Action Sequence For Daniel Craig's Bond! Ski? or Underwater?

2»

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    ... you mean ski or underwater? ;) Did we all digress yet again ...?
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    DC is not the Ski type, but I could picture him in an icy alpine setting, climbing up a frozen waterfall, being assaulted and then maybe dropping with a henchman into a raging mountain stream and trying to stay afloat and alive, while quickly descending downstream, avoiding wood logs, bullets and the like.
  • zebrafish wrote:
    DC is not the Ski type, but I could picture him in an icy alpine setting, climbing up a frozen waterfall, being assaulted and then maybe dropping with a henchman into a raging mountain stream and trying to stay afloat and alive, while quickly descending downstream, avoiding wood logs, bullets and the like.

I can see him on a snow mobile
  • Leave the skiing part to the stunt guys..
    traditionally bond actors are on a rig while being filmed.
    Pierce Brosnan also could not ski.. yet we have a large ski sequense in TWINE, thanks to movie magic!
    The 'ski scene' in TWINE is boring. It smacks of 'oh, how can we make this original. I know let's bung in some stupid ski paraglyder nonsense' garbage.

I like Zebrafish's idea - some climbing action.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 18
    Getafix wrote:
    The 'ski scene' in TWINE is boring. It smacks of 'oh, how can we make this original. I know let's bung in some stupid ski paraglyder nonsense' garbage.

I like Zebrafish's idea - some climbing action.

LOL.. I never said they made it brilliant ski scene in TWINE,
    :P
    it's just an example that skiing skills aren't necessarily required!

But I agree: a climbing/hunt scene in an alpine setting could be exciting
    (but this time no monkeys, pigeons or other screeching animals in an attempt to make the audiences jump out of their chairs..)
    I understand the startled animal was a John Glen thing.
    or underwater... or skiing
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Underwater diving all the way.....with sharks and barracuda and a big octopus. In fact let's have the finale of Flemings LALD novel.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 13,879
    I haven't read LALD yet (blasphemy!), but Dan definitely needs his Thunderball, with a bit of underwater action here and there - provided he feels confident taking off the life vest. And has there really been an absence of sharks since LTK?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    QBranch wrote: »
    I haven't read LALD yet (blasphemy!), but Dan definitely needs his Thunderball, with a bit of underwater action here and there - provided he feels confident taking off the life vest. And has there really been an absence of sharks since LTK?

I agree. Dan's had basically everything a Bond actor could image for scenarios and locations, but some diving could be great, as we've not seen it for so long.
    Perhaps an underwater chase with Brofeld in the bathosub?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Make it a jetski sequence, and we can just go ahead and use that Wave Link title and poster. Success!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Perhaps an underwater chase with Brofeld in the bathosub?

I just want something brutal and thrilling like at the end of TB. Not for a finale, but maybe a scuffle mid story while Bond is diving for something.

Sadly, I just don't see it fitting into a story that well.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Make it a jetski sequence, and we can just go ahead and use that Wave Link title and poster. Success!
    :)) Chew Mee returns for a cameo: "Come and dive, Mr. Bond!"
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    :)) Chew Mee returns for a cameo: "Come and dive, Mr. Bond!"

Alongside a freshly resurrected Valentin Zukovsky, working with Bond to find something "big and black" in the sea!
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Since they passed on the skiing in SP I doubt we will see any scenes like this in B25 - I hold on to my hopes for some underwater action.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Underwater sequence would be great - something like the keel hauling sequence or LTK seaplane hijack I think it would suit Craig's Bond - and would give him a chance to do his patented topless appearances.
    Underwater sequence would be great - something like the keel hauling sequence or LTK seaplane hijack I think it would suit Craig's Bond - and would give him a chance to do his patented topless appearances.

A return of the blue trunks? ;)

I agree about the LTK comparison, which is probably my favorite action scene with Dalton in it, as I liked the image of Bond fighting off a swarm off divers coming at him, alongside that great escape.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Yes, terrific sequence. The way that Bond theme kicks in - magic. Also Dalton is dangerous and having fun - I'd like to see Craig doing something like that. It also has a lot of dynamism as it's under, on and above water all in one sequence.
    Yes, terrific sequence. The way that Bond theme kicks in - magic. Also Dalton is dangerous and having fun - I'd like to see Craig doing something like that. It also has a lot of dynamism as it's under, on and above water all in one sequence.

I love Kamen's take on the Bond theme, especially the way it pauses and then starts again.
  • I've never been one of the fans clamouring for another ski chase. They probably won't top OHMSS or even TSWLM, and it's a very particular scenario (in comparison to something like a car chase), so I think may as well leave it be.

An underwater sequence (with a shark please) could be really cool. I've also wanted some sort of wingsuit chase/stunt for years, I think some cool ariel stunts are long overdue.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Kamen is really underrated here.
    I think it would be cool and different to see an underwater chase between Bond and a villain/henchman. Is there any kind of small submersible that can travel at speed underwater, and no, not a Rinspeed. Aston Martin's Neptune project would seem an obvious choice, but I'm thinking something smaller, that you would ride like a bike while wearing a scuba tank with mask or helmet. I'm envisioning something like the switchblades seen in DAD. That could make for an awesome sequence.
  • Murdock wrote: »

Yeah, it's my favourite not-Barry Bond score. Fit the 80s action movie vibe of LTK perfectly. Love the gunbarrel music and his arrangement of the Bond theme during the tanker chase (so epic when it kicks in).
  • NSGWNSGW London
    edited October 2017 Posts: 299
    Murdock wrote: »

Yeah, it's my favourite not-Barry Bond score. Fit the 80s action movie vibe of LTK perfectly. Love the gunbarrel music and his arrangement of the Bond theme during the tanker chase (so epic when it kicks in).

+1 Me too, also love the music cue when Bond and Felix 'go fishing' in the PTS that they use again later during the tanker chase, epic really is the word for it.

Bond takes delivery of a frogman’s wetsuit crafted by ‘Q’ division (p.195), a heavy limpet mine with a selection of timed fuses, a commando dagger and a harpoon gun.

Suddenly he loathed and feared the sea and everything in it. (p.199)

Bond had shown genuine fear when his plane was caught in turbulence. Now, just as vividly, he imagines the million lives of the slimy things which he will be passing among as he sets out to swim to the island. Not just the obvious sharks and barracudas, but a million tiny prickly poisonous creatures who don’t want him there, who are waiting to tear, poison, rip, sting and eat him. Strangways, Quarrel and Bond watch through binoculars as the Secatur docks and various black gang members go about their tasks before Mr Big himself appears and goes ashore.

That evening he takes a Benzedrine tablet, climbs into his wetsuit, checks the air tanks, takes harpoon and dagger and disappears into the water. The fairly short underwater journey is vividly described. The main event is his feet are suddenly gripped by an octopus hidden under a rock which starts immediately dragging him beneath it. The limpet mine attached to his chest makes it impossible to get a clear aim, till he is being pulled right into the darkness and another tentacle is gripping the harpoon gun when he fires. Immediately there is a squirt of black ink into the seawater and he is released. He presses on through the reef surrounding the island, and then into clear underwater sand where suddenly he is punched in the shoulder and horrified to see red blood in the water around him. A barracuda has bitten a chunk out of his shoulder, taking wetsuit, flesh and muscle. Panicking at the thought of the other predator fish which will be here in seconds, and of being savaged to death, Bond hurtles towards a large rock and realises there is some kind of entrance behind it.

Padding along the sloping sand he emerges into an underwater chamber to find himself surrounded by men with knives and guns, and Mr Big sitting at an accounting table in a huge cave, awaiting him. They saw the black ink from the octopus and then his trail of bubbles................
    edited November 2017 Posts: 5,131
    NSGW wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »

+1 Me too, also love the music cue when Bond and Felix 'go fishing' in the PTS that they use again later during the tanker chase, epic really is the word for it.

+2.
    Underwater, Daniel don't ski to paraphrase a famous war film, slightly.