"Gore" in Bond films (blood, saliva, intestines, all you can think of!!)

13»

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Birdleson wrote: »
    A little bit of trivia on a bit of gore that was almost in SPECTRE. Originally in the script Sciarra was to die after falling through the blades of the helicopter as it was flying upside down. Would have been interesting and satisfying to see. Also could have been a nice throwback to OHMSS and LTK. I found what we got in the final film to be a little bland in comparison.

Tha's SPECTRE!

Overall I would have to agree, which is a shame because the film had a lot of potential based off some of the leaked stuff in the scripts but they never really did get things to work quite right, especially the third act. I wish the film had just a little bit more guts, if you know what I mean. The base escape is probably one of the laziest action scenes in the whole franchise. It's like the film briefly turns into a fps game.

They had several interesting ideas in the various scripts about how Bond and Madeleine and in some drafts Bond and Q set about to destroy the facility and even a classic deathtrap with the Solar Furnace idea to burn Bond to death and then having them later repositioning the furnace mirrors to overheat the facility's cooling systems and in another version Q helped Bond from his apartment to hack into and sabotage the bases's systems but in the end they kind of just cheated and got rid of the solar furnace and a dinner scene and instead had a generic torture scene with a few lines from Colonel Sun and the whole place just blows up after shooting a couple of tanks.

The pacing and staging of the finale in London was also very different from how it read in the script. There was less involvement from the rest of the MI6 crew and it also felt a bit more tense when read on the page than how it turned out in the film. Yes, bland indeed. Such a shame really.

Sorry for getting OT, but how many scripts were there?
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 48
    Birdleson wrote: »
    A little bit of trivia on a bit of gore that was almost in SPECTRE. Originally in the script Sciarra was to die after falling through the blades of the helicopter as it was flying upside down. Would have been interesting and satisfying to see. Also could have been a nice throwback to OHMSS and LTK. I found what we got in the final film to be a little bland in comparison.

Tha's SPECTRE!

Overall I would have to agree, which is a shame because the film had a lot of potential based off some of the leaked stuff in the scripts but they never really did get things to work quite right, especially the third act. I wish the film had just a little bit more guts, if you know what I mean. The base escape is probably one of the laziest action scenes in the whole franchise. It's like the film briefly turns into a fps game.

They had several interesting ideas in the various scripts about how Bond and Madeleine and in some drafts Bond and Q set about to destroy the facility and even a classic deathtrap with the Solar Furnace idea to burn Bond to death and then having them later repositioning the furnace mirrors to overheat the facility's cooling systems and in another version Q helped Bond from his apartment to hack into and sabotage the bases's systems but in the end they kind of just cheated and got rid of the solar furnace and a dinner scene and instead had a generic torture scene with a few lines from Colonel Sun and the whole place just blows up after shooting a couple of tanks.

The pacing and staging of the finale in London was also very different from how it read in the script. There was less involvement from the rest of the MI6 crew and it also felt a bit more tense when read on the page than how it turned out in the film. Yes, bland indeed. Such a shame really.

At least three different drafts leaked, although only two are somewhat easy to track down. I know there was an Oct 8th script, Oct 17th, and the final Dec 1st draft. Also there was a continuity breakdown that listed all the scenes and with brief descriptions also from around Dec 1. That is still up on reddit I believe. There were also a lot of production notes that made note of various minor changes between the drafts and gives some idea of what even earlier drafts including Logans, which never leaked included such as making Blofeld an african warlord in one draft and a woman in another. There was some sort of set piece that took place in an abandoned mine, and even some talk of a possible third act plot which involved a dirty bomb on a barge to attack some sort of NATO summit.

Bringing it back on topic in all three leaked drafts Sciarra EDIT:( in the Oct 8th draft Bond shot Sciarra between the eyes but an unnamed goon instead gets the fate) was to die gruesomely in the helicopters blades and Hinx was supposed to be sucked under the wheels of the train. The Oct 17th script is pretty dark with allusions to Blofeld being a cannibal during his time in the Foreign legion alongside White, and then there was also an added scene during the Rome meeting where Blofeld empties a bucket full of human eyeballs on to the table. Also pretty disturbing was Blofeld describing the slow painful death Bond would suffer in the solar furnace, which was actually more of a large solar oven in Oct 17th draft. He says some like he'll be "cooked slowly and the meat will fall nicely off the bones", makes me wonder if that Blofeld, who was given the cover name of Heinrich Stockmann in that draft, was planing on eating Bond also.

Really creepy how it read. The Oct 8th version of the Solar Furnace scene was a little different with Blofeld saying it would be a fast but painful as Bond is completely burned up by the power of the sun, which is more realistic for an actual solar furnace. I've seen videos of solar furnaces melting rock and metal in seconds like it was butter. There was also a draft of the script where at the Rome meeting Blofeld is first seen with his face covered in bandages, possibly from plastic surgery? It's interesting to see all these little ideas that they came up with. I hope some of the unused stuff finds it's way back into films in one form or another.
  • Birdleson wrote: »

Tha's SPECTRE!

At least three different drafts leaked, although only two are somewhat easy to track down. I know there was an Oct 8th script, Oct 17th, and the final Dec 1st draft. Also there was a continuity breakdown that listed all the scenes and with brief descriptions also from around Dec 1. That is still up on reddit I believe. There were also a lot of production notes that made note of various minor changes between the drafts and gives some idea of what even earlier drafts including Logans, which never leaked included such as making Blofeld an african warlord in one draft and a woman in another. There was some sort of set piece that took place in an abandoned mine, and even some talk of a possible third act plot which involved a dirty bomb on a barge to attack some sort of NATO summit.

Bringing it back on topic in all three leaked drafts Sciarra EDIT:( in the Oct 8th draft Bond shot Sciarra between the eyes but an unnamed goon instead gets the fate) was to die gruesomely in the helicopters blades and Hinx was supposed to be sucked under the wheels of the train. The Oct 17th script is pretty dark with allusions to Blofeld being a cannibal during his time in the Foreign legion alongside White, and then there was also an added scene during the Rome meeting where Blofeld empties a bucket full of human eyeballs on to the table. Also pretty disturbing was Blofeld describing the slow painful death Bond would suffer in the solar furnace, which was actually more of a large solar oven in Oct 17th draft. He says some like he'll be "cooked slowly and the meat will fall nicely off the bones", makes me wonder if that Blofeld, who was given the cover name of Heinrich Stockmann in that draft, was planing on eating Bond also.

Really creepy how it read. The Oct 8th version of the Solar Furnace scene was a little different with Blofeld saying it would be a fast but painful as Bond is completely burned up by the power of the sun, which is more realistic for an actual solar furnace. I've seen videos of solar furnaces melting rock and metal in seconds like it was butter. There was also a draft of the script where at the Rome meeting Blofeld is first seen with his face covered in bandages, possibly from plastic surgery? It's interesting to see all these little ideas that they came up with. I hope some of the unused stuff finds it's way back into films in one form or another.

Interesting to say the least, but I am not sure people would have reacted kindly to Blofeld being a cannibal...