. All we have to go on is DC and WB's past performances, and that does not instill one with overflowing confidence as to any future successes, especially critically.
    Fans have a lot to be concerned about because when Drew McWeeny was in the same position last year RE: BvS the guy practically got lynched and everything he said turned out to be true.

You should see Sasha Perl-Raver's twitter, the comments are...lively.
    Fans have a lot to be concerned about because when Drew McWeeny was in the same position last year RE: BvS the guy practically got lynched and everything he said turned out to be true.

You should see Sasha Perl-Raver's twitter, the comments are...lively.

@doubleoego, by that you mean she is predicting doom and gloom?