Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Liar Liar (1997). Among my favorite comedy films; certainly one of my favorites from Jim Carrey.

HAHA. One of the Carrey films I just had to buy.

J. EDGAR

Sorry to say I fell asleep.
    I think i have to give "Liar Liar" a go aswell.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 3,336
    Also, i have seen some more french crime films.

Le Doulos (1962)

Another Jean Pierre Melville movie, very good!

Touchez Pas au Grisbi (1954)

Also very good

Le Trou (1960)

Great prison escape movie based on a real life prison break. Pretty cool that one of the actors in the movie plays a similar to which he did in real life.

Un flic (1972)

Sad to say that this is the first Jean Pierre Melville film i have found just "ok".
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy.

Been aching to rewatch the original Bourne trilogy after seeing the latest outing on the big screen 2 weeks ago. Great stuff - a totally badass Matt Damon, non-stop action scenes, breathtaking chases sequences and brutal fist fights. Love the globe trotting too (from Paris to Berlin to Munich to Goa to Moscow.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Also, i have seen some more french crime films.

Le Doulos (1962)

Another Jean Pierre Melville movie, very good!

Touchez Pas au Grisbi (1954)

Also very good

Le Trou (1960)

Great prison escape movie based on a real life prison break. Pretty cool that one of the actors in the movie plays a similar to which he did in real life.

Un flic (1972)

Sad to say that this is the first Jean Pierre Melville film i have found just "ok".

You've broken territory I have yet to explore. Melville is still unfamiliar to me. I will devote a month sometime down the road to catching up.

Hope you like them. And let me know what you think.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 140
    rubber and the wave - awesome films.

How has anyone not seen Liar Liar?

Another film I watched to death as a teenager.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I saw it around the time it originally came out. I need to see it again.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    How has anyone not seen Liar Liar?

Another film I watched to death as a teenager.

I know right? It's so funny. Comedies just aren't that good anymore.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991)
    After the questionable film that was Star Trek V, Nicholas Meyer came back one more time to direct the final Original Series crew movie and it's a great send off to the original Enterprise crew. I've concluded my ranking on the original series movies.

Murdock's Star Trek Ranking
    Star Trek II
    Star Trek III
    Star Trek VI
    Star Trek IV
    Star Trek V
    Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    "Second star to the right and straight on till morning."

Perfect evidence that with a long term, global franchise, the key factor is a great script written by someone how understands the dynamic. Perhaps EON need to hire Meyer?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    sherlockbanner.jpg?w=510

I have no experience with the source material, so I have no idea how respectful this is. On screen, I have seen the complete Jeremy Brett Holmes, a tv movie from the early 2000's, some bits of the Rathbone films and the Cumberbatch show. So with minimal knowledge of Holmes, and a sometimes heard to understand accent from Robert Downey Jr, I enjoyed this film.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2016 Posts: 15,690
    @ClarkDevlin @bondjames

Just did a trip to the cinema for...

Central Intelligence (2016)

What a fun and utterly hilarious movie! One laugh-out-loud moment every 90 seconds! Kevin Hart and Dwayne Johnson had fantastic chemistry. The movie is crying for a sequel - I hope they green-light it. This film is a really fun way to spend 90-or-so minutes - just leave you brain at the door and enjoy the ride. Some very cool appearances from various actors (especially Thomas Kretchmann of 'Der Untergang' fame).

I also saw a good selection of trailers for films I can't wait to check out - Blood Father, Mechanic: Resurrection, The Infiltrator and War Dogs.
    A Few Good Men (1992). Enjoyable drama flick.
    A Few Good Men (1992). Enjoyable drama flick.
    I saw it recently too, enjoyed it aswell.
    Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001)

Mediocre.

Brighton Rock (1947)

Dissapointing, but still a decent film.

The Innocents (1961)

Good film.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Creed

Really enjoyed this. A nice addition to the Rocky universe even if some scenes were a little bit familiar.

A really moving and heartfelt performance from Stallone.
    The Fifth Element (1997) and Gone In Sixty Seconds (2000).

2 films I had never seen before. Fantastic! Bruce Willis is a hero of mine, what an awesome guy. 'Fifth Element' really flew by, 2 hours of excitement, action, humour and a totally badass Willis. As for 'Gone In Sixty Seconds', I also really enjoyed it. I love these old school action films with Nic Cage, like The Rock, Face Off and Con Air. A big dose of fun, and what a cast (Robert Duvall, Delroy Lindo, Will Patton, Timothy Olyphant, Scott Caan, Vinnie Jones...). Kind of a mix of Ocean's Eleven and Fast & Furious.
    Breaking News (2004) and PTU (2003)

2 splendid gangster/crime films from Hong Kong, made by the genius that is Johnnie To. 'Breaking News' is about the police manhunt on a group of gangsters that finish in a long stand-off in a huge building complex. You can almost smell the hot afternoon atmosphere of Hong Kong, and the cinematography really gives a spectacular look on this great city. The opening tracking-shot lasts about 10 minutes and includes a huge gun shootout, which starts the film with a bang.

As for 'PTU', it takes place entirely in the hot sweaty night of Hong-Kong, as a group of cops try to find a lost fun before the day starts. Wonderful night-time travelogue of Hong-Kong, which features a 5 minutes sequence of a low-level gangster being slapped in the face for 50+ times.

Johnnie To always uses the same actors. Both films feature HK stars like Simon Yam and Lam Suet, who always give highly entertaining performances.
    Misery (1990). Very good movie.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Enter The Dragon. Brilliant film.
    stag wrote: »
    Enter The Dragon. Brilliant film.
    Recently purchased the film on BD looks awesome, it's the daddy of the Martial Arts movies.

• FoxRox wrote: »

Heartstopping thriller.

Heartstopping thriller.

It really was excellent. One of the best thrillers I've seen.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

Great book as well from good old Stevie King!

That hobbling scene makes me wince every time!

Agree

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    GATTACA (1997) DVD - cracking sci-fi starring Ethan Hawke, Uma Thurman, Jude Law and Alan Arkin. Just a brilliant film that really should have done much better box office than it did. No popcorn fodder this as it requires a bit of thought from the viewer to get the most out of it. Very much a multiple watch movie - and Uma looks stunning in some of the later scenes. If you've never seen this one, search it out and do yourself a favour!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I have seen it. Incredibly dull.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    I have seen it. Incredibly dull.

Dull?! Words fail me.