Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Vikings. Really liking the relationship between Ragnar and Ivar and Lagethar is coming for Aslaug.
  • Catching up on Westworld watched the penultimate episode I guessed before the revelation though excellent, Hoptkins is on top form here... Season finale next
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Catching up on Westworld watched the penultimate episode I guessed before the revelation though excellent, Hoptkins is on top form here... Season finale next

That season finale is a wild ride, enjoy it. After catching it live, I'm debating starting up a rewatch of the first season tonight, now that I can watch it straight through and soak up all the details straight through for a better understanding of the big picture.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Catching up on Westworld watched the penultimate episode I guessed before the revelation though excellent, Hoptkins is on top form here... Season finale next

That season finale is a wild ride, enjoy it. After catching it live, I'm debating starting up a rewatch of the first season tonight, now that I can watch it straight through and soak up all the details straight through for a better understanding of the big picture.
    I was thinking the same regarding rewatching it, think I'll buy it on Bluray noticed finale has a extended run time.
    William just picked the hat up, penny dropped big time.
    @fire_and_ice, funny you mention that bit, because in the second episode, when:
    William arrives at the park, he goes to choose a hat. The last shot we see of him, his feet are pointing to the black hats (a good psychological sign that that's what he really wanted) and he smiles before the scene cuts and he chooses a white hat instead. It's almost as if he knew who he wanted to be from the beginning.
    The grand tour keeps amusing me, daft BBC should never have listened to the tabloids they destroyed their own cashmachine with GR.
    @fire_and_ice, funny you mention that bit, because in the second episode, when:
    William arrives at the park, he goes to choose a hat. The last shot we see of him, his feet are pointing to the black hats (a good psychological sign that that's what he really wanted) and he smiles before the scene cuts and he chooses a white hat instead. It's almost as if he knew who he wanted to be from the beginning.
    Definitely need to rewatch the series, I was a bit erratic in viewing the show I went weeks not watching. I got most of the psychology of the show, though I was not really looking at the symbolism so much. I avoided any aftershow chats or forums about the show, glad I did it was great seeing it play out with no knowledge of fan theories. Listened to a few podcasts today, apparently reddit guessed the big reveal regarding William.

SaintMark wrote: »
    The grand tour keeps amusing me, daft BBC should never have listened to the tabloids they destroyed their own cashmachine with GR.

Only watched the first episode, really need to catch up been so busy. Though heard there is a show in Whitby?

@fire_and_ice, smart man! I tried to avoid those fan theories but failed toward the end, because they were everywhere, and they helped kill a bit of my enjoyment, simply because most of the time a lot of these theories end up panning out and becoming true, which is irritating. I'm also attempting to avoid any of these theories once 'Game of Thrones' fires up next year, or when the second season of 'Westworld' drops the year after.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    @fire_and_ice, smart man! I tried to avoid those fan theories but failed toward the end, because they were everywhere, and they helped kill a bit of my enjoyment, simply because most of the time a lot of these theories end up panning out and becoming true, which is irritating. I'm also attempting to avoid any of these theories once 'Game of Thrones' fires up next year, or when the second season of 'Westworld' drops the year after.

It's gets to the point where every possible theory is exhausted, it can't be anything else other that what we have heard. Recently I have managed to refrain from watching movie trailers, mass media ruins pretty much everything. I have an idea how Game of Thrones will go, some things in season six tipped me off, on fb I decided to erase GoT and Westworld fan pages so I don't accidently see spoilers.

@fire_and_ice, I've been on that route myself lately, trying to go into as many new films/shows that I'm interested in as blind and clueless as possible. I was pretty pumped to check out the trailer for 'The Fate of the Furious,' just to hear that it gave away a lot of plot points and conclusions of the set piece moments, which I'd rather wait a few months for and experience for the first time during the theatrical run of the film.
    @fire_and_ice, I've been on that route myself lately, trying to go into as many new films/shows that I'm interested in as blind and clueless as possible. I was pretty pumped to check out the trailer for 'The Fate of the Furious,' just to hear that it gave away a lot of plot points and conclusions of the set piece moments, which I'd rather wait a few months for and experience for the first time during the theatrical run of the film.

First trailers are usually ok, though I know was you mean about Fate and Furious and its easy to guess the outcome of what happens in that film already. TV spots I find are the worse things to watch, I recall Simon Pegg actually warning viewers to avoid Star Trek Beyond TV spots. Illustrates many people involved in the film making process often have no control on what the studio puts in its marketing. Studios want bums on seats first weekend of films opening, whether the film is spoilt they don't care.

I typically go with the first trailer for something (unless it appears to spoil a bit too much) and that's it; I'll be doing the same thing with 'Bond 25' eventually, which I look forward to.
    I typically go with the first trailer for something (unless it appears to spoil a bit too much) and that's it; I'll be doing the same thing with 'Bond 25' eventually, which I look forward to.

Unfortunately by the time Bond25 starts it's marketing we will all be starving Bond fans, though in principal I will try to avoid spoilers come the time.

X_X

Unfortunately by the time Bond25 starts it's marketing we will all be starving Bond fans, though in principal I will try to avoid spoilers come the time.

X_X

I'll be on another hiatus by that time, thankfully; I've had something huge spoiled for me (for both SF and SP) through these forums, and it won't be happening a third time.

X_X

I'll be on another hiatus by that time, thankfully; I've had something huge spoiled for me (for both SF and SP) through these forums, and it won't be happening a third time.
    Don't blame you and a hiatus is often needed.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Doctor Who: The Curse Of Fenric
    960.jpg
    My favourite Doctor Who story, bar none. While the budget was being choked by the beeb, and viewing ratings were in decline (4.1M during this story), yet the writing had vastly improved since series 24. McCoy is really getting a tight grasp of his mysterious and manipulative Doctor by this point. This wasn't a Doctor who just turns up, and things happen elsewhere so the Doctor gets involved. I don't know how much further they would have explored this Doctor on telvision, had the show not been cancelled, but that is where Big Finish come along, and push the Doctor much further than what would have been allowed in 1990). This is a Doctor who turns up in order to set events in motion.
    Alongside regulars McCoy & Alrded (who for a companion, had been central to series 26) another notable performance being Nicholas Parsons, who gives one of the most dignified performances in the shows history. As Rev. Wainright, he desperately clings to his faith, as it slips through his fingers, at the thought of British bombs falling on German cities.
    I could nitpick, (if the toxin inside the Ultima Machine is that easy to spot, won't the Russians see it too?), but frankly, I love this story too much to let such things spoil my enjoyment.
    Empire
    I thought the mid season finale was kinda weak.
    I think the show is suffering from quality due to the expansion to a full season of 20+ episodes. It was a nice tight 13 during the initial season but now in a lame attempt to "fill in air space" the show has been suffering and as a result, the emphasis is placed on the music and not so much on the strong characters and stars.
    Taraji P. Henson
    Terrance Howard
    both are strong performers and has so much screen presence, however their screen time is being limited as being professionals they do not want to be tied down to one project so long. Hell, Ms Henson has a new movie out this month!
    Strong characters are being neglected and not given enough to do: Anika, Akeem Lyons, Jamaal Lyons just to name a few.
  • The Crown first episode good production values and great cast, looks fantastic in 4k will definitely see the series through.
    Doctor Who: The Curse Of Fenric
    960.jpg
    My favourite Doctor Who story, bar none. While the budget was being choked by the beeb, and viewing ratings were in decline (4.1M during this story), yet the writing had vastly improved since series 24. McCoy is really getting a tight grasp of his mysterious and manipulative Doctor by this point. This wasn't a Doctor who just turns up, and things happen elsewhere so the Doctor gets involved. I don't know how much further they would have explored this Doctor on telvision, had the show not been cancelled, but that is where Big Finish come along, and push the Doctor much further than what would have been allowed in 1990). This is a Doctor who turns up in order to set events in motion.
    Alongside regulars McCoy & Alrded (who for a companion, had been central to series 26) another notable performance being Nicholas Parsons, who gives one of the most dignified performances in the shows history. As Rev. Wainright, he desperately clings to his faith, as it slips through his fingers, at the thought of British bombs falling on German cities.
    I could nitpick, (if the toxin inside the Ultima Machine is that easy to spot, won't the Russians see it too?), but frankly, I love this story too much to let such things spoil my enjoyment.

What is not to love about the classic Doctor series.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    SaintMark wrote: »
    What is not to love about the classic Doctor series.

Out of 1963-1989 or 2005-, I would pick the former (even if I think The Trail Of A Timelord series was a mistsake, and I don't care for the Tom Baker and Peter Davison eras).
    I don't care for the Tom Baker & peter Davison years, that is blasphemous and you are no Doctor Who fan that becomes clear. ;)
    Than I am blasphemous and proud of it. :D
  • I liked early Tom Baker though Davison era was not to my liking, rewatched alot of Davison last year the quality was on the Downward slope. Resurrection of the Daleks and The Caves of Androzani were OK, I just never took to Davison's Doctor.
    Than I am blasphemous and proud of it. :D

Tom Baker is the UberDoctor

And especially because of Christmas for the fans of the 5th Doctor

• edited December 2016 Posts: 7,653
    And for my favorite blasphemous Doctor and Shadow friend:

edited December 2016 Posts: 13,894
    My feelings on Davison aside, Caves Of Androzani is a good story.

I can't argue with those 7th Doctor top 10 moments. Though personally, I would have to include at least one moment from a Big Finish Audio (such as the Doctor defeating Lily in 'Afterlife').
  • Batman_CompleteTVSeries_BLUunlimited_3D.jpg

Arrived today had a sneak peak, the transfer looks excellent.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @fire_and_ice, it's about damn time the show got the remaster treatment. Nothing better than seeing good transfers of 60s classics. When I saw the Connery Bond films on Blu-ray for the first time I nearly proposed marriage to the discs, I was so taken with them.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @fire_and_ice, it's about damn time the show got the remaster treatment. Nothing better than seeing good transfers of 60s classics. When I saw the Connery Bond films on Blu-ray for the first time I nearly proposed marriage to the discs, I was so taken with them.

I knew you had some Liam Neeson in you, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. ;)

• @fire_and_ice, it's about damn time the show got the remaster treatment. Nothing better than seeing good transfers of 60s classics. When I saw the Connery Bond films on Blu-ray for the first time I nearly proposed marriage to the discs, I was so taken with them.

It is such a vivid show as were many from that era, looking forward to making my way through the three seasons. It has been several years since I rewatched them, just enough time to forget some episodes. Yet to check what the extras are like, I would pay for the full set to see Batman fight a tiger alone :)) Such a great crazy show that has its place in the Batman history.