ALIEN Franchise

Comments

• So unless they pull of some sort of Star Trek reboot that disregards 3 & 4, while still making them canon, what we've got here is the REAL Alien 3 (or 'Aliens 2' if you want to get technical)
    I love the idea of Ripley & Hicks returning. Sigourney Weaver has apparently found the fountain of youth, and with minor makeup, could look identical to her appearance in 1986. And while Michael Beihn hasn't fared quite as well as Weaver, he's got the acid scar to hide his age :))

And that's IF they go the route of replacing Alien 3. Depending on what they have in mind, the characters could just be older for the sake of the story. I wonder what they have planned.

The concept drawings got me (and a lot of other people) excited, and now that it's been officially announced, I'll be VERY disappointed if Ripley & Hicks aren't in it.
    I watched a bit of Alien Resurrection on Sky last month for the first time in years.

In the words and tone of Telly Savalas "dear dear me"

I actually thought that film was better than Alien 3 at one point.
    I have concerns already and I loved the first three movies. 4th movie I thought was awful!
    So unless they pull of some sort of Star Trek reboot that disregards 3 & 4, while still making them canon, what we've got here is the REAL Alien 3 (or 'Aliens 2' if you want to get technical)
    I love the idea of Ripley & Hicks returning. Sigourney Weaver has apparently found the fountain of youth, and with minor makeup, could look identical to her appearance in 1986. And while Michael Beihn hasn't fared quite as well as Weaver, he's got the acid scar to hide his age :))

And that's IF they go the route of replacing Alien 3. Depending on what they have in mind, the characters could just be older for the sake of the story. I wonder what they have planned.

The concept drawings got me (and a lot of other people) excited, and now that it's been officially announced, I'll be VERY disappointed if Ripley & Hicks aren't in it.
    The scar face in one of those concept drawings looks absolutely loveable. I suggest the cryo-sleep engine had a minor fault, resulting in Ripley and Hicks ageing some. Blomkamp´s comment that his conversation with Sigourney Weaver "fueled" the idea of a new film sounds like nothing other than Ripley returning, so why not Hicks too?

A Paxton cameo would be great :-)).

I would love it if Alien 5 is a new continuation of Aliens and complete ignores/erases Alien 3 & Resurrection for the timeline.
  • I just found this on another board but with no subtext... anyone know what the deal is? Photoshop? Could it be too much to hope that it's a photo of Michael Beihn doing a makeup test???

10917373_10101455285882410_2326303033818249562_n.jpg?oh=1016b209fc53e0d63524b74264a1952a&oe=55492B73
    I just found this on another board but with no subtext... anyone know what the deal is? Photoshop? Could it be too much to hope that it's a photo of Michael Beihn doing a makeup test???

10917373_10101455285882410_2326303033818249562_n.jpg?oh=1016b209fc53e0d63524b74264a1952a&oe=55492B73

That is a freaky get up!!!
    Make-up test images for Neill Blomkamp's Alien featuring a disfigured Hicks. I just watched Aliens recently and Hicks was nowhere near that messed up-- so if they are still planning on ignoring Alien 3 they must have something up their sleeve, like acid dripping on him while in his Cryotube or something...

Still, it beats being dead!

alien-image-1-3-6.jpg
    alien-image-2-3-6.jpg
    alien-image-3-3-6.jpg
    alien-image-4-3-6.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Jesus! He looks like a crack addict.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I'm there.
    My sympathy.
    Hey, this might be awesome. :-?
    Seriously not sure about this?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    About crack being awesome? You need to try it out before passing judgment.

facepalm.jpg

:)) No? The new movie! :-?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I may be the only one but I loved both District 9 and Elysium. I haven't seen Chappie yet but it looks great, so I have faith in Blomkamp to re-ignite the Alien franchise.
    I thought D9 was great, Elysium a bit flat in the story department, Chappie felt too boring and too much like Robocop.
    But the concept art Blomkamp did for Alien 5 looks promising.
    http://www.filmstarts.de/nachrichten/18492260.html

Sorry, I only found a German link, but it says Michael Biehn confirmed he´ll be back as Hicks.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    http://www.filmstarts.de/nachrichten/18492260.html

Sorry, I only found a German link, but it says Michael Biehn confirmed he´ll be back as Hicks.

English Translate

Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) gets support from Corporal Dwayne Hicks. In the roll again slips Michael Biehn, of this already in "Aliens - The Return" embodied. This is one of the cast of the upcoming sci-fi project of "Chappie" - and "District 9" director Neill Blomkamp now have two names. More to follow in the near future, the shooting starts but is not in the too distant future. Going to the cinema of the fifth, still untetitelte "Alien" movie to come then in 2017.

The cameras are probably angeschmissen in summer 2015. Biehn revealed that he can not possibly go to Sheffield Comic Con because of the shoot and which is mid-August.
    Watched a recent interview with Biehn on Armchair directors which was quite funny, his reaction to being asked about Alien³ is priceless. Any Alien movie I am willing to give a go, intrigued if anything to what ideas green lit this film.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Aliens celebrates its 30th anniversary today! One of the most badass films ever made!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Aliens celebrates its 30th anniversary today! One of the most badass films ever made!

My god that makes me feel old!

Great great film. Still raises the excitement levels whenever I watch it. Totally blew me away first seeing it in 86.

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Alien is a classic horror film, Aliens is a classic action thriller, Alien 3 should have been great but was plagued by an interfering studio and poor special effects, 4 is watchable yet forgettable and Prometheous is interesting, entertaining and underrated.
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Alien is a classic horror film, Aliens is a classic action thriller, Alien 3 should have been great but was plagued by an interfering studio and poor special effects, 4 is watchable yet forgettable and Prometheous is interesting, entertaining and underrated.

I don't think of Prometheus as part of the Alien films.

I put off seeing it for a long time as I didn't want it to infringe on my enjoyment of Alien. I don't want to know where those eggs came from, who the 'Space Jockey' was or why that giant craft came to be there. The mystery was what made Alien so cool. We know as much as the crew of the Nostromo.

While Prometheus looks great and has a marvellous score. It's a major disappointment coming from Ridley Scott. To further the plot the characters do dumb things. Great scriptwriting....
    Aliens is the most boring of the lot.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2016 Posts: 23,883
    When I was younger I loved Aliens.

Now I much prefer Alien itself. Much more sinister with the pervasive feeling of the emptiness and loneliness of space. A distinct case of less is more imho.

I loved Prometheus as well (just amazing on my large screen tv), and can't wait for Alien Covenant.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Lol, It's funny, the old saying 'One man's garbage is another man's treasure' applies here. When I first saw Aliens in 86, I walked out of the theater thinking that it was the most exciting, satisfying movie that I had ever seen. I rewatched the Blu-ray the other night and my feelings remain the same. From acting to visual effects to music and more, every element of this film is perfect.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    talos7 wrote: »

Lol, It's funny, the old saying 'One man's garbage is another man's treasure' applies here. When I first saw Aliens in 86, I walked out of the theater thinking that it was the most exciting, satisfying movie that I had ever seen. I rewatched the Blu-ray the other night and my feelings remain the same. From acting to visual effects to music and more, every element of this film is perfect.

+1. I wasn't lucky enough to be around to see it in theaters (although I have seen a print of it on the big screen a few years ago) but it gets better every time I watch it.

Why do you think Aliens is 'boring?' Never heard it called that before!

I'd say Alien 3 became boring after that interesting first half hour when it turned into 'bald convicts swearing at each other.'