Thoughts on Fiennes character, other than Ernst?

Comments

The Wink Means "Sarcastically"

(BUT I HOPE I'm RIGHT!!!!)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'll be satisfied either way.

About Blofeld minus the cat: We've seen him use ferocious animals like piranhas to dispatch incompetent henchmen, but how about if new Blofeld had a white tiger as a pet instead of the domestic cat. I think that would be interesting. Tarantulas, sharks, piranhas, crocodiles, snakes, tigers- I'm sure there's more.

I say bring back the animal threats to Bond films. Maybe that could be a new thread, if it's not already.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    If and that's a huge emphasis on the word, if here; if RF did turn out to be Blofeld, him having a pet snake would be fantastic. A nice nod to the Voldermort character.
    QBranch wrote:
    ...but how about if new Blofeld had a white tiger as a pet instead of the domestic cat...

And a fabulous partner called Roy!

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2011 Posts: 4,399
    ..Guessing which actually has a base of truth. I mean, who is doing the fact research in here. Look at the quotes.

what truth??... your truth, as only the way you see it - or are you talking about reality?... The only truth you've surmised is that your very astute at cherry picking little bits and pieces of an off the cuff remark - and passing it off as gospel, that there's no way it could not be true..... while you might be trying to "have some fun" as you say - your constant persistence to hear no one's argument when it contradicts your opinion is what gets a couple of us here annoyed... and let's be blunt shall we... thats all you have right now is a handful of opinions and barely educated guesses - and thats fine - must of us here do, as well do I... but i realize and will openly admit that they are complete guesses and shots in the dark - but you, god - your worse than a tabloid journalist.... you rearrange statements like a Scrabble puzzle to fit your ideas, and then all of sudden, it becomes "based in fact".... sure ;-)

if you believe Blofeld is coming back - or you want him to comeback - or you get wet dreams thinking about that bald head and white cat in SKYFALL, by all means - scream your case to the heavens.... but don't patronize our intelligence, and false prophesize a couple quip remarks as fact and truth.

and i remember your argument made about SONY and their Bond rights - which - they have none... they were only in deals with McClory to finance and distribute (what was at the time WAR HEAD 2001 AD).. but MGM filed an injucture, - MGM and Sony secretly struck a deal, and SONY backed out on McClory (its and old article, but here you go, gives you everything you need to know http://www.universalexports.net/00Sony2.shtml)
    ..QUANTUM could return.
    you're right, they will - in Bond 24 perhaps, but not in SKYFALL - hasn't this matter already been laid to bed, killed, and then laid to rest by Michael, Barbara, Craig and Mendes?... when asked, does this film have any connection to CR or QOS, and when they reply with "no. it's it's own thing." - doesn't that say all you need to hear?.. remember how Goldfinger was separate from Dr. No and From Russia With Love?.. same difference here... QUANTUM is on hiatus until Bond 24, mark my words.... usually when the producers, Bond actor, and director are absolute on statement like the one above - it tends to be 100% accurate.... they've even gone so far as to say in past interviews "That QUANTUM will NOT be a part of Bond 23 (Skyfall)".... but yet, people still want to beat a dead horse over this issue

so what that says to me.. is that No Quantum, No head of quantum, no Mr White.. no to anything related to Quantum in the previous 2 films.. not even cameos to setup future Quantum villains.
    Please show a bit more cheerful attitude in here, instead of all this 'fact stamping'. You make it boring in here.

We will, as soon as you acknowledge the fact that your basing nothing in "truth" and "facts"... and it's all your opinion.... thats all you got to do man - just say it's your opinion... because speaking very dismissively to myself and some others the way you do, especially when the only shred of evidence to prove your case, is words you've already warped and twisted around - well... it makes you look like an idiot.. who can't separate personal opinion from reality and fact.

• HASEROT wrote:
    ..Guessing which actually has a base of truth. I mean, who is doing the fact research in here. Look at the quotes.

what truth??... your truth, as only the way you see it - or are you talking about reality?... The only truth you've surmised is that your very astute at cherry picking little bits and pieces of an off the cuff remark - and passing it off as gospel, that there's no way it could not be true..... while you might be trying to "have some fun" as you say - your constant persistence to hear no one's argument when it contradicts your opinion is what gets a couple of us here annoyed... and let's be blunt shall we... thats all you have right now is a handful of opinions and barely educated guesses - and thats fine - must of us here do, as well do I... but i realize and will openly admit that they are complete guesses and shots in the dark - but you, god - your worse than a tabloid journalist.... you rearrange statements like a Scrabble puzzle to fit your ideas, and then all of sudden, it becomes "based in fact".... sure ;-)

if you believe Blofeld is coming back - or you want him to comeback - or you get wet dreams thinking about that bald head and white cat in SKYFALL, by all means - scream your case to the heavens.... but don't patronize our intelligence, and false prophesize a couple quip remarks as fact and truth.

and i remember your argument made about SONY and their Bond rights - which - they have none... they were only in deals with McClory to finance and distribute (what was at the time WAR HEAD 2001 AD).. but MGM filed an injucture, - MGM and Sony secretly struck a deal, and SONY backed out on McClory (its and old article, but here you go, gives you everything you need to know http://www.universalexports.net/00Sony2.shtml)
    ..QUANTUM could return.
    you're right, they will - in Bond 24 perhaps, but not in SKYFALL - hasn't this matter already been laid to bed, killed, and then laid to rest by Michael, Barbara, Craig and Mendes?... when asked, does this film have any connection to CR or QOS, and when they reply with "no. it's it's own thing." - doesn't that say all you need to hear?.. remember how Goldfinger was separate from Dr. No and From Russia With Love?.. same difference here... QUANTUM is on hiatus until Bond 24, mark my words.... usually when the producers, Bond actor, and director are absolute on statement like the one above - it tends to be 100% accurate..
    Please show a bit more cheerful attitude in here, instead of all this 'fact stamping'. You make it boring in here.

We will, as soon as you acknowledge the fact that your basing nothing in "truth" and "facts"... and it's all your opinion.... thats all you got to do man - just say it's your opinion... because speaking very dismissively to myself and some others the way you do, especially when the only shred of evidence to prove your case, is words you've already warped and twisted around - well... it makes you look like an idiot.. who can't separate personal opinion from reality and fact.

I have never called you an idiot. No need for that. Also no need to merge yourself in something you are not involved in. And if you feel that I have offended you, then IMO you take things way too personally.

As I said before.....the guessing I made is based on these quotes. Real quotes. Factual quotes. And I specifically said 'a base':
    Can you tell us anything about your role in the "Bond" movie? "I can't, I'm not allowed to, except I've been seduced by ("Skyfall 007" writer) John Logan and (director) Sam Mendes into a very interesting little cameo."
    WhatCulture! attended a BAFTA screenwriters Q&A session with John Logan where an audience member reminded Logan of something he’d said nearly ten years ago on the subject of Bond: “Bond should always fight Blofeld.” When pressed on the issue, Logan repeated the sentiment with a wry smile on his face: “Bond should always fight Blofeld!
    Daniel Craig: "Early on, we sat down and we just rabbited for hours about “Live and Let Die” and “From Russia With Love”, and talked about little scenes that we knew from them. That’s how we started talking about it. That’s what we have tried to instil this in the script."

If you read my posts carefully, you will find out I have NEVER stated that it is a fact that 'Blofeld' and 'SPECTRE' will return. Never. Period. I am just guessing.

And if you think I write my posts in such a way that they appear factual, like I am some kind of Blofeld myself. Well, I can't help that. I really like to read your posts Haserot :-). Really, I do. But I am who I am: A blunt Dutchman ;-). Get a bit used to it. 'Doubleoego' can confirm that I am not that bad :-).

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I do read your posts sir, and very carefully.. it's not what you write, it's what you don't write... every time you make those posts, you inferring the obvious, which because Fiennes can't speak about his role, and because Logan responded to a fanboy question, and because Craig mentioned FRWL and TB and on and on... you are obviously indirectly referring to your assumption that Blofeld is returning - without saying it... you are trying to connect dots to something that is pure fanboy wishful thinking at best

Those are real quotes.. but they pertain absolutely nothing that says Blofeld or SPECTRE are returning.... if thats what you assume, then thats one thing - but to case those as ground for "fact"... well, your wrong... but thats your own personal delusion, to which no amount of evidence to prove the contrary will quell..
    As I said before.....the guessing I made is based on these quotes. Real quotes. <b>Factual quotes.</b> And I specifically said 'a base':

- - -

And if you think I write my posts in such a way that they appear factual, like I am some kind of Blofeld myself. Well, I can't help that.

isn't that a bit contradictory?... if they are indeed factual quotes, wouldn't you be basing your opinion, and what you write on as fact?..

how many times have we read reports about false Bond titles - come on, Risico, The Property Of A Lady (who many assumed was a shoe in)... i remember a quote in which Wilson said his favorite title is actually "The Hildebrand Rarity" - and there was many a topic or subject dedicated to the possibility of that being the title of Bond 23 (some time ago) - no more amount of truth lies in what Wilson said in connection to the Bond 23 title, as to anything else those quotes you posted above suggest.
  • RC7RC7
    This may or may not have been discussed here or elsewhere already but... am I right in thinking there was quote from Fiennes very soon after the launch that implied he couldn't say anything about his role as Bond fans would know who he was playing?
    yes... but that could mean a variety of characters...

everyone from Miles Messervy (M) to Blofeld...

hell... he could even be Sir Frederick Gray for all we know.
  • HASEROT wrote:
    yes... but that could mean a variety of characters...

everyone from Miles Messervy (M) to Blofeld...

hell... he could even be Sir Frederick Gray for all we know.

For fun haserot: Wanna place a bet with me on Blofeld's return :P?
    HASEROT wrote:
    Those are real quotes.. but they pertain absolutely nothing that says Blofeld or SPECTRE are returning.... if thats what you assume, then thats one thing - but to case those as ground for "fact"... well, your wrong... but thats your own personal delusion, to which no amount of evidence to prove the contrary will quell..

Exactly! Partially it's a lot of fanboy wishful thinking! You got it Haserot ;-)! Now back to those quotes i gave. I agree, no FACTS can be derived out of that. But the actual CHANCE that 'Blofeld' COULD return has grown. That's all I can say. And that growing CHANCE is the thing that makes me a wishful thinking fanboy. And I LOVE it ;)!!

To talking about being a wishful fanboy. What wish do you have with regard to Ralph Fiennes character. Who do you like him to play? An uncredited Nr. 1 of QUANTUM? Or just a member of MI6? I am curious.

PS; This is a forum full of fans no? Or are we actually working on the team of 'Skyfall' :-)?

No.... because in the end, what is there to gain?
    To talking about being a wishful fanboy. What wish do you have with regard to Ralph Fiennes character. Who do you like him to play? An uncredited Nr. 1 of QUANTUM? Or just a member of MI6? I am curious.

I've already made my personal opinion known.

• HASEROT wrote:

No.... because in the end, what is there to gain?

I've already made my personal opinion known.

I forgot. But well, it'll come up again soon Haserot ;-).
    Blofeld....actually to tell you the truth the idea of him being in the film as soured...curdled and has grown mold, just say NO!
  • I've two concepts: R. Vallance or next "M".
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 4,622
    RC7 wrote:
    This may or may not have been discussed here or elsewhere already but... am I right in thinking there was quote from Fiennes very soon after the launch that implied he couldn't say anything about his role as Bond fans would know who he was playing?
    This is interesting. It does hold out Blofeld hope but its hardly conclusive, ...but I think it does suggest Fiennes is playing a recognizable character and by that I mean a quite recognizable character, as opposed to a Frederick Gray who was hardly a memorable character. M and Blofeld fit the mold. I am at a loss to think of anyone else. I am at a loss to think of anyone else that Fiennes would be so quick to consider as readily recognizable. Hmmm.
    Mind you there is also the possibility that Fiennes, not being a Bond-phile, might not realize that characters such as Vallance or Frederick Gray, aren't quite as readily recognizable as he thinks they might be. Personally, even though I'm a Bond-phile, I don't spend much time reflecting on either character, but Fiennes wouldn't know that.
    Also Fiennes coy dismissal of the, "are you playing Blofeld question" with his " well I'm not playing a man with a cat" answer" or words to that effect, could simply mean he flat out answered that he was not playing Blofeld or it could mean that he simply found a way to not lie. In otherwords, his Blofeld doesn't have a cat. hmmm.
    Fiennes as Blofeld is still a possibility. There is only circumstantial evidence, if that, but it does at least hold out the possibility.
    I think if Fiennes is playing Blofeld, the character's true identity will be part of a major reveal, later in the film. It could be a Blofeld origins story for the new timeline. It also allows that Fiennes doesn't have to come back either, because as we've seen, Eon did switch up the Blofeld actor in the past. This might explain Fiennes description of the character as a cameo. Cameo suggesting possibly, that Fiennes considers his role as a one-off.
    Logan's remark is also rather cryptic about how Bond should always be fighting Blofeld. hmmm. There is smoke here, but I'm still not betting on a fire. Fiennes could very well still be the new M, succeeding Dench. That possibility is quite real as well.
    If the character is so readily recognizable though, I just can't think of who he might be referring to other than Ernst or M. :-?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    RC7 wrote:

I don't recall him saying anything like that- however I could have missed it. Is it possible that you're thinking of the press conference, where one of the reporters asked Mendes if the reason why some character names haven't been revealed is because fans would pick up on it?
  • RC7RC7
    QBranch wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

I don't recall him saying anything like that- however I could have missed it. Is it possible that you're thinking of the press conference, where one of the reporters asked Mendes if the reason why some character names haven't been revealed is because fans would pick up on it?

I honestly can't remember, there's been so much information both correct and incorrect that it's hard to keep tabs on what's factual. I only ask as it is the kind of quote that sticks in my mind and I'm pretty sure I read it (not long after the launch).

• @timmer: I agree with everything you said. And regarding the cat, I think Austin Powers ruined that Blofeld stereotype, so in a serious movie, I doubt it would be included anyway.

@RC7: He quoted "Bond fans would be happy". I think that's what you're thinking of. To me, that would imply a character they'd know.
  • RC7RC7
    jackdagger wrote:
    @RC7: He quoted "Bond fans would be happy". I think that's what you're thinking of. To me, that would imply a character they'd know.

That's the one.

M M M moneypenny? that would be a small role :P
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 4,622
    Fiennes is on Jon Stewart. Disregard. Not a mention of Bond or Skyfall.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 660
    ^
    obvious he wont talk about it......too bad we just need to guess what his character role since Mendes? said "fans will be happy" A character from Fleming someone either done before or never done on screen..hmmm

I think it is not Blofield but someone esle anyone guess? I am thinking ROnnie Vallance that I suggested before so I sticking with this one...who else would Bond fan be happy to see?
  • EmilioEmilio Palmyra, Nassau
    the french site http://commander-james-bond.netne.net/blog/?paged=4 quotes an interview with Ralph Fiennes from http://www.indiewire.com/blogs in which he would have said " (my character in Skyfall)...will not caress a white cat"....
  • Emilio wrote:
    the french site http://commander-james-bond.netne.net/blog/?paged=4 quotes an interview with Ralph Fiennes from http://www.indiewire.com/blogs in which he would have said " (my character in Skyfall)...will not caress a white cat"....

That would be very stupid yes. If a newly revised version of Blofeld would....caress a white cat [-(
  • I hope its a new character. I don't want any remakes, and I don't want to rehash any old villains. It sucks that they didn't give Blofeld a proper send off with a proper movie to follow OHMSS, but I don't want to go back again. Move forward with a new villain. There's still plenty of Fleming material to use before delving back into Blofeld.
    That would be very stupid yes. If a newly revised version of Blofeld would....caress a white cat [-(
    Uh, what are you not getting here? The exact literal translation is awkward, but the intention is pretty plain - Fiennes is not playing Blofeld.
    please no BLOW(leaf)field ever again.
  • News: Fiennes is "allowed" to say something of his role. http://bit.ly/vEXNi1
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    A government agent...

That could mean so many things!
  • a government agent could either be Bond ally or a bad guy who is working for the main villian but really is a good guy actually who gain the trust of the bad guy to get info? Maybe at first the two of them are no friend until Bond finds out he is in fact a good guy and was pretending to get detail on the threat or something like that