Watch the Bond directors panel at CES live, Blu-Rays to be announced

Comments

• zb007zb007 UK
    Ok, so there's the BluRays, what about the DVDs? :-?

you can buy them now doubt they will get another re release on DVD
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Zekidk wrote:
    Not a big deal, but noticed that they didn't include any clips from YOLT, OHMSS, TMWTGG, and MR. GE and QoS had their fair share with 8-9 clips each.

Worth noting then, the 2006 UE DVD trailer also had no You Only Live Twice and Moonraker footage.
  • Olga and Caterina were cute. The clips were way too long, I would have liked to have heard from the directors more. You could just tell that Campbell did not want to be there, fidgeting and looking bored, the fact that he up and left at the end was a giveaway.

Loved the trailer and the poster! 2012 is shaping up to be one exciting year!
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    Where can I download the poster?
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    ^
    Uggggghhh...I love Dan, but a little less focus on him would've been great. Like...more Sean, Rog, Tim. Too much Brosnan too, and correct me if I'm wrong, no Geore?!

Agreed. Also, the Box Set cover has Craig as the focus (being in the middle), and Lazenby and Dalton on the end. Not sure why, but I'm not happy about that. They should've just done it in order, from Connery to Craig.
    ^
    Uggggghhh...I love Dan, but a little less focus on him would've been great. Like...more Sean, Rog, Tim. Too much Brosnan too, and correct me if I'm wrong, no Geore?!

Agreed. Also, the Box Set cover has Craig as the focus (being in the middle), and Lazenby and Dalton on the end. Not sure why, but I'm not happy about that. They should've just done it in order, from Connery to Craig.

Deja vu!
    I,m still in the DVD era I,m afraid! I just hope they re-release those with new extras and don't try and push blu ray on those of us who dont want to commit to the format. I really want a special edition QOS with proper extras and commentary!
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Here's the 50th anniversary poster that was revealed at CES earlier:

37946135972535737571526.jpg
    Now, I really want to buy that. Are any details available? Thank you for posting @gt007.
    edited January 2012 Posts: 1,812
    :-O I want that poster!!! It's better looking than how I thought it was going to. How do we get it?

BTW I like how they put the Skyfall title on there.
    Just noticed: the last six films have '007' somewhere in their logo. I hope this is dropped for Bond 24. I really do think, for a logo at least, it isn't needed.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    It's beautiful indeed. Though, admittedly, it's not really original, it's classic Bond.

As for the new special features on the new Blu-ray box set, here's what Amazon says:
    Amazon wrote:
    Collection includes all 22 James Bond feature films from Dr. No to Quantum of Solace and more than 130 hours of bonus features including never-before-seen content from the Bond archives, and more.

One disc of brand new bonus content approximately one hour in length.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ^

Exactly. I am completely startled as to why EON didn't do that? From Sean to George to Roger to Tim to Pierce to Dan would be a great transition using the pictures they have. But instead they kept it in order of how many films from Rog to Dan, then stuck George and Tim at the end. Blasphemy.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    gt007 wrote:
    It's beautiful indeed. Though, admittedly, it's not really original, it's classic Bond.

As for the new special features on the new Blu-ray box set, here's what Amazon says:
    Amazon wrote:
    Collection includes all 22 James Bond feature films from Dr. No to Quantum of Solace and more than 130 hours of bonus features including never-before-seen content from the Bond archives, and more.

One disc of brand new bonus content approximately one hour in length.

Hopefully that special one hour disc is the documentary they were setting up on Bond. But hopefully not. One hour isn't enough to get through 50 efficiently and with meaning.
  • Wish we could get a head-on picture of that box-art. Would make a great PC wallpaper.
    Special Features?
    Virage wrote:
    Special Features?

Looks like the same but with an extra one hour feature, so far. Hopefully more is revealed at a later date.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    USA price will be $299!

You can pre-order now and save $100
    http://amzn.to/x3zBcv

Another thing Deadline pulled out their arse and guessed wrong.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Virage wrote:
    Special Features?

Looks like the same but with an extra one hour feature, so far. Hopefully more is revealed at a later date.

Probably the 50th anniversary documentary. On a separate disc.
    JamesPage wrote:
    USA price will be $299!

I might be stupid and can't figure it out, but is there a way to pre-order on Amazon or any other site and pay over time, rather than all at once?
    JamesPage wrote:
    USA price will be $299!

I might be stupid and can't figure it out, but is there a way to pre-order on Amazon or any other site and pay over time, rather than all at once?

I don't think so. That price is rather high and translates to £130 compared to the UK's £90.
    JamesPage wrote:

LOL, yeah it seems so. On the whole they're OK but boy, did they muck the Bond news up!
    JamesPage wrote:
    Probably the 50th anniversary documentary. On a separate disc.

That's it? Wow, no wonder I'm choosing not to buy this set. Knew there was a good reason.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    JamesPage wrote:
    USA price will be $299!

£90 pounds off amazon uk somehow became £75 when I placed the order = AU$113 with free shipping!!

How disappointing this all is. Great move to suck up the cash EON, then only give us a one hour documentary. Tisk tisk. What is it? Ten minutes a Bond?!
    How disappointing this all is. Great move to suck up the cash EON, then only give us a one hour documentary. Tisk tisk. What is it? Ten minutes a Bond?!

I agree.

Zekidk wrote:
    Trailer now on YouTube:

I feel like I just watched the trailer for the best movie ever made.
    The 2nd trailer is better IMO. The 1st doesn't showcase all the Bonds equally, with George not appearing at all. I'm not a big Lazzers fan, but still... [-(
  • £90 for 22 movies - that's still top value for HD! About £4 a film! Or a tenner a month between now and release day....

On the collectable front, I would like a set of individual cases though. How big is this box? I guess it would need to be just over a foot long to fit 22 conventional BD cases....
    Thank you!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I really wasn't going to, some of those films I don't think i could watch ever again but £89.99 is such a good price and for 10 or 11 I will I guess it's a bargain.