'I'll Never Get Those Two Hours Back!' - Films you regret buying a ticket for.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    James Cameron is the Academy's favorite director to overrate, for whatever reason.
    I was laughing at the end of Titanic I looked around the audience as I thought surely I should not be laughing.

Titanic was certainly the oddest cinema experience I'd ever been part of. As it drew to an end I scanned the audience and saw so many tearful people with tissues to their faces to dry the tears and then all waking out red eyed and emotionally drained.

I guess Titanic did its job but just took so long to get there!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Titanic was the first time I truly didn't like a Cameron film.
    Man of Steel, biggest disappointment i've ever had at the cinema.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    The sinking was cool, I'll give it that.
    Anyone go to see "Nil By Mouth" ? I am still mentally scarred, just a dreadful thing
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    patb wrote: »
    Anyone go to see "Nil By Mouth" ? I am still mentally scarred, just a dreadful thing

LOL, @patb

I remember renting the video of Nil By Mouth and good god, I had to watch it in two separate sittings! I got halfway through and just couldn't take anymore. Watched the second half a few days later.

I watched it again in one sitting a few years later. A very powerful film that is as real as film can get. It resonates with me because it's filmed in New Cross where I grew up.

Great directing debut from Gary Oldman.

Not a film to watch if you're depressed.

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Titanic was the first time I truly didn't like a Cameron film.

Same here, much prefer The Abyss. (also hate Avatar, but didn't pay to see that, a friend lent it to my then missus).
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Quite a few years back, a friend and I went to The Point in Milton Keynes, as it used to be her local (I live in Devon), and she wanted to show me where she used to go. Can't remember the film we were going to see but it was sold out, so we went and watched The Glimmer Man with Steven Ponytail. F@ck me! insult my intelligence why don't you?! What a complete and utter pile of CRAP - and the cinema was freakin' cold too.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I remember taking a girl to see a Micky Rourke movie, I think it was called
    The Red Shoes or something, it was supposed to be very sexy and thought it
    Might get my lady friend in the mood for some romance.......... Bloody hell
    It was so slow, nothing happening. So that by the time any sexy scenes started
    I couldn't care less, as I was so bored. :))
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Spider-Man 3. 1 and 2 were excellent, even if Tobey Maguire can't quip to save his life (in the movies, at least; he's funny as hell in the video games), but Spider-Man 3 was just a mess. No villains done any justice, pointless retconning of the plot of Spider-Man 1, and just a waste.

Resident Evil Apocalypse and Resident Evil Extinction. Just worthless movies. The entire series is worthless.
    Agreed about the Resident evil movies, I don't even know what the title of the last one
    I watched was, but why they're still being made. I just don't know.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I have to admit that I really liked the first and second Resident Evil films. Milla kicking butt in her younger days was a sight to behold. There's even a Bourne (Swiss cops) moment when she discovers her 'powers' that's quite memorable. After the 2nd one I lost interest and haven't seen any since.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Spider-Man 3. 1 and 2 were excellent, even if Tobey Maguire can't quip to save his life (in the movies, at least; he's funny as hell in the video games), but Spider-Man 3 was just a mess. No villains done any justice, pointless retconning of the plot of Spider-Man 1, and just a waste.

I thought Maguires sacked big time in the games. My toilet bowl has more charisma than his voice. SM3 was definitely a mess but it was hilarious for all the wrong reasons and thus, was one of the best cinematic crowd interactions I've experienced.

2003839490.gif

hair-flip.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

• edited August 2016 Posts: 11,189
    Quite a few years back, a friend and I went to The Point in Milton Keynes, as it used to be her local (I live in Devon), and she wanted to show me where she used to go. Can't remember the film we were going to see but it was sold out, so we went and watched The Glimmer Man with Steven Ponytail. F@ck me! insult my intelligence why don't you?! What a complete and utter pile of CRAP - and the cinema was freakin' cold too.

I love how hilarious this scene is from 1.55 onwards. Also, is it just me or do some of the shots remind anyone of QoS?

In terms of my own experience with watching bad films in the cinema, off the top of my head I can think of 2012 and The Happening - probably my two worst experiences.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    doubleoego wrote: »

I thought Maguires sacked big time in the games. My toilet bowl has more charisma than his voice. SM3 was definitely a mess but it was hilarious for all the wrong reasons and thus, was one of the best cinematic crowd interactions I've experienced.

He's still not the perfect Spider-Man in the games, but he's closer to the comics character than he is in the films. The perfect Spider-Man is Josh Keaton, that opinion will never change, though Tom Holland does a damn good job.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited August 2016 Posts: 4,043
    Batman & Robin

The Avengers (1998)

Pacific Rim

Interstellar

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Titanic

Alice In Wonderland

Ghostbusters 2

Gremlins 2

Those are the ones I can remember paying for and feeling conned. Some I've seen at the cinema and not disliked so much the first time round like Jurassic World on the big screen seemed Ok and mildly entertaining but nothing outstanding but it was only when I caught it on Blu ray and subjected my poor Wife to it I then realised what a terribly generic and underwhelming film it is with practically no tension whatsover at all.

It's just far too expensive to go to the cinema these days, the last time I went it was £10.29 for Star Trek Beyond, thankfully I was thoroughly entertained if I hadn't I would have felt royally ripped off.

Other than that in 2016 the only film I've paid to see was The Hateful 8, thankfully I enjoyed that. I've become incredibly careful what I see on the big screen over the last 3-4 years because of the cost, it's not like when it was under £5 you could live with seeing rubbish but now it would be a real kick in the balls at the prices you pay.

It has to be worth it on the big screen otherwise I save it for the small screen. I've got an Odeon voucher which I think we'll be going to see Suicide Squad with unless it's slammed like BvS, I'm mildly intrigued but my Wife wants to see it as she's a Jared Leto fan.

I think Fantastic Beasts will get my money but the only film that is guaranteed is Rogue One. The only things I saw in 2015 at the cinema were Mad Max, Jurassic World, SPECTRE x 2 & The Force Awakens.

I can't comprehend some will just drop their money on the most mediocre stuff, I mean I've seen people saying I'm not really into Bourne but I went to see the new one and it wasn't that great, plenty of money and free time I guess.

If you've got money to burn fair enough but we've got a house to do up and I'd rather spend my money on that then increase Hollywoods coffers by paying to see substandard output, I guess it's down to what your priorities are in life.

I'd forgotten about " Interstellar" :(
    Independence Day

Was quite enjoying it up until Will Smith knocked out an alien. Then it rapidly turned into a massive bag of shite.

I've never seen a Roland Emmerich film since.

:)) have you seen part two ? ..... It's even worse !
    :)) have you seen part two ? ..... It's even worse !

Needless to say not on my 'to see list' @Thunderpussy....!
    Independence Day is the best film ever made. FACT.

I won't have anyone slag off that masterpiece.

I enjoy a good action flick but some films just seem full of explosions, shootings
    Car chases but with no real story to tie them together and no real attempt at
    Developing any realistic characters.
    I enjoy a good action flick but some films just seem full of explosions, shootings
    Car chases but with no real story to tie them together and no real attempt at
    Developing any realistic characters.

Basically the 5th "Die Hard" film.
    Lately old Bruce seems to have given up any attempt at acting and is just
    Sleep walking through his films. :( DH5 was terrible, when you consider
    What had come before.
    I don't count it as part of the series. At least in Die Hard 4.0 they tried a bit to show McClane as an older, more jaded character. In the fifth he could be anyone.
    What had come before.

The last decent film I saw him in was Looper

Haven't even bothered with Die Hard 5 or whatever it's called....
    What had come before.

Looper was good. I feel bad that i'd forgotten about it.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    What had come before.

Looper was good. I feel bad that i'd forgotten about it.

Looper was inane. Why pay for some guy to kill someone when you could just send him back in time to the Mesozoic era and leave him to fend for himself amongst the dinosaurs and volcanoes? Or just send him back to 1 day after the big bang?

Once I realised the inherent stupidity of the entire concept (about 5 minutes in) then I couldn't take it seriously after that.

I'd forgotten about " Interstellar" :(

So had I. That's probably the worst indictment of the film. Utterly forgettable. By some distance Nolan's worst film.
    Buffalo Bill and the Indians (1976)
    Superman III (1983)
    The Witch (2016)

I can tell by previews that a movie is a sack of monkey turds and I avoid them. I have to go way back to think of films (see above) that I absolutely hate. Big CGI extravaganzas I avoid and thus do not feel I have wasted my time.