Was Tim Dalton ahead of his time?

Comments

• edited January 2012 Posts: 1,492
    chuck007 wrote:

maybe the definition of acting according sir DaltonCraig007 is different with the rest of us (or maybe just different with me)

I think you may be right. How anyone can diss Craigs acting during the torture scene is beyond me.

I suspect he doesnt like Craig as Bond very much and pines for the day Pierce and his many grimaces.

Well I think Moore gave the best performances as Bond. Faultless. He was class-act, charming, charismatic, suave, cool, funny.

class-act, what do you mean whit this???
    charming, yes he was
    charismatic, there is no way this word get along with Moore
    suave, yes
    cool, nope far from it,
    funny, he is born to be a charming suave and cool comedian IMO

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    actonsteve wrote:
    I think you may be right. How anyone can diss Craigs acting during the torture scene is beyond me.

I don't have to agree with your opinions on Craig... I thought he was appallingly bad in the torture scenes... completly cringe-worthy performance... Brosnan's 'stockholm syndrome' scene is Oscar worthy material next to this.
    actonsteve wrote:

I don't have to agree with your opinions on Craig... I thought he was appallingly bad in the torture scenes... completly cringe-worthy performance... Brosnan's 'stockholm syndrome' scene is Oscar worthy material next to this.

Brosnan got stockholm syndrome? i thought elektra got that?
    No one can diss Rog. A true legend. You'd have to be seriously crazy to dislike him or his brilliant post-Connery take on Bond.
    Getafix wrote:
    No one can diss Rog. A true legend. You'd have to be seriously crazy to dislike him or his brilliant post-Connery take on Bond.

My 90 year old grandad calls him a "jumped up East-Ender" ;)
    Well I think Craig is an excellent actor, just a very bad Bond... not his fault though, the material given is very bad. And the acting direction EON is giving to him are also at fault. If only Craig could play Bond like he played in 'Dragon Tattoo' or even 'Munich', I'd rank him much higher. As of now, after CR and QOS, Craig is the great actor playing very badly.

Sometimes I am speechless - a Blomkvist Bond, who runs away from bullets and is whining in a bathtub because of a scratch? Is that, what you want Bond to be?
    Anyway, he got an Evening Standard Award and a Bafta nod for CR, which is pretty unique for Bond. You might not LIKE him as Bond, fair enough, but saying, he is playing that role badly is****
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

What's he call Brosnan? ;)
    The son of a copper as well. Any way, what's wrong with jumped up east ender? Harold Pinter anyone?

Well, Sean was a milkman and body builder, but who cares?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have a feeling Brozza started off doing children's birthday parties.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,352
    Getafix wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I have a feeling Brozza started off doing children's birthday parties.

The "pain face" jokes that could be made about this!
    Germanlady wrote:
    Well I think Craig is an excellent actor, just a very bad Bond... not his fault though, the material given is very bad. And the acting direction EON is giving to him are also at fault. If only Craig could play Bond like he played in 'Dragon Tattoo' or even 'Munich', I'd rank him much higher. As of now, after CR and QOS, Craig is the great actor playing very badly.

Sometimes I am speechless - a Blomkvist Bond, who runs away from bullets and is whining in a bathtub because of a scratch? Is that, what you want Bond to be?
    Anyway, he got an Evening Standard Award and a Bafta nod for CR, which is pretty unique for Bond. You might not LIKE him as Bond, fair enough, but saying, he is playing that role badly is****

yeah, its like saying Moore can't handle humor well ;)
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Samuel001 wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

What's he call Brosnan? ;)

I don't think he has any problems with him. Can't understand why they cast Craig though.

Brozza was a trained fire-eater. That's pretty cool in my book.
    So he was a circus act. Makes sense.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Germanlady wrote:

Eh? Are you dense ? I was saying that Craig should do a performance as GOOD as Dragon Tattoo, not copy the character...
    Getafix wrote:

I don't think Chuck Norris could eat fire ;)
    That's no way to talk to a lady!
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

I don't think Chuck Norris could eat fire ;)

I don't get the relevance. Any way, Chuck Norris could definitely kick a**, which is more useful if you're gonna play Bond.

I'm not advocating Chuck for Bond btw...
    Eating fire is quite "badass" in my mind. Takes skill and balls.

Seriously, the mods are gonna have fun. Better get back on topic.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 11,425
    If I was a fire-eater I'd keep my balls well out of it.

Or are you implying that he also did juggling?
    Getafix wrote:
    If I was a fire-eater I'd keep my balls well out of it.

:)) :)) :))
    edited January 2012 Posts: 15,696
    I prefer Connery-type badassrery... all in suggestion... you know he'd bounce and destroy anyone... but he remains calm... Connery didn't need to punch someone every 5 minutes to look strong, deadly, and physically imposing...
    In a fight between all the actors it would come down to Sean and Lazer.

Rog and Brozza would run off at the first sign of a scrap, then Craigy would cut his thumb and cry off sick. Dalts would get very emotional and try and calm things down and then get bopped by Sean and Lazer before they knocked the cr*p out of each other.

They'd end up like Chuck Heston and Greg Peck in the Big Country - slugging it out til dawn with no winner tho.

IMO.
    Getafix wrote:
    That's no way to talk to a lady!

That's no way to talk to anybody. And the approach to Bond and Bloomkvist is totally different. Bond is the Alpha Male, which I think is portayed as needed and better, whereas Blomkvist is a laid back, "normal" human, who happens to be a journalist.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Getafix wrote:
    In a fight between all the actors it would come down to Sean and Lazer.
    then Craigy would cut his thumb and cry off sick.
    IMO.

What makes you think that? After all, HE is the one doing most of his own stunts and continues to do so, even after several injuries, with the shoulder being rather grave.

:-)) :-)) :-))
    He's a bit soft, isn't he?

I mean, Sean and Lazer look like they can handle themselves in a scrap. Craigy went to acting school and then acted on the stage for a bit.
    Agreed Broz is a bit lightweight but he's agile. According to him he used to play Rugby (pain face heaven) so he can't have been THAT soft lol?

He'd probably kick my arse - though that wouldn't be very difficult ;)
    Getafix wrote:

I mean, Sean and Lazer look like they can handle themselves in a scrap. Craigy went to acting school and then acted on the stage for a bit.

..and he doesn't look like he can handle himself? ?? BTW - he played Rugby at school and running for cover after a cut in the thumb would imply a coward, which he proved over and over, he is not.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

..and he doesn't look like he can handle himself? ?? BTW - he played Rugby at school and running for cover after a cut in the thumb would imply a coward, which he proved over and over, he is not.

This is such a serious issue I've transferred it to a seperate thread.

Any way, he is a bit of a pansy. He kept on hurting himself on set during QoS. Rog would never have hurt himself like that. He would have had a stuntman do it for him. Much more Bond-like.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Getafix wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

This is such a serious issue I've transferred it to a seperate thread.

Any way, he is a bit of a pansy. He kept on hurting himself on set during QoS. Rog would never have hurt himself like that. He would have had a stuntman do it for him. Much more Bond-like.

LOl, but what does this prove? Only that DC is stupid, to do it himself, not that he is a pansy. The more you do, the more chance, you get hurt.
    But I think, you don't really mean this serious, just taking me on, yes?