The June 2016 UK Referendum on EU Membership: [UPDATE] What kind of BREXIT do YOU want?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    If the EU was so perfect a Magical Kingdom, then why are so many disillusioned
    With it, even the remain campaign wanted reforms, and several other EU countries
    are demanding a referendum of their own.
    Also what's done is done, it's over ! We have to work with what we've got. ;)
  • Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University
    Always nice to see my 'fellow' countrymen ready to fill up some trains. Make yourself a list, will you? Wouldn't want to forget anybody we want to get rid of. By the by, stellar job how the Bratzis already backpaddle on their lies.
    Yes, don't let the truth get in the way of your argument eh ? :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Don t forget this little matter: The referendum is not binding. The parliament decides.
    Who ever the EU was, we scared the Leaving Daylights, out of her ! :D
    =)) that is hilarious.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 299
    Pussy, there's a lot be learned about the character of a man when you watch him winning. ;)
    I don't watch too many men ;) ( for the record, I'm not too bothered about the vote
    I simply enjoy arguments ) :))
    Oh, I know you're a troll, no need to warn me. But I wasn't talking about you. Just lean back and learn. ;)
    edited June 2016 Posts: 13,384
    Awh, and I thought I was getting the special treatment. :( Still keep it up
    The rants from the uneducated are always amusing :))
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,691
    The people who say the referendum should never have happened and is proof that people didn't understand what they were voting for, are they the same who would say this referendum is a 'perfect example of democracy' if Remain had won?
    They're the same who googled Brexit Friday morning, no?
    Agreed @DaltonCraig007 =D>
    The people who say the referendum should never have happened and is proof that people didn't understand what they were voting for, are they the same who would say this referendum is a 'perfect example of democracy' if Remain had won?

Precisely!!

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I can understand remainers not beeing happy with the results, but what I worry about is the intensified hatred. Bratzis? Remainiz? come on, don't you have a future to work to?

@Gustav was referring to the Weimar lection in 1932 in which the Nazi's became the largest party, in his never relenting efforts to drag them into any argument about the EU. But one should not forget, they never got the majority, as it was a multy party system. The communists were second, but never the twain would meet for forming a government. In the end, the Nazi's seized power through a coupe.

Now, the real lessons learned should be, that if government goes in a direction the people don't like, they will express this in elections. This is exactly what happened. The EU wasn't reforming fast enough, and going into a direction most people in Europe don't want. It has taken 4 (!) referendums to show them this. We had the EU constitution referendums (Holland and France, both said no, but it got pushed through with only cosmetic changes) and the association with the Ukraine one (Holland again, no again) with which they still don't know what to do. And no Britain has voted to leave.

This all means that it's time Britain starts it's own reforms as quickly as possible, finding ways to become innovative and efficient again in all regions without EU money. Can they do it? Sure they can, I don't see why not. There are many modern countries capable of beeing competitive and thriving.

Instead it seems the political elite seem to want to take revenge on the people. No focus on the future, but condescending comments on how stupid everyone has been. Sad really, but also a great example of why things should change.

The EU has had it's final warning. Hopefully it's enough, and if so, in time Britain will rejoin in, say, ten years time. If not, the EU will crumble, with the countries with the highest potential getting out first, leaving a poor, highly debted (southern) EU.

Those condescending enough to claim that these matters are too complicated for a referendum ('the little people') should wonder why it's 'too complicated'. Maybe your education system isn't on par then. Perhaps that's where those 350 million should go to first?

You reap what you sow. This has been a long way coming and you've turned a blind eye, as has the EU. Now open your eyes and go work on a prosperous Britain without whining (if you do, the Scots may want to remain in Britain). Or watch as Great Britain will fade away in history. It's your choice.

From most recent reports, there's no support for another referendum in Scotland.
    Might be voter fatigue ?
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Funny video, but the right to a fair trial is actually in the magna carta way back
    In 1215. Which I think k is a little before the EU was formed. :)) Once again
    " Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story " ;)
    I can understand remainers not beeing happy with the results, but what I worry about is the intensified hatred. Bratzis? Remainiz? come on, don't you have a future to work to?

@Gustav was referring to the Weimar lection in 1932 in which the Nazi's became the largest party, in his never relenting efforts to drag them into any argument about the EU. But one should not forget, they never got the majority, as it was a multy party system. The communists were second, but never the twain would meet for forming a government. In the end, the Nazi's seized power through a coupe.

Now, the real lessons learned should be, that if government goes in a direction the people don't like, they will express this in elections. This is exactly what happened. The EU wasn't reforming fast enough, and going into a direction most people in Europe don't want. It has taken 4 (!) referendums to show them this. We had the EU constitution referendums (Holland and France, both said no, but it got pushed through with only cosmetic changes) and the association with the Ukraine one (Holland again, no again) with which they still don't know what to do. And no Britain has voted to leave.

This all means that it's time Britain starts it's own reforms as quickly as possible, finding ways to become innovative and efficient again in all regions without EU money. Can they do it? Sure they can, I don't see why not. There are many modern countries capable of beeing competitive and thriving.

Instead it seems the political elite seem to want to take revenge on the people. No focus on the future, but condescending comments on how stupid everyone has been. Sad really, but also a great example of why things should change.

The EU has had it's final warning. Hopefully it's enough, and if so, in time Britain will rejoin in, say, ten years time. If not, the EU will crumble, with the countries with the highest potential getting out first, leaving a poor, highly debted (southern) EU.

Those condescending enough to claim that these matters are too complicated for a referendum ('the little people') should wonder why it's 'too complicated'. Maybe your education system isn't on par then. Perhaps that's where those 350 million should go to first?

You reap what you sow. This has been a long way coming and you've turned a blind eye, as has the EU. Now open your eyes and go work on a prosperous Britain without whining (if you do, the Scots may want to remain in Britain). Or watch as Great Britain will fade away in history. It's your choice.

This.

Maybe the Exit vote, which was democratically chosen, has a lot to do with the EU failing to earning trust and respect from the people of the countries that compose it.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Not happy.

One thing is for sure something this important should never have been put to the British public I know that without a doubt.

With Scotland likely to leave and Northern Ireland considering not going to much left of so called Great Britain.

Then again seeing the amount of insults about other parts of the country and Europe I'm reading I doubt some of you really give that much of a shit about it anyway.

Little old insular England and Wales of course.

Yes, quite right. Fancy letting those scummy working class English people have a say. They should never have been trusted to do what the politicians, and their Big Business paymasters,, told them to do

And that Corbyn fellow is useless. He totally failed to ensure his Labour supporters voted the way they were told. How can anyone have confidence in a leader of a political party whi cannot control his supporters
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 11,119
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    This is not a topic for this thread the poor woman was murdered by a nutter
    Out of respect for her and her husband and young family not to mention friends and loved ones
    Leave this and move on Thankyou .

Fair enough Mr C.

I was just about to wade in there but your voice of sound reason is the best course of action here.

@Gustav you need to wind it in a bit mate. First 9/11 and now this. You really aren't doing yourself or your 'cause' any favours at all.

The poor man was murdered by a 'nutter' who had fascist sympathies. Yes, you have to be crazy to kill someone. That goes for EVERYONE who kills. But the man did shout 'Britain First'. I find it rather pathetic that we simple....erase that fact from our collective minds. Shameful really.
    Out of respect for her and her husband and young family not to mention friends and loved ones

Fair enough Mr C.

I was just about to wade in there but your voice of sound reason is the best course of action here.

@Gustav you need to wind it in a bit mate. First 9/11 and now this. You really aren't doing yourself or your 'cause' any favours at all.

The poor man was murdered by a 'nutter' who had fascist sympathies. Yes, you have to be crazy to kill someone. That goes for EVERYONE who kills. But the man did shout 'Britain First'. I find it rather pathetic that we simple....erase that fact from our collective minds. Shameful really.

I agree. Those on here who claim there is no connection are wrong.

Mad or not, the man was motivated by forces or hatred stoked by this leave campaign.

What you fail to acknowledge is simply that you guys haven't won by a large margin. You barely took victory by a bit more than half. Meaning you take half the country hostage on your journey down Mosley's memory lane. And judging by the vile comments of some Bratzis I can perfectly understand why the other half of the country doesn't want to indulge you in toeing your party line. As a jock I wasn't surprised at all, I expected no different from my so-called English brethren. But you will find it's a great deal more difficult to make good on the promises of Murdoch's Sturmer press and Toady's campaign. I don't give much of a sh** if you guys want to cut off your noses. Come and try to make me. :D

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Getafix wrote: »

Fair enough Mr C.

Mad or not, the man was motivated by forces or hatred stoked by this leave campaign.

The leave campaign was lead by hatred, but the Remain campaign was lead by fear. Either way you look at it, the entire campaign was a big piece of sh*t, by both sides.
    I doubt we could find your nose, as it's so far up your a*se ! :))
    and Once again Getafix, the guy was mentally ill, and had threatened
    Mrs Cox before, the police new about it, and he didn't shout "Britain first".
    This is all infomation from the Police. Although as always.....
    " Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story " :))
    edited June 2016 Posts: 299
    Getafix wrote: »

Fair enough Mr C.

And not just that. If he wasn't otherwise occupied by now he'd no doubt celebrate Britain's awakening with his chums around here. And they wouldn't be in the least bothered, would they?

For the record, any bloody Nazi is an enemy of mine. And of every decent character, be they Britons, Europeans or any other nationality. If you even dare arguing that you need not expect any sympathy from me.
    =)) you are a very angry individual, I hope you're taking your medication.
    But it must be hard typing with a pencil held in the mouth, as the jacket
    your wearing is strapped up the back ! :))
  • Typical remain voter, full of bile and hatred :)) hey lighten up dude. You can always
    Emigrate, to the EU or The Magical Kingdom, as you guys seem to think of it. ;)

Some where over the rainbow, way up high............ :D
This discussion has been closed.