Will we ever see a film simply titled "James Bond"?

124»

Comments

It may be true, as some people have said, that "James Bond" shouldn't be in the title because the films should be mission-oriented, but keep in mind that Gardner used his name in one of his titles, No Deals, Mr. Bond.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    The only time I think a film titled "James Bond," would work is for the final Bond film (If it was planned to be the final film and it ever comes in our lifetimes).

How about Rest in Peace, James Bond? I really hope that we never see it though.

Awful again.

If anything it's this thread that needs to rest in peace.

It's a shit idea and it should never happen. That should be an end of it.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly, Wizard. I was just putting it out there as the lesser of many evils if they were ever to use the name "James Bond" in the title somewhere! :)
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 9,737
    Well you can't win them all... Like I said we all have our loves and hates... However if the choice for titileong bond 25 were

James Bond
    007 in New York
    Or
    The Hildebrand Rarirty

Suddenly a title many of you hate would become something you all enjoyed much more... (In this instance the Hildebrand rarity)

Right Wizard and Rc7 you would surely take the Hildebrand rarity over James Bond or 007 in New York right?
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 1,661
    My favourite title for a future Bond film is

Shaken Not Stirred

could be cool too. I think it'll work best with a new actor playing Bond.

James Bond

as the title could be a bit too obvious, though. I'd prefer Shaken Not Stirred or 007.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Will we ever see a film simply titled "James Bond"?

No
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    What about .....
    " Bond...... James Bond !" :D
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(said in a Darth Vader 'prequels' way)

:D
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    If Craig has one more as a swansong, I'm partial to Forget Me Not as a title. A bit of double entendre as it could refer to the whole reboot era, his story arc, or him as a Bond actor.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    It may be true, as some people have said, that "James Bond" shouldn't be in the title because the films should be mission-oriented, but keep in mind that Gardner used his name in one of his titles, No Deals, Mr. Bond.

Well if you did your research you might know that Gardner was vehemently against this title and it was forced upon him by the money men.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Well you can't win them all... Like I said we all have our loves and hates... However if the choice for titileong bond 25 were

James Bond
    007 in New York
    Or
    The Hildebrand Rarirty

Suddenly a title many of you hate would become something you all enjoyed much more... (In this instance the Hildebrand rarity)

Right Wizard and Rc7 you would surely take the Hildebrand rarity over James Bond or 007 in New York right?

I certainly would. I don't particularly like the Hildebrand Rarity but against such dismal opposition it strolls home. But that's like saying would I prefer cancer a heart attack or a broken leg. I'll take the broken leg thanks if that's all that's on the table.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    My favourite title for a future Bond film is

Shaken Not Stirred

Christ. Please tell me you're joking?

Why not Licence To Thrill while you're at it?
  • RC7RC7
    This thread is an imagination vacuum.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Could only happen if Bond was away from the screen for 30 years.
  • The Hildebrand Rarity will be viewed very much like Quantum of Solace if it does get used, I think. Awkward, but eventually fans will begrudgingly accept it.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I do love Quantum of Solace. Great title and poetic. Bond titles have to be poetic and intellectually complicated... Unlike The Death Collector or some lazy something like James Bond, etc.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Next Bond movie should be titled The Codename Theory
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2016 Posts: 17,729
    The Hildebrand Rarity will be viewed very much like Quantum of Solace if it does get used, I think. Awkward, but eventually fans will begrudgingly accept it.

Yes, I agree if we are talking about general film or Bond fans but I think it's safe to say that literary Bond fans accepted those titles long ago (and rightly so, too).
    Aston Martin would be a great title for a Bond film a'la Eastwood's Gran Torino.
    Will we ever see a Bond film that

recaptures the magic of the first four films?
    features a Bond without the angst of the death of someone close to him?
    doesn't deal with the demise of the 007 section?
    doesn't feature a worn out, played out Bond?
    features an actor with as much cool and detachment as Sean Connery?
    we come having fallen in love with a Bond film once again?

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Is this really a thread??? We're so desperate for news that we're pulling topics out of our ...hats.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Or shoes.