The June 2016 UK Referendum on EU Membership: [UPDATE] What kind of BREXIT do YOU want?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It will be fun after the vote seeing all these politicians who have been the best of
    Mates for weeks, turn on each other as normal politics kicks back in. :)) As a few
    Things have been said that, I think won't be forgotten, ....... and revenge is best served
    Cold ! :D
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    The EU isn't helping out, restarting negotiations for Turkey's EU membership the 30th...

• Just a thought, but if you look at those pushing the remain vote are on the whole big business or the mega rich, agenda?, keep pay low, skilled people working for minimum wage means more profits! >:P
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Vote LEAVE. Take back parliamentary sovereignty for the United Kingdom. Don't listen to the naysayers who doubt our future and forget our past.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I vote leave.

Leave-1
    I vote leave.

Leave-1

Sadly, friend, it won't have much effect in Norway. Thanks anyway! :D
    I vote early, .................... and Often ! :D
    I want us to leave as well.
    I want us to leave as well.

You're not in the EU?!
    We are closet members.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Stuck in France following England's travails but Mrs Wizard has strict instructions to vote the right way by proxy.

And she's so virulently pro Brexit even if I had told her to vote in she'd probably commit some sort of electoral perjury and vote out anyway.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 17,936
    Just voted LEAVE at my polling station. That's two less to the Eurocrats (including my Mum's vote).
    I vote early, .................... and Often ! :D

A real Northern Ireland tradition! :))
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Just come back from voting the staff at the poling station tell me that it's been very busy all day and they expect a turnout at about eighty percent .
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I just got home from voting, I voted LEAVE.
    So that's Draggers, MajorDSmythe and Wizard confirmed.

So far MI6 members:

Leave = 3
    Remain = 0
    I too voted to leave :-bd
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Remain

*ducks from tomatoes being hurled*
    Leave = 4
    Remain = 1
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Remain +1 as I forgot to say earlier .
    Me and Mrs Getafix voted Remain
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Remain
  • RC7RC7
    Not a decision I really wanted to make, either way, but I went Remain. In a broader sense the thought of Boris as PM is too much for me and on a purely selfish level I don't want to risk any dip in the housing market. I think there needs to be a serious discussion post referendum, whatever the outcome. It has been a largely grotesque, partisan squabble.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 12,837
    Been staying out of this thread because I made a conscious decision to try and avoid political topics on here after getting into an argument with a member some time ago, but I voted remain.

So that's 4 for leave, 6 for remain.
    Mrs Jaws and I sent off our postal votes for remain a couple of weeks ago. Currently in Greece enjoying all the benefits of free movement and cheap flights into the EU.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Here's hoping that this thread's current tally reflects the national vote.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-560614/The-1688-invasion-Britain-thats-erased-history.html
    An historical event, that basically strengthened the cultural ties between The United Kingdom and The Netherlands in the long-term. Later, it resulted in very close trade relationships. Just think of the Anglo-Dutch companies like Shell and Unilever.

Therefore, dear Brits, do not drag down The Netherlands into economic and financial misery. Think across borders. A 'Remain' vote is also a vote to maintain the extensive cultural, financial and economic ties between The United Kingdom and The Netherlands. 'Remain' dear Brits!!

Kew-Palace-2156.jpg
    The 'Dutch' Royal Palace at Kew Gardens, London, United Kingdom
    RC7 wrote: »
    Not a decision I really wanted to make, either way, but I went Remain. In a broader sense the thought of Boris as PM is too much for me and on a purely selfish level I don't want to risk any dip in the housing market. I think there needs to be a serious discussion post referendum, whatever the outcome. It has been a largely grotesque, partisan squabble.

>:D<

We sometimes agree. And I think those are usually important things.
    I imagine remain will win but as one commentator said last night something will have to change because the fact that we've even come so close has scared the shit out of the EU suits.

I wouldn't be devastated with that outcome as I've always said I'd prefer a third option - remain but with serious reform.

Can Cameron survive? Debatable as he's made an absolute shambles of the campaign and it's clear the vast majority consider his much trumpeted 'renogtiated deal' the equivalent of Neville Chamberlain's piece of paper.

I imagine remain will win but as one commentator said last night something will have to change because the fact that we've even come so close has scared the shit out of the EU suits.

I wouldn't be devastated with that outcome as I've always said I'd prefer a third option - remain but with serious reform.

Can Cameron survive? Debatable as he's made an absolute shambles of the campaign and it's clear the vast majority consider his much trumpeted 'renogtiated deal' the equivalent of Neville Chamberlain's piece of paper.

It's already happening @TheWizardOfIce. And I think that's something both the "Remain" and "Leave" camp agree on. I think....I have always thought....that this referendum would become an historic moment. The referendum should never have happened in the first place, but I do have to say something positive about my dear Brits: You really shake things up in Europe, in Brussels, in Strassbourg. And perhaps in a good way. Just read this:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-merkel-idUSKCN0Z91BT
This discussion has been closed.