Game of Thrones (2011 - 19)

Comments

• DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    I had no idea it was Diana Rigg until I stumbled upon this thread a week ago. :P

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Since there has been a bit of GoT news lately, I had to update this (surprised this isn't more popular).

The incredible Max von Sydow and Ian McShane have signed on for season six of the show. Also, GoT S5 is available for pre-order already, for $39.99 on blu-ray. Expect this to drop to $29.99 around the release time in February 2016.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2015 Posts: 9,020
    I actually watch quite a bit of TV Shows and I did start watching GoT but it did nothing for me. I hate those family/clan feuds full of intrigue. I stopped during season two.
    I think GoT is quite a bit overhyped. But that's just me, obviously GoT is massive if not even the most watched TV Show at the moment.
    I actually watch quite a bit of TV Shows and I did start watching GoT but it did nothing for me. I hate those family/clan feuds full of intrigue. I stopped during season two.
    I think GoT is quite a bit overhyped. But that's just me, obviously GoT is massive if not even the most watched TV Show at the moment.

I can understand it not being for everyone. Personally, I love it. I wouldn't say it's overhyped, but then again, I find 'The Walking Dead' to be incredibly overrated, so opinions do vary.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @Creasy47

The Walking Dead's first season was fantastic. But then it became Grey's Anatomy within two episodes of season two with some zombies appearing every now and then. Just bad.
    I stopped in the middle of season three, I couldn't take all that relationship s**t anymore and the zombies were more like annoying occurrences.

GoT could have been "saved" for me if they hadn't killed of the main character played by Sean Bean. That was the last straw...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2016 Posts: 15,686
    Season 6 full trailer:

You don't watch this, too, do you @DaltonCraig007?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2016 Posts: 15,686
    @Creasy47 are you crazy? I've been addicted to this show since the very first episode 5 years ago! ;) I have all seasons on Blu Ray (the 5th one comes out on blu ray next week, and I am definately going to pick it up.)
    @Creasy47 are you crazy? I've been addicted to this show since the very first episode 5 years ago! ;) I have all seasons on Blu Ray (the 5th one comes out on blu ray next week, and I am definately going to pick it up.)

This doesn't surprise me, happy to know you're as big of a fan as I am! I need to finish up my GoT marathon, I'm really slacking. I got halfway through S1E9 (and you know things realllllly kick off after that episode's finale) and put it on hold to catch up on some movies I've missed lately. I was hoping to get through the first four seasons before season five was out on blu-ray, but that won't be happening now.
    Arya Stark has certainly read Shakespeare, that's for sure. Titus Andronicus, to be precise.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 2,341
    The show just finished its Sixth season --ten episodes run on HBO and I see that I have been so friggin late to the party. Glad to finally find you guys!

BEWARE SPOILERS

I was disappointed with the previous Fifth Season. I had been reading the books and I found the OTT violence and brutality (in two scenes that were not in the books) to be shocking and I do not see why the producers felt they had to "push the envelope" last year. the show is immensely popular and there was no cause for some of the crap viewers were subjected to last year.

Aside from the Sand Snakes and any scene with Emilia Clark in it, I found Season 5 to be a letdown.

Now on to Season 6: I was highly satisfied. The show kept me entertained and I was glad to see at least two assholes get their just desserts (violent and bloody deaths).
    What I don't like from season five to season six is the pacing: season five crawled along as slow as it possibly could, then season six seemed to give everyone teleporters. Shame that we only have two shortened seasons left to look forward to, but both winter and the end game are upon us, and I can't wait to see how it all wraps up for those who are still alive.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I didn't realise or maybe I forgot this thread existed.

Yep there's something like 14 or so episodes left. It's going to be super exciting stuff.

It's an absolute shame that director, Miguel Sapochnik won't be returning for season 7. That man knows how to visually entertain, deliver in character, plot and atmosphere.
    Those who are returning, though, have me excited and optimistic enough. Shame we still have to wait until late April for a shortened season.
    I wonder if we'll ever see Gendry again.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 2,341
    I just started watching about a year ago. I got the first seasons at the library and after Season 1 I was hooked. Even started reading the books. Now that's latching onto a show!

I want to take a moment and pay tribute to those who died this past season 6. Some old members since Season 1-2. So here goes:
    Margery Terell
    Osha
    Mace Terell
    Fat Wanda
    Loras Terell
    Black Walder Frey
    Kevan Lannister
    Lothar Frey
    Lancel Lannister
    Walder Frey (finally)
    Shaggy Dog
    Baelon Greyjoy
    Summer
    Grand Maester Peycell
    Hodor
    Head Sparrow
    Rickon Stark (very sad)
    Sadistic Nun (she's not dead, least not yet)
    Tristan Martell
    Ramsey "Snow' Bolton
    Prince of Dorn (Tristan's pop)
    Roose Bolton
    Alistair Thorne (thorn in Jon's side from the time he joined the Nights Watch)
    King Tommen

I am sure I missed some but forgive me. Of these deaths, the most satisfying was Walder Frey and Ramsey. The most surprising was Margery and the saddest was Rickon.

Question for you military minded members:
    Now that Daenyrys has her fleet, dragons and has set sail for Westeros, what should be her first move?
    1. Stop at the Iron Islands and secure Asha and Theon's position by destroying their uncle?
    2. Head for Dorn and the Reach and reinforce her army with Dornishmen and men from there?
    3. Head for Kings landing and destroy the Lannisters once and for all?
    4. Capture the Lannister base at Casterly Rock and draw the Lannister army out and smash them in the grand battle?

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I won't watch the show because I'm waiting for the books to end (maybe another 5 years if Gerorge R R Martin survives long enough). The series I know has strayed from the route the books are taking, but even so there will be too many spoilers in there now that the show has overtaken the books.
    NicNac wrote: »
    I won't watch the show because I'm waiting for the books to end (maybe another 5 years if Gerorge R R Martin survives long enough). The series I know has strayed from the route the books are taking, but even so there will be too many spoilers in there now that the show has overtaken the books.

I started the books after I started watching the show about a year or so ago. I am not excited to read the next book as I know there may be spoilers inside, even though the show has overtaken the books, I still expect to see spoilers. Also I could just take the attitude that the books and show are like alternative histories, parallel dimensions so to speak.

I'll get to the books eventually - own them all but the latest one - and I do enjoy not knowing what is or isn't going to be in the books from here on out. I've heard particular storylines are heavily varied between the TV show and books, such as the Dorne storyline.
    There is a lot of talk about the pet wolves in the books as well. Especially Arya and Bran's wolves. The books mention how a big bad she-wolf (Arya's pet) has been leading a huge pack of wolves around the Riverlands.

There are some big moments/returns in the books that I wonder whether or not will return in the final 15 episodes or so.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 40,368
    EDIT: Season 7 will premiere on July 16th, 2017.

The first poster for season seven of 'Game of Thrones' is now online, and the premiere date for the new season will be unveiled around 2 PM EST:

game-of-thrones-season-7-poster.jpg
    edited May 2017 Posts: 40,368
    Daenerys finally arriving at what looks like King's Landing? The Hound braving the cold? And where might Arya be heading? First official images of season seven are now online:

http://itsh.bo/2pHAkdN

May 22nd, 2017 EDIT: More images have been unveiled:

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-7-images-hbo/
    Season 7 trailer

Was going to post but got tired of editing old posts. I think that's the last footage I'll watch, don't need to be sold anymore on this!
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 19,339
    GoT is truly epic.

I am just rushing through series 6 as I missed half of it and luckily SKY have put all of series 1-6 box sets on 'on demand' which is free .

I can totally understand how people on here don't like the Walking Dead as that seemed to really slow down,and each series was about 20 episodes long !!

I think you have to be either GoT or WD as there isn't really room in your life for both and other things as well,and I'm firmly in the GoT club.

Just the scenery alone,the battles,the undead,giants,dragons etc, and the acting are all superb ,and even though Andrew Lincoln is English (the sheriff) in WD,in real life ,I still prefer GoT (mind you most actors in this are British as well.
    GoT is horrendous crap, the first one was decent at best, sean bean made it tolerable. it's all talk and the action scenes are so poor it's laughable. it's so overrated it's astounding. the actors who play on it are so bad no wonder they don't have much going on except their GoT show LMAO
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 19,339
    How many series have u seen ? ...rather an OTT comment wouldn't you say ?

You do know this is a James Bond discussion site and that Sir Roger Moore has died ?
    Are you going to leave a nice comment about him on his thread ?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    GoT is truly epic.

I am just rushing through series 6 as I missed half of it and luckily SKY have put all of series 1-6 box sets on 'on demand' which is free .

I can totally understand how people on here don't like the Walking Dead as that seemed to really slow down,and each series was about 20 episodes long !!

I think you have to be either GoT or WD as there isn't really room in your life for both and other things as well,and I'm firmly in the GoT club.

Just the scenery alone,the battles,the undead,giants,dragons etc, and the acting are all superb ,and even though Andrew Lincoln is English (the sheriff) in WD,in real life ,I still prefer GoT (mind you most actors in this are British as well.

I used to watch both, until I realized I'm not a fan of bloated soap operas (double negative, I suppose), which is when I quit watching 'The Walking Dead.'
    Rasputin wrote: »
    GoT is horrendous crap, the first one was decent at best, sean bean made it tolerable. it's all talk and the action scenes are so poor it's laughable. it's so overrated it's astounding. the actors who play on it are so bad no wonder they don't have much going on except their GoT show LMAO

I've scarcely seen a comment on here that was so off-base and incorrect. Did the showrunners steal your lunch money in a past life?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    GoT is truly epic.

Eh? I watch both and a whole bunch of other stuff...too many TV shows in fact.