The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    007 v Blofeld: Dusk of Injustice.
    And we have a winner! :))
    :-bd
    From an online James Bond Movie title generator!

Tomorrow Is Forever
    The Assassin With The Deadly Whisper
    You Only Fall Once
    You Only Die Tomorrow:
    Solace Is Not Enough
    The Man Who Loved A Diamond
    Solace Lives Twice
    You Only Kill For Love
    You Only Die At Night
    Death Never Dies
  • tanaka123 wrote: »
    From an online James Bond Movie title generator!

Tomorrow Is Forever
    The Assassin With The Deadly Whisper
    You Only Fall Once
    You Only Die Tomorrow:
    Solace Is Not Enough
    The Man Who Loved A Diamond
    Solace Lives Twice
    You Only Kill For Love
    You Only Die At Night
    Death Never Dies

Wow. That 'generator' is just a 'jumbler'. Seriously? Solace Is Not Enough? Gee, I wonder how they got that title. I cringe. So hard. Wonderfully painful find, @tanaka123
    Death Never Dies. If someone were to take a piss at the Bond titles, this would be the ideal one. :))
    There's a plot generator here too

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls077311486/#1
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 1,817
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    There's a plot generator here too

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls077311486/#1

Wow, just did that. Oooh. Painful.

The plot:

"Stop an insane mastermind played by Benedict Cumberbatch who plans to sabotage England with a new hacking software. Bond goes to Greece where he sleeps with (additional possibilities were "seduces" "woos" "beds" and "charms", I mean how redundant can you get?) an attractive female scientist played by Alexandra Breckenridge (I don't know who she is, someone tell me if she is fit for the role moreso than Denise Richards). After a car chase they end up in an underground lair where they are captured and face deadly nanobots. Finally, they blow up the main villain and his henchman, an albino swordmaster."

Film is titled "Silent Protocol" - OK, not bad, but M:I has something to say about that.

"Iconic setpiece" is apparently "stealing the zeppelin".

Directed by Brad Bird.

Opening song by U2 (additional possibilities were far, far worse: Muse, Shakira, Rihanna and Katy Perry for crying out loud, wow)

Well, I suppose it was all just a bit of fun...
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 1,661
    I've suggested this before but what the heck, here it is again:

SHAKEN NOT STIRRED

:)
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    I'll proffer it once more...

"The Coldest Kind Of Man"
    What about The Eye That Never Sleeps? Nope, my suggestion. A friend of mine came up with that, actually. But, it's a decent one, especially when it's a Fleming chapter title.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    KILLED BY DEATH
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Killed by Death? Lol

Doomcrack
    Killed By Death, Forever To Live.

There you go, inspired by Thunder's efforts. What a genius chap. :))
    Beyond the Call of Danger
    A Chance to Die Forever
    In More Ways Than One
    The Man with a Child in his Eyes

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Kate Bush fan?
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    Surely the most recent common title for Bond 25 is...
    The Great Martian War: Apocalypse Now
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Out of the Shadows, Into the Light.
    Murdock wrote: »
    You made Denbigh so proud! :D
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Hearth and Home
    The english of the phrase that appears on Blofeld's coat of arms
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »
    You made Denbigh so proud! :D

In a way it's sort of a play on the theme's of Spectre itself. Spectre is no longer in the shadows since Blofeld is caught and Bond driving off with Madeleine is a meaning for going into the light to enjoy their time together until things come crashing down of course. :)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    BvS
    Bond v Scaramanga: Golden Dawn
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I've suggested this before but what the heck, here it is again:

SHAKEN NOT STIRRED[/i :)

That was actually one of the titles discussed for the next film when we were wrapping up Licence To Kill.

I'm still pushing for

Cicatrice
    The Cicatrice
    Cicatrix
    The Cicatrix

and I'm willing to let Eon use any or all for a modest sum (and a screen credit for me).
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I have an insider source who tells me Bond 25 will be called Come and Dive.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I have an insider source who tells me Bond 25 will be called Come and Dive.
    Wow! So Genuine! :))

I remember how hyped some people were when that thing surfaced a couple of months after the release of Skyfall.
    I can imagine a conclusion, if they brought Mendes and Craig back, akin to the Dark Knight Rises (because why not?), that would end with Blofeld on a self destruct mission in a helicopter (with a bomb strapped on, of course) only to be foiled by Bond who hijacks the helicopter and steers it out toward the water away from London only to result in an explosion where M and Q and MP look on with solemnity as they believe 007 dead. But there are clues left behind that suggest he jumped out at the last second and survived like in the YOLT novel.
    I understand that this is cliche, but maybe they could pull it off in a way that's well done. How it all leads up to that scene, I have no idea? It would need some work and it's very basic. I was just toying with ideas of how Craigs era could actually CONCLUDE, and this one scene came to mind.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Gettler wrote: »
    I can imagine a conclusion, if they brought Mendes and Craig back, akin to the Dark Knight Rises (because why not?), that would end with Blofeld on a self destruct mission in a helicopter (with a bomb strapped on, of course) only to be foiled by Bond who hijacks the helicopter and steers it out toward the water away from London only to result in an explosion where M and Q and MP look on with solemnity as they believe 007 dead. But there are clues left behind that suggest he jumped out at the last second and survived like in the YOLT novel.
    I understand that this is cliche, but maybe they could pull it off in a way that's well done. How it all leads up to that scene, I have no idea? It would need some work and it's very basic. I was just toying with ideas of how Craigs era could actually CONCLUDE, and this one scene came to mind.

I enjoy Mendes as a director but no longer as Bond's director.

And that's just it I don't think he can pull it off well if given the chance.
    Personally I hope he does and hope he would do well, but I understand the criticism behind his directing decisions, as they became questionable after SP, which I still enjoy.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I'm not exactly sure of specific intention of this thread, however it was the first one google threw up so I thought I'd dump some of my thoughts for Bond 25 here:

First off, I think Aidan Turner is the best guy to take over from Craig. I have already gone into why this is hundreds of times, suffice to say he has the right mix of the intensity of Dalton and the cool swagger of early Connery. He is also young and not as overexposed as some other candidates.

OK, so in this hypothetical reality I'm creating, it's late 2017 and Aidan Turner has been announced as the 7th 007. Where do we go from there? Well, naturally the series should return to its routes and reground itself back into reality. At the same time, however, EON should avoid pressing the big red reboot button once again. I think the novelty of rebooting a franchise has worn thin with general audiences since the early 2000's. Now its just seen as a last ditch effort for a studio to respark interest in their ailing intellectual property (see Spider-man/Fantastic Four).

So no drastic reinventions. We have only just arrived at a complete Bond film with SPECTRE, I feel there is a lot there that can be salvaged. I would keep the same MI6 crew, for instance. If there is a weak link its probably Harris, but EON would have a job on its hands recasting her and not recasting M and Q as well. Can you imagine the Salon headlines: " Whitewashing strikes again: only black female Bond character recast, white males keep jobs." No, EON wouldn't do that. It's either keep the unit together, or scrub the lot. I propose the former.

OK, so we've got Turner as Bond and Whishaw, Harris and Fiennes reprising their roles. But what about the story? Well it won't surprise you to learn that in my hypothetical reality P&W are jettisoned from the Bond series forever. I mean, that's a given. But what direction should Bond take next? Well, the Craig era has been all about making Bond more human. Craig's Bond isn't detatched, he forms real connections with the people in his life, and reacts realistically when they are taken from him. Vesper, Mathis, M, he mourns these people. And while increasing the emotional investment of the character is the main strength of the Craig era, it is also therefore it's biggest weakness. With each Craig film, the focus shifted more and more away from Bond's supposed mission, and onto his personal life. By the time we get to SPECTRE, the mission IS his personal life. The actual threat to the public is treated more as a side plot that we check in with every now and again. I think that B25 should definitely become more mission focused, and it needs a plot that can stand up to the bare minimum of scrutiny.

Bond himself should not be overly sympathetic like Craig became. We came to know so much about the Craig Bond that we felt like we knew the guy personally. That's a big mistake, in my opinion. Bond should always have a danger about him, a recklessness. With Craig I feel they went to far in trying to make Bond human that he ended up losing some of his mystique. It's like standing too close to a TV screen, or something. Anyway, Bond should be ambiguous. That's part of the attraction of the character, and why I think Turner is perfect to succeed Craig. You can't help but look at him and feel wary. He exudes pure danger.

This Bond would be very distant, emotionally speaking. He's not a superspy, he does feel the pressure, but he's focused like a bullet on his mission. That's the only thing that matters to him. As this is the case, he's extremely callous and insensitive. All his humour would be very blunt and dark. Infact, if there is one word to describe this Bond it would be menacing. Ofcourse, we should see an actually human being in there, but in fleeting glances only. I don't think we should follow Bond linearly through the story, either. Bond should enter and leave the story where he is needed. Just because he is the protagonist doesn't mean he can't be overused.

So to sum up, keep the MI6 crew as they are, bring back proper standalone missions, and give us a Bond (preferably Turner) who is not inherently sympathetic, but rides the line. I would try and rein in the running time of these films to about 2 hours without credits. I don't think any of the things I have mentioned here is really that much of a stretch. I have tried to be as realistic with my expectations as possible, as well as working in some of my own personal preferences. I know that I am not the only person EON is trying to impress, so the chances of something like this actually happening in 2018 are pretty slim. However, we all felt the same way after DAD came out in 2002. I don't really think they have to be quite as ambitious as they were with CR. Biting of more than you can chew is how a lot of creative projects meet their downfall. Perfection is the enemy of greatness, as they say. I'm pretty sure that, with all the uncertainty flying around these days, greatness will be good enough for most of us.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    This a thread for speculation on the title of Bond 25. However it has wandered off topic somewhat...