Watch the Bond directors panel at CES live, Blu-Rays to be announced

Comments

• gt007gt007 Station G
    edited January 2012 Posts: 1,182
    Indeed, the host was terrible. But Campbell, Glenn and Apted were great fun. It was quite interesting, but it would have been more interesting if the interviewer was better.

For anyone that isn't on twitter, @jamesbondlive is the Twitter account of MI6. I laughed so hard when she said "a question from @jamesbondlive, I think he created the account just for this event".

The main panel will most definitely be more interesting and fun than this. Will that be live streamed too?
  • zb007zb007 UK
    gt007 wrote:
    Will that be live streamed too?

I think its being streamed all day
    Is it finished or will they return?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    gt007 wrote:
    For anyone that isn't on twitter, @jamesbondlive is the Twitter account of MI6. I laughed so hard when she said "a question from @jamesbondlive, I think he created the account just for this event".

That did make me laugh. Very funny, quite the mix up!
    gt007 wrote:
    The main panel will most definitely be more interesting and fun than this. Will that be live streamed too?

It should be just a case of sitting and waiting and something should appear. Rather soon I think.

What did the host say again? I've forgotten but sure it was something on the panel. And panel should = Blu-rays.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    edited January 2012 Posts: 1,380
    Main stage event at 1:30pm PST.

No doubt the Blu-Ray announcement.
    Thanks @JamesPage. One hour then! :D

Far more fun than the Skyfall announcement - at least we can watch it this time and everything is running smoothly, except the host.
    Yeah an hour, an hour untill my Christmas/birthday wish list is full....
    The host, Cali Lewis is on Twitter. Someone should send her a message to read out about her lack of skill with presenting... *-:) Or maybe, just how nice she looks. 8-}
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 1,817
    Wouldn't be great if for the 50 anniversary, EON organize something like this? A panel with Michael, Babs and all the directors: Lewis, Hamilton, Glenn, Apted, Spottiswood, Campbell, Forster and Mendes.
    And of course there will be Young, Hunt and Mr Broccoli as Force Ghosts...
    I hope this is just the start really. There's so much that could and should be done and I'd love that @0013. I'm sure Michael and Barbara won't let us down.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Far more fun than the Skyfall announcement

You must be joking...

Samuel001 wrote:
    Far more fun than the Skyfall announcement

You must be joking...

In the fact that we're able to watch and discuss what's going on.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 1,856
    About 30 minutes to go, Watching it on my mac and posting on my ipad with a keyboard i feel powerful :D

EDIT: feeling fading this damn player is rubbish, pause it to let it buffer and it crashes.
  • Still excited. This is a lot of fun chatting with you folks!
    TWITTER FEED ON THE RIGHT IT IS CONFIRIMING THE BLU-RAY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
    Samuel001 wrote:

That we were able to watch the discussion just made it worse! :D I mean the woman was very annoying.
  • I very much enjoyed Martin's sexist comments while being interviewed by the lady.
    This announcement better show us something and not just be "The Blu-rays are coming this year!".
    Samuel001 wrote:

That we were able to watch the discussion just made it worse! :D I mean the woman was very annoying.

I've just looked her up and it's Cali Lewis' 31st birthday two weeks tomorrow. That's the best reason I can find to be nice.
    I Ha-te Buf-fe-ring it miss-es ou-t abou-t thre-e sec-ond-s of foo-tage ev-ery tim-e it dos-e it!!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I had to switch it off when Glenn couln't rememer the name of TLD. X_X Why John... why?
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Agent_OO7 wrote:
    I very much enjoyed Martin's sexist comments while being interviewed by the lady.

Yeah, that was funny. I really enjoyed their company. I'm sure the main stage panel will be more fun.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    This announcement better show us something and not just be "The Blu-rays are coming this year!".
    Ditto.
  • zb007zb007 UK
    I had to switch it off when Glenn couln't rememer the name of TLD. X_X Why John... why?

He is 79 years old his memory is probably not what it was
    And then there is Michael Apted saying his favorite Bond was Pierce...thank goodness he only directed one Bond film.

And you can do better under those lights and in front of at least 1,000 people

• Did this already start, or are you guys just talking about the first panel?
    1st panel. 15 minutes to go....
  • Ok, was afraid I was missing it, thanks for clearing it up. Looking forward to it!
    JBFan626 wrote:
    And then there is Michael Apted saying his favorite Bond was Pierce...thank goodness he only directed one Bond film.

Directors always seem to be loyal to their actor. I wonder who Campbell and Glen would pick.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    The Directors are scheduled to be back for the main stage event now.

But Panasonic is running 5-10 minutes late, despite the earlier Q&A wrapping on time. We lost 10 minutes of Bond thanks to the iPod running sensor guy.
    Virage wrote:
    1st panel. 15 minutes to go....

Currently sitting through this Forbes interview *yawn*
    Samuel001 wrote:
    JBFan626 wrote:

Directors always seem to be loyal to their actor. I wonder who Campbell and Glen would pick.
    Campbell said Connery. I don't think Glen answered