The June 2016 UK Referendum on EU Membership: [UPDATE] What kind of BREXIT do YOU want?

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    RC7 wrote: »
    It happened. We have to move on. No point wanking on about the negatives. Shit happens and as Brits we're usually pretty good at sorting our own shit out.

Absobloodyexactly.

This was an interesting diversion for the rest days but let's not lose too much sleep over it.

The proper serious business in Europe resumes tomorrow at 14.00 with Switz v Pol.

With of course Switzerland will win :))
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote: »
    It happened. We have to move on. No point wanking on about the negatives. Shit happens and as Brits we're usually pretty good at sorting our own shit out.

Absobloodyexactly.

This was an interesting diversion for the rest days but let's not lose too much sleep over it.

The proper serious business in Europe resumes tomorrow at 14.00 with Switz v Pol.

With of course Switzerland will win :))

I'd rather not as I've got tickets for tomorrow and the QF and, no offence, but Switz are a dull, workmanlike team and I really don't want to have to watch them twice!
    Okay, for now, I join the chill-out movement for a moment. BUT JUST FOR A SHORT MOMENT :!! !!!

With this lovely track:
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    I just wish the people who don't like the outcome of this vote would respect that it was a democratic vote.
    Deal with it, accept it and stop moaning around. Help to make England a strong independent country that can have good relationships with the EU. Other countries in Europe can too.

It's not Doomsday. It's a new start and opportunity.

The downright negativity on the side of those who voted for Remain is troubling. And it shows how people cannot accept a vote if it is not after their own taste.
    That is the real danger, and not one country leaving the EU.

Hear, hear!

I get tired of the argument that so called babyboomers today ruined the future of young people. I'm 23 years old, I would have voted leave, I wan't The Netherlands to leave.
    The EU does not work, drastic reform simply won't happen.

And to clear I'm not saying we, the European countries, shouldn't work together, quite the contrary. But not by a vague, bureaucratic and immensely costly EU.

What the majority of the Brits today took guts. I applaud them for it. I believe the U.K. will come out stronger.

Jeffrey wrote: »
    I just wish the people who don't like the outcome of this vote would respect that it was a democratic vote.
    Deal with it, accept it and stop moaning around. Help to make England a strong independent country that can have good relationships with the EU. Other countries in Europe can too.

The downright negativity on the side of those who voted for Remain is troubling. And it shows how people cannot accept a vote if it is not after their own taste.

Hear, hear!

I get tired of the argument that so called babyboomers today ruined the future of young people. I'm 23 years old, I would have voted leave, I wan't The Netherlands to leave.

And to clear I'm not saying we, the European countries, shouldn't work together, quite the contrary. But not by a vague, bureaucratic and immensely costly EU.

What the majority of the Brits today took guts. I applaud them for it. I believe the U.K. will come out stronger.

Nou ja. We zullen zien kerel. Wat de toekomst ons brengt. Maar om nu te zeggen dat het een zekerheid is dat het VK sterker uit de EU komt....is nog veel te vroeg.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Nou ja. Keine posten weil gedrankt.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Godzijdank voor Google Translat .
    bondjames wrote: »
    Godzijdank voor Google Translat .

Dutch through Google Translate is asking for a nuclear war.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands

Hear, hear!

Nou ja. We zullen zien kerel. Wat de toekomst ons brengt. Maar om nu te zeggen dat het een zekerheid is dat het VK sterker uit de EU komt....is nog veel te vroeg.

Een zekerheid is het inderdaad niet, maar ik geloof het wel. Ben het wel met je eens wat betreft Google Translate ;-)
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Ee havunt ein fook vat yoo ar sayin.
    Still, my stomach is still turning. I feel sick, gutted, sad :-(.

Hear, hear!

But then again a whole nation within the UK voted for remain, and they feel cheated because they were promised that with them staying they would remain in the EU and if they voted for independence their entry would be blocked by the rest of the UK. So yeah I would feel cheated too finding out that a wee bit later the voters mainly in UK did vote for Brexit.
    Scotland and the Northern Isles did vote overwhelmingly for remain so I figure that they should get the chance to leave the EU and now apply for EU membership. With their current position they are in essence a member of the EU so I wonder how much red tape will actually be needed to take up a solo Scotland in the EU. I wager a lot less now that the UK is on its way out and does not have say anymore.

Funny thing is that participating in the common marketplace the Uk will still have to obey the EU rules only with no say in the matter when it comes to European laws.

Today's victory for democracy does seem like a similar referendum in the Netherlands more about different issues and a payback against a certain political elite than actually the real issue namely the EU.
    The remain camp had real issues too and they have been called sore losers, while last night when it looked different the leave camp was already issuing reasons why they would lose. This was a very close call in the UK and both the brexiters and the remain camp will have to make it work. And maybe that will mean the end of another union namely the UK. But that will be another democratic choice that is already being criticized by the remain camp. When it is clearly in the voting that Scotland did not want to leave the EU. So what is democratic about ignoring or criticizing the democratic right to vote for independence and choosing for what you believe is right for your country.

And a Nexit is economical suicide for a trading country like the EU, especially as we are part of the Euro nations and there is no financial gain only severe economical hardship trading this coin as a single country. The studies that were done by PVV do prove that if only they were not ignoring the result as it does not fit their political populist views.

• edited June 2016 Posts: 7,653
    the nationalistic views did win today, looking back in the near past those feelings did do a bloody lot of damage to nations and people. So I am not too happy with this win.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I don't know ...long years ahead.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    the nationalistic views did win today, looking back in the near past those feelings did do a bloody lot of damage to nations and people. So I am not too happy with this win.

Agreed.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 75
    Getafix wrote: »

It's ironic that the older generation who have voted us out of the EU in the UK are the generation who've amassed huge wealth in property and generally speaking done so well during 40 years of EU membership. Meanwhile, the younger generation, who voted to stay in, are the ones struggling to pay for housing and obviously most worried about what the future holds. The voting patterns are so weird. And the implications for Britain's young people are arguably not that great. Hopefully things will work out okay.

I also find it ironic that so many celebs who are millionaires, practically live abroad, and never have to worry about jobs or their future spoke out to stay in
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I too fear for EU without the sensible British to keep the rest of you in line. :)>-
    WW3 can only be months away, :P
    I too fear for EU without the sensible British to keep the rest of you in line. :)>-
    WW3 can only be months away, :P

Those sensible Brits have followed the US into any recent war without as much as serious question about the consequences. That sensibility will not be missed.

• edited June 2016 Posts: 11,119
    Bank JP Morgan and Japanese car manufacturer Nissan are considering relocating their financial and production facilities to the mainland Europe:

http://www.autoweek.nl/nieuws/brexit-geeft-grote-onzekerheid-voor-auto-industrie/

I have to say one thing though. Boris Johnson and David Cameron need to understand that, for the sake of economic stability, 4 months of waiting before a cecession letter arrives in Brussels is the least thing the economy needs now.

And in all honesty, I am now speaking as a defender of Dutch economics: We have to urge London to hand over that cecession letter within the month. Otherwise the exit-negotiations can become a nasty affair.

Secondly, I do think that, because of the very positive taxation culture in The Netherlands, the Dutch government and Dutch enterprises need to do whatever is possible to 'steal' (read: Welcome) the big banks from the London City into Amsterdam.
    You're going very much against the EU supporter's here.who have
    said they fear for WW3 and the rise of the far right without us ? :D
    Talking of Wars, I see Blair already criticizing last nights events. I would be in hiding if I was him
    Oh ! Well it must be terrible if the Prince of Darkness, doesn't like it. :))
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    kultschar wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »

It's ironic that the older generation who have voted us out of the EU in the UK are the generation who've amassed huge wealth in property and generally speaking done so well during 40 years of EU membership. Meanwhile, the younger generation, who voted to stay in, are the ones struggling to pay for housing and obviously most worried about what the future holds. The voting patterns are so weird. And the implications for Britain's young people are arguably not that great. Hopefully things will work out okay.

I also find it ironic that so many celebs who are millionaires, practically live abroad, and never have to worry about jobs or their future spoke out to stay in

Indeed. Surprised Sean didn't chip in - 'Yeah I know I haven't paid UK tax since the 70s but I really think you should all vote remain because I'm worried about the impact it might have on Marbella green fees.'
    I also think Geldolf might have influenced people to leave after his disgraceful hijack of the British Fishermens peaceful demo
    That really was terrible, even the remain campaign was embarrassed by it. :(
    Yet we forget that last week a British MP was killed.....
    You might have forgotten, in Britain there have been several events and at
    the count there was a minutes silence !
    Are you another somehow trying go connect her terrible killing to the referendum ?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Yet we forget that last week a British MP was killed.....

Are we being preached to at? I don't think anyone in Britain has forgotten, but, and I know how this will sound, life does go on for those who didn't know her socially or personally.
    You might have forgotten, in Britain there have been several events and at
    the count there was a minutes silence !
    Are you another somehow trying go connect her terrible killing to the referendum ?

Ehhhh........in case you didn't know. Jo Cox wasn't killed by a nice guy...or a EU-loving woman.
    She was killed by a guy with mental problems,. Unless you know differently.
    In which case please pass on your infomation to the police.
This discussion has been closed.