Time for the 25/30/35 / 40 / 50 etc.. years Bluray version of..

M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
edited November 2022 in General Movies & TV Posts: 4,415
Last year in 2016 it was Independence Day...

What movie from 1997 besides Titanic you like to see 20 years edition Bluray? Or mabey 15 years edition 2002-2017 like Sony going to do with triple x. And do you like to see it get a re-releass in cinema.

I think it is shame Disney missing the option to make better release of The Rock.
Better do it right this time with a release of CONAIR.

I also like to see Universal making new BD release of the Pierce Brosnan movie Dante Speak include bonus material from Se dvd.

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Maybe we'll get a Tomorrow Never Dies sequel. Tomorrow Never Died. Lives up to the name. I'm all for another Pierce Brosnan Bond movie.

1997 also marks 20 years since Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves. Disney should cash in on the Ant Man craze and get Rick Moranis out of retirement with Honey, I Shrunk the Grandkids. ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I don't know about 20 years, but we are surely a couple of years late with that 20th Anniversary blu ray of True Lies (1994). I don't know what Cameron is playing at? Unless it's some politics at the studio level, since they don't like the Muslim terrorist angle.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    bondjames wrote: »
    I don't know about 20 years, but we are surely a couple of years late with that 20th Anniversary blu ray of True Lies (1994). I don't know what Cameron is playing at? Unless it's some politics at the studio level, since they don't like the Muslim terrorist angle.
    There's nothing remotely picturesque or grandiose about this world, which is a major aspect of what Bond is all about.
    jake24 wrote: »
    There's nothing remotely picturesque or grandiose about this world, which is a major aspect of what Bond is all about.
    @jake24, my comment relates to the 20th anniversary blu ray release of the film (which is what the thread is about I think), which we were promised in 2014. For some reason they didn't release it even though Cameron was apparently working on it at some point. Perhaps we'll get a 4K remaster for the 25th anniversary in 2019 (and hopefully a limited run cinema release too).
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 11,189
    Wow. This movie is 20 years old. Surely another Blu Ray release?? =))

I remember being sad when Barry Norman voted this as #1 in his "Top 10 Turkeys 1997" list. Now I think he was being too generous.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Since BvS B+R appears in a completely different light, it's a masterpiece compared to that abomination that was forced upon us by Snyder/Goyer/Terrio.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »
    @jake24, my comment relates to the 20th anniversary blu ray release of the film (which is what the thread is about I think), which we were promised in 2014. For some reason they didn't release it even though Cameron was apparently working on it at some point. Perhaps we'll get a 4K remaster for the 25th anniversary in 2019 (and hopefully a limited run cinema release too).
    Ah, my mistake. I merely scanned your post, and that particular part stood out to me.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    A 20th anniversary edition of TND would be nice!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @M_Balje not only 'Con Air' that turns 20 this year, but 'Face/Off' too, so they should to a 20th anniversary Blu Ray bundle for the Nicolas Cage action trilogy - The Rock, Face/Off, Con Air.
    The Fifth Element
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    In The Netherlands Speed 2 is not released yet.

The Game (bad video image, no extra's)
    Amistad (no extra's, the making off and trailer is missing)
    The Saint (not release at all, earlier dvd only include trailer)
    Liar Liar (no extra's)
    Kiss the girls (no extra's)

Also there is no BD release yet of "Insomnia" from Christopher Nolan.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    The Saint (not release at all, earlier dvd only include trailer)
    I've been waiting for this one for some time. I don't think we'll see it until the character is revived in either a new film or on tv.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    A 20th anniversary edition of TND would be nice!

Indeed!
    I want a 9th Anniversary edition new cut of QOS :D
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

With loads of extras! Would be nice...

Now a 20th anniversary of Liar Liar is something I would appreciate.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    20th anniversary of The Lost World: Jurassic Park. I'd take that.
    Maybe there will be a 20th Anniversary edition of LA Confidential?
    Hard to believe for me actually its been a full 20 years since, LA Confidential, The Full Monty, Titanic, Tomorrow Never Dies, The Saint, and the Brosnan epic Dante's Peak. Same with the iconic Dalton film The Beautician and The Beast.
    Yes we are getting old, it's almost troubling.

In fact 1994 to 1997 may have been the best years of my life. I loved the 90s action films, they were so inventive, original and daring. The birth of the big budget blockbuster film really. And of course GOLDENEYE and TOMORROW NEVER DIES which were my best cinematic back to back Bond experiences. I loved TND to bits.

Not to mention, being 20 to 23 in those years brought a lot of the, I guess, usual stuff for that age. My free weekends (on leave from army duty) were made of getting laid, gaming on the consoles, watching films, going to the cinema. I loved it all, and during the week I was trained in hand-to-hand combat, para-chuting, house-to-house fighting.
    I was so happy all the time!

So 1997 is a special year. Many of the films mentioned above mean a lot to me because I have so fond, romantic glorified memories of them.

Liar Liar (the best Jim Carrey film!)
    the Bonds
    the ConAir/FaceOff/Rock triumvirate
    Fierce Creatures
    Jurassic Park
    The Saint
    Those were the days. I had a blast in the mid to late '90's as well. I did a lot of theatre, went to a lot of movies, hung out all the time. I'm the same age now as a lot of the older drama students were........actually my drama teacher too. Still a bit younger than Brosnan's Bond, though (just).
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Dragonpol wrote: »

With loads of extras! Would be nice...

I'm still waiting to see the original ending.
    I'd love to see an extended 20th anniversary blu ray (remastered) of my favourite action film from that year, and Dreamworks first release, The Peacemaker starring George Clooney & Nicole Kidman.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,686
    @bondjames I saw that last year, thanks to your recommendation. I really loved how George Clooney was drinking coffee every 5 minutes, surely to get his energy for all his running around and barking orders for 2 hours! Clooney was at his most badass in that film.
    @DaltonCraig007, this is the film (not the Bourne series) that made me realize EON should toughen up their Bond. It only took them nine years to get round to it.

It's amazing that Clooney made this great film (which sort of fell under the radar) and that POS Bat & Robin in the same year.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    The Fifth Element
    Starship Troopers
    Spawn
    The Jackal
  • Men in Black? Starship Troopers? Contact?
    I'd love to see an extended 20th anniversary blu ray (remastered) of my favourite action film from that year, and Dreamworks first release, The Peacemaker starring George Clooney & Nicole Kidman.

Sorry, but that film is terrible!
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Sorry, but that film is terrible!
    Loved it then, love it now. Clooney and Kidman are both outstanding, and if we're not careful, one day the scenario contemplated could become reality. The only issue to me was that Clooney was still in the throes of his head bobbing days (by the following year's tremendous Out of Sight he had exorcised the habit). Different strokes I guess.
    I was a Clooney fan back in the '90s and saw THE PEACEMAKER in the cinemas. I agree with bondjames that it's underrated. A tough, exciting thriller from one of the few women directors working in the industry (Mimi Leder). I still think Leder should have gone on to have a big career as an action film director -- she could have been another Kathryn Bigelow. Clooney was probably at his physical peak in the film and, though the head-bobbing does get a little annoying at times, he gives a convincing performance and has good chemistry with Kidman.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 11,189
    I quite enjoyed The Peacemaker too. Good car chase scene.

Maybe there should be a "20 years of George Clooney" marathon as 1997 was the year he cracked Hollywood.