The TIMOTHY DALTON Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

http://www.thebondbulletin.com/timothy-dalton-speaks-leaving-bond

Always assumed that he just wanted to leave - didn't realise that he changed his mind and wanted to do GoldenEye only to decline respectfully because Cubby wanted him to be prepared to do four or five if he was to return rather than just doing one more. And that he only got the script for LTK 2 weeks before shooting.
    I didn't know that either,i thought he was determined to go !!!
    :-O
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm sure I read this before. But it's nice to see it reiterated by Dalton. He wanted to come back for just one more, EON wanted him back for more.
    It was right that he didn't come back for just one more after a 6 year hiatus.

A fresh start was needed,with an actor who could commit to the role.But he could have done Bond AND other films...all the other Bond actors who committed to the role,did.
    I always knew that Broccoli wanted Dalton back.He was really happy with him in the role, even taking a newspaper to task by writing to them after they wrote that Dalton was dropped.It puts paid to the rumours that the studio pressured Broccoli to get rid of him, which some believed!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Broccoli didn't want Dalton out. MGM did however, as far as I'm aware. Brosnan was the man they wanted.
    Yes, I know, but some believed that was the reason Dalton didn't come back. The Studio refusing to bankroll it if Dalton stayed on!
  • Dalton_FishersDalton_Fishers Barcelona
    edited November 2016 Posts: 17
    Hello Dalton fans,
    I've been visiting this forum for a while and as I've just self-published a book about Tim Dalton's career I thought you'd be interested.
    It's called "Timothy Dalton: A Complete Guide to His Cinema, Television, Stage and Voice Work" and it's available on all Amazon sites (in paperback and kindle).

Before you ask, I've treated the Bonds movies the same as the rest of Tim works (no special sections) but as they had a lot of press cover there are a lot of pages about Bond. The guide consists of cast & crew credits, Dalton's comments and reviews published at that time.

I hope you like it.
    Here's an image of the cover
    proxy.jpg?t=HBh8aHR0cHM6Ly9pbWFnZXMtbmEuc3NsLWltYWdlcy1hbWF6b24uY29tL2ltYWdlcy9JLzQxQTlZdW1zRG9MLl9TUjYwMCUyYzMxNV9QSVdoaXRlU3RyaXAlMmNCb3R0b21MZWZ0JTJjMCUyYzM1X1NDTFpaWlpaWlpfLmpwZxSoChSyBRwUhAYUlAMAABYAEgA&s=0z9UZI5cu6oaE_9vmRFFUk5HPqQj3ZvZfScSQmnFElM

And a book trailer I created
    https://facebook.com/timdaltonator/videos/1869101323311398/

https://twitter.com/DaltonFishers
    https://facebook.com/timdaltonator/
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Congratulations (again), @Dalton_Fishers!

It's always welcome anything about a Bond actor!
    Hi @ggl007, as you can see I followed your advice ;)
    By the way, here you have an unboxing of the book. Although @Dalton_Fishers is Spanish, the book is written in English, so... you know! ;)

Ah, and it has images from Pat Carbajal! Great artist!:

abe0d463b5885a1221ffa960d4d7da38.jpg
    Thanks! Posted! ;)
    I'm doing a Christmas Raffle on my facebook and twitter accounts. You have the chance to win a signed copy of my book about Timothy Dalton's career. Competition closes on Fri 23rd. Break a leg!
    Czy3C6cXAAAssiZ.jpg:large
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Thanks for the tip. RT'd and followed. Cheers, fingers a crossed.
    Thanks a lot, @Dalton_Fishers!
    Good luck with your book, I hope it does sell well enough.
  • timdalton007timdalton007 North Alabama
    Just missed the raffle! I'll look the book up though as I'd be quite curious to read up on Dalton career beyond Bond (especially his stage and voice work). Well done on getting the book out there @Dalton_Fishers!

timdalton007
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Good luck with the book
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Oh, good, I've found my new favourite thread!

Timothy Dalton has always been my favourite Bond; I came to the films from the books, and he came closest to the Bond in my head. And when I read the books now, he is the Bond in my head.

The point where he made the transition from 'this actor is my favourite James Bond' to 'this actor is an adorable human being on whom I have a massive crush', however, was when I saw him get up close with a wolf pack in this documentary. Wolves are my favourite animal, and anyone whose eyes light up like that when he gets to meet one has got to be a Good Guy (as well as really lucky to have the opportunity, wow).

If you enjoy looking at beautiful creatures on both four and two legs, here's part 1.

Many thanks!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I was a bit late to the competition, but congrats to the winner.
    Cromwell just starting on BBC2. Early film appearance for Timothy Dalton. Opening scene features unmistakable tone of Geiffrey Keen
    NicNac wrote: »
    Cromwell just starting on BBC2. Early film appearance for Timothy Dalton. Opening scene features unmistakable tone of Geiffrey Keen

Haha. Watching that too.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    NicNac wrote: »

Haha. Watching that too.

We can see if timbo reigns himself in a little ;)
    . Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim. He was ok in that first scene! Quite amusing
    I left it when the king dissolved Parliament (Guiness is superb btw) as I have to go out but have Sky+'d the rest.
    Charles Gray as well - more Dikko than Blofeld
    Ha ha. I'm watching this too. Got sucked in to it by the doc they had about Richard Harris just before hand. Had no idea Tim was in it until I saw his name in the opening credits.
    TR007 wrote: »
    Ha ha. I'm watching this too. Got sucked in to it by the doc they had about Richard Harris just before hand. Had no idea Tim was in it until I saw his name in the opening credits.

Again same here. Gone back to it for a few minutes. Tim has just been exiled by the king.
    Handsome looking rogue in those days.