Favourite Non-Bond Movies

X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
edited January 2012 in Actors Posts: 2,635
All of us loves Bond films, specially the actors and actresses. But as we know, they didn't make only Bond movies. So, this thread is about the movies that the actors from the Bond movies had made throughout their career.

A movie i've saw from Brosnan, Thomas Crown, was a great movie one. I loved his act, although there are Years that i don't see that movie.
From Famke Janssen, her acting at X-Men movies are very nice.

From Sean, there's that movie he did along with Catherine Zeta-Jones, however i don't remember the name of the movie. But it was a nice movie. By now it was the only non-Bond movie i saw from him.

So, And what non-Bond movies are your favourites?

Comments

The Last Crusade comes to mind.
  • Connery with Jones was called Entrapment if memory serves, saw it on it's original release some years ago

Outside of Bond, Connery has done some fine work including the Rock, The Name of the Rose and Time Bandits to name but three. I've never seen any Lazenby work outside of Bond, Moore has been in Sea Wolves was it and North Sea Hijack and Escape to Athena from what I've seen but for me will always be associated with 007. Seen one or two Craig releases outside of Bond such as Layer Cake and Flashbacks of a Fool but not really a fan of his other work other than Bond. I enjoyed also some of Brosnans work he has done away from 007. Seen little in the way of Daltons work either outside of Bond although have had the opportunity to have seen the actor here and there in different releases over the years but for me Tim's place in the world will always be as James Bond
  • Robert davi (sanchez in LTK, the best bond film ever), was an FBI guy in die hard. So he's in my 2 favourite films of all time.

Also, the last crusade had sean connery, so that. And dalton was in hot fuzz, which I loved.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 163
    Liked "The Day of The Jackal " and "Odessa File".
  • Davi was in Raw Deal with Schwarzenegger too it's worth a mention

Also in Die Hard with the other Johnson FBI agent, can't remember his name but he was in License to Kill too

Last crusade had Alison Doody as well who was in View to a Kill, Julian Glover from For Your Eyes Only and John Rhys Davies from Daylights, so Yes these Bond people do get about
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 105
    Usual Suspects - Benicio Del Toro

Awesome film.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited January 2012 Posts: 11,139
    Robert davi (sanchez in LTK, the best bond film ever), was an FBI guy in die hard. So he's in my 2 favourite films of all time.

Also, the last crusade had sean connery, so that. And dalton was in hot fuzz, which I loved.

Yeah, the back CIA guy with the jerry-curls in LTK was also in Die Hard with Davi as his partner with the same name, special agent Johnson.

MV5BMTc0OTE5MDAyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDU0Njc3Ng@@._V1._SX640_SY552_.jpg

Reunited after more than 20 years.
    Sean Connery ; The Rock, The Untouchables, Highlander , Highlander II - The Quickening, The Hunt for Red October, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Marnie

Roger Moore- The Wild Geese, Escape to Athena , The Cannonball Run

Pierce Brosnan - After the Sunset, The Thomas Crown Affair , The Ghost Writer , Butterfly on a Wheel, The Tailor of Panama

Daniel Craig - Layer Cake, Defiance, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Sword of Honour, Cowboys and Aliens
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    North Sea Hijack is one of my all time favorite films. Hot Fuzz with Dalton aswell.
  • The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Daniel Craig. Really enjoyed this one.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    There's a movie Dalton made around '95 or '90, story is, he had a family and he met another family with a scientist lady. He was a chef, and they had a lot of troubles. It was a comedian movie, it's a very good one.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sean:
    The Untouchables
    The Rock
    The Last Crusade

Dan:
    Layer Cake

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Yes Layer Cake is just a wonderful movie. Daniel Craig just rocks in that movie. One of the best film of the 2000's.
  • Del Toro was in that film with Tommy Lee Jones, a sort of Fugitive variation, it was called the Hunted or something a few years back, saw it on it's release and remember being disappointed

Michael Lonsdale in Day of the Jackal and Ronin

Christopher Walken, too many to mention, watch him in At Close Range if you can, a really good movie that is, he was in something about 30 years ago as a reporter in the middle east, can't remember the title. Deer Hunter too and King of New York also

Jeroen Krabbe was in the Fugitive with Harrison Ford, No Mercy with Richard Gere and Jumping Jack Flash about the same time

Johnathan Pryce, totally wasted and embarrassed in Tomorrow Never Dies, fared better in Terry Gilliam's Brazil or even Ronin with De Niro
    I think The Last Crusade featured some of Connery's best acting, not just playing Sean Connery but playing against type as an old fogey, great chemistry with Harrison Ford.

Pierce Brosnan was pretty good in the Matador, which was good little film.

Daniel Craig turns in a terrific performance in Enduring Love.

Dalton is superb in Hot Fuzz, best thing about the whole film.

Rog's best acting performances are probably in The Man Who Haunted Himself, The Naked Face and Bed and Breakfast.

Has anyone seen Bullseye with Moore and Michale Caine, I have an old VHS of it but have never got round to watching it?
    I liked Connery in The Last Crusade, and Dalton in Toy Story 3! Hahaha. I actually haven't seen any other movies with Bond actors, surprisingly. Well, I've seen Lazenby in a few episodes of Batman Beyond, if that counts.
  • Moore was in an awful film with Jean Claude Van Damme called 'the quest' about 15 years ago, saw it on it's original release, it was a sort of Streetfighter type thing with fighters from all around the world beating the hell out of each other. I don't know what Roger was doing getting involved in such a thing
    Moore was in an awful film with Jean Claude Van Damme called 'the quest' about 15 years ago, saw it on it's original release, it was a sort of Streetfighter type thing with fighters from all around the world beating the hell out of each other. I don't know what Roger was doing getting involved in such a thing
    Holy crap, that film was horrendous. I remember watching it feeling terribly sorry for good ol' Roger...how could he have done that to himself?

• Moore also appeared in the official 'Spice Girls' movie about the same time and had a few scenes it pains me to recall

The least said, the better
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I liked Moore in Spice World, he was hilarious.
    Connery in my all time fav film HIGHLANDER. Do not mention HIGHLANDER 2 X_X
    Ah yes the spanish mentor with a suspiciously strong scottish accent!
  • Connery-The last crusader, The hunt for red October

the other bond actors havent watch any of their movies yet
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited May 2012 Posts: 2,635
    I know i shouldn't be bumping a so old topic, but i can't let through one of the best movies that Brosnan ever made: Evelyn.

This movie is great, i remember my mother likes it too. It's a great drama, just the way i like it. I love to see Brosnan's act also not because he's my fav Bond, but also because he acts right how he needs to act. Also i've heard him singing! i never knew he could sing so well.
    As a real story, it is very impacting. If u never saw it, you're losing time.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @X3MSonicX, if you enjoyed Brosnan in The Thomas Crown Affair, check him out in The Tailor of Panama. By far, one of the best films I've ever watched, and Brosnan is superb in it. Very raunchy and hilarious, too.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @X3MSonicX, if you enjoyed Brosnan in The Thomas Crown Affair, check him out in The Tailor of Panama. By far, one of the best films I've ever watched, and Brosnan is superb in it. Very raunchy and hilarious, too.

Both are great choices. I've watched them a long time ago, but unfortunately i don't remember a single thing from The Tailor of Panama. I just remember that the first scene is somewhere close from MI6. Unforgettable.
    and The Thomas Crown Affair is a great movie. I remember some good scenes from it and even a fair and "healthy" nudity. Both are another great choices, I intend to rewatch those movies this weekend.
    @X3MSonicX, the beginning actually takes place in the MI6 HQ.

And yes, the sex scene between Brosnan and Russo in The Thomas Crown Affair is very fruitful and different. In other words, they enjoy one another in many different rooms throughout his place.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @X3MSonicX, the beginning actually takes place in the MI6 HQ.

And yes, the sex scene between Brosnan and Russo in The Thomas Crown Affair is very fruitful and different. In other words, they enjoy one another in many different rooms throughout his place.

Wow, I gotta rewatch it! can't miss it, both are great movies. Should never be forgotten.
    @X3MSonicX, also, if you're feeling up to something a little more unique, check out 'The Matador', starring Brosnan and Greg Kinnear. Brosnan plays a hit man who finds a friend in Greg Kinnear, as he tries to get him to join his assassination game. Brosnan is a lot more flamboyant and unpredictable in the movie, made for a great role for him.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @X3MSonicX, also, if you're feeling up to something a little more unique, check out 'The Matador', starring Brosnan and Greg Kinnear. Brosnan plays a hit man who finds a friend in Greg Kinnear, as he tries to get him to join his assassination game. Brosnan is a lot more flamboyant and unpredictable in the movie, made for a great role for him.

Good. I'll see that one too. Seems to be a nice one.
    I've also seen a movie which i kinda barely remember, where he was the mistress of a woman, And he had a woman which was the mistress of the man of the first couple. and there was such a good role, i've saw it 2 years ago. a good movie imo. such a shame i can't remember the name.