The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @Thunderfinger,

THE THINGY OF WHATSIT

:))
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited February 2016 Posts: 1,727
    Risico007 wrote: »
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    NOW THAT THE LOVE IS GONE
    Is foreigner doing the title track ;)

That one was Earth, Farts & Fire.

Which, incidentally, might make an interesting Bond title...
    EVERYTHING EXPLODES EVENTUALLY
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    EVERYTHING EXPLODES EVENTUALLY
    This would definitely be a great Austin Powers film title... or a sub-title. :))
    RISICO

Short sweet and really cool
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    One
    mOre
    7ime
    for Dan
    Personally, I wouldn't want a one-word title again. I think Spectre was enough coming after Skyfall, just as Thunderball fulfilled the note after Goldfinger. Time for a more poetic and dramatic phrase.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Personally, I wouldn't want a one-word title again. I think Spectre was enough coming after Skyfall, just as Thunderball fulfilled the note after Goldfinger. Time for a more poetic and dramatic phrase.

Agree. As odd of a title Quantum of Solace is, it still sounds elegant & poetic especially when spoken.

DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Agree. As odd of a title Quantum of Solace is, it still sounds elegant & poetic especially when spoken.

As insane as it sounds I love the tv spots for Quantum of solace hearing the announcer in his action movie voice say those words just sent chills down my spine...

Personally I think much like Octopussy was designed for Roger Moore basically I really feel The Hildebrand Rarity would be perfect for Craig and Craig alone.

edited February 2016 Posts: 15,423

Thank you! I share the exact sentiment! :D

Risico007 wrote: »

As insane as it sounds I love the tv spots for Quantum of solace hearing the announcer in his action movie voice say those words just sent chills down my spine...

Personally I think much like Octopussy was designed for Roger Moore basically I really feel The Hildebrand Rarity would be perfect for Craig and Craig alone.
    At first, I couldn't really see how The Hildebrand Rarity would be the title due to its Easter Egg cameo in Spectre as the name of the safe house during the climax. But, I can see the name playing a really big role for the next film as it is a safe house for the MI-6 and the company could easily be involved in a serious conspiracy plot which digs deep into the past secrets of the British Intelligence.
    Quantum of Solace was great simply because it was a Fleming title! The Hildebrand Rarity, unfortunately sounds like a Robert Ludlum title, and we really don't want to go into all that Bourne stuff again that we did with Quantum.
    I still favour Property of a Lady, or my own choice For Queen and Country, very Flemingesque! Though I have a sneaking suspicion that Blofeld may well be chosen!
    Unfortunately, For Queen and Country will confuse people with another iconic franchise that's getting a film adaptation very very soon. A comic series that is very popular in many circles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_&_Country
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Impossible Mission
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The Impossible Mission

:))
    Unfortunately, For Queen and Country will confuse people with another iconic franchise that's getting a film adaptation very very soon. A comic series that is very popular in many circles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_&_Country

Great franchise by the way. I'm not sure about it's movie adaptation. Some of the mission codenames could make for great titles for Bond movie: Stormcrow among them.

I might have suggested it before but how about Dispassionate Revenge?
    007 in New York.

Which would be even more great if none of the film was actually set in New York. All the supporting characters will have egg related names and there would be plenty of egg puns throughout.

It's about time for hard-boiled Bond. I wonder what Mr. Cumberpatch is up to. Benedict could be eggsactly what this film needs. If only the producers would shell out the funds to make this happen. Egg puns could really make audiences crack up.
    Heavens no. I'd rather not have Cumberbatch playing Bond.

Personally, I don't want another 'damaged spy' story, either. I think we've had enough of them in the last ten years. Sure, it's Fleming and all, but I think it's better if we have 'seasoned spy' instead of the former. Keep it down-to-earth, realistically convincing and let it be an escapist at the same time, but no traumas for 007, please.
    Me neither.

josiah wrote: »
    Me neither.
    Imagine the constant references to his Sherlock character. :)) Perhaps cast Martin Freeman as Bill Tanner and have him go on a mission with Bond to give him more screen time. Lol!
    Me neither.
    Imagine the constant references to his Sherlock character. :)) Perhaps cast Martin Freeman as Bill Tanner and have him go on a mission with Bond to give him more screen time. Lol!

Just so long as he has second breakfast with eggs and Benedict before they head out. Blofeld could be threatening the world from inside a hollowed out Mt. Doom. <:-P
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited February 2016 Posts: 9,117
    Me neither.

I'm happy with this just for the fact it means we finally get shot of Rory.
    Me neither.

Just so long as he has second breakfast with eggs and Benedict before they head out. Blofeld could be threatening the world from inside a hollowed out Mt. Doom. <:-P
    Lara Pulver making an appearance as Irma Bunt, too, and put Una Stubbs as Bond's housemaid, May Maxwell, which they will market as "return to Fleming's books" whereas it would actually be recognized as an alternate universe Missus Hudson. :))
    Me neither.

Lara Pulver making an appearance as Irma Bunt, too, and put Una Stubbs as Bond's housemaid, May Maxwell, which they will market as "return to Fleming's books" whereas it would actually be recognized as an alternate universe Missus Hudson. :))

=D>
  • josiah wrote: »
    Me neither.
    Why not?
    I'm happy with just for the fact it means we finally get shot of Rory.
    What's wrong with Rory Kinnear? He's very good on Penny Dreadful.

As for other Sherlock cast, Andrew Scott already played Max Denbigh aka C. But I don't know why they killed him. He could come back, especially if M and Q are coming back, too.
    Yes, Max Denbigh comes back, claiming he was resurrected by Ra'as Al Ghul through the Lazarus Pit... or he's actually his twin brother, who wants to take revenge from M for letting his brother fall to his death. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Into the Shadows
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    MI 6
    Cuckoo007 wrote: »
    Me neither.
    Why not?
    I'm happy with just for the fact it means we finally get shot of Rory.
    What's wrong with Rory Kinnear? He's very good on Penny Dreadful.

As for other Sherlock cast, Andrew Scott already played Max Denbigh aka C. But I don't know why they killed him. He could come back, especially if M and Q are coming back, too.

Because Denbigh was a villain and revealed as such?

But we're getting off topic.
    MI 6
    Haha! Exactly!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2016 Posts: 4,416
    Bond 25 wil be named The Hildebrand Rarity
    Bond 26 wil be named Property Of Lady
    The two movies wil be released under the work title: Risico

Bond 25 wil be named Property Of Lady
    Bond 26 wil be named The Hildebrand Rarity
    The two movies wil be released under the work title: Risico