What makes you angry? Amended. Wish each other Happy Crimbo and best wishes for 2012.

edited December 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 2,782
No personal attacks on members please. Just things in your life or the news or in your head. Rant, rage and spit it out.

For me, it's the bleedin old school tie network and the banks. They all look out for each other and punish the hard working men and women FOR THEIR MISTAKES. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 23,525
    Labour unions and guilds going on strike, thereby sabotaging innocent, hard working people.

And Khan.

• People on the train who take part in long, loud, inane, vapid phone calls, oblivious to the fact that everyone around them is tired and stressed and just wants to go home. Last week I was going home on the Tube after working late, and a woman spent at least twenty minutes telling her husband - the poor sod - in graphic detail about her day and what she wanted for tea, punctuated with regular cackles and snorts.
  • Nothing makes me angry, I am the epitome of calmness and a sea of phlegmatic tranquility

Only one shot at life, and there's no sense in getting agitated with things that in the long run simply aren't relevant or worth the hassle

PS There's already a similar thread to this, if not identical, in existence somewhere in archives
  • welll i have to deal with my step mom i hate her
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    People who cough and sneeze without taking the necessary hygiene precautions.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Those guys at HBO who ended The Sopranos with a f*cking cut to black.
  • People on the train who take part in long, loud, inane, vapid phone calls, oblivious to the fact that everyone around them is tired and stressed and just wants to go home. Last week I was going home on the Tube after working late, and a woman spent at least twenty minutes telling her husband - the poor sod - in graphic detail about her day and what she wanted for tea, punctuated with regular cackles and snorts.

It was me at the end of the phone line.

And Alex Ferguson really really annoys me like his love child David Beckham and the most annoying person in the whole world, Posh.

Is it Skyfall or isn't it? Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 12,837
    idiots defending cheap tarts like katie price and kerry katona. david beckham and his idiot wife. long gaps inbetween bond films. ashley cole is the most annoying person ever. i was watching this thing on TV and he said "oh, i jusy wanna play football", well ash, here's a brilliant idea, if you just wanna play football, don't sell marry a popstar and sell your wedding to a magazine, don't sleep with prostitutes, AND DON'T BRING A GUN TO TRAINING AND SHOOT A TEENAGER. cheryl cole also annoys me because everyone loves her even though she can't sing and she's the least talented in girls aloud.
  • idiots defending cheap tarts like katie price and kerry katona. david beckham and his idiot wife. long gaps inbetween bond films. ashley cole is the most annoying person ever. i was watching this thing on TV and he said "oh, i jusy wanna play football", well ash, here's a brilliant idea, if you just wanna play football, don't sell marry a popstar and sell your wedding to a magazine, don't sleep with prostitutes, AND DON'T BRING A GUN TO TRAINING AND SHOOT A TEENAGER. cheryl cole also annoys me because everyone loves her even though she can't sing and she's the least talented in girls aloud.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    School shootings really piss me off. If you're gonna kill people at school, do it the right way and use a [DELETED DELETED DELETED DELETED].

This message brought to you by the people who don't know how to kill people at school (tm).
  • F1 going over to SKY next year, that really gets on my Christmas Jones.
    The attitude of Australian sports commentators.

Last night, Dan Wheldon was killed in an accident during the final race of the Indycar Series in Las Vegas. It was that rare and terrible thing - a sportsman's death, televised live.

At the other end of the field, there was an Australian driver, Will Power, who was in with a chance of winning the championship (people who follow the sport know Power never stood a chance). And when news of Wheldon's death broke, the Australian media reported it in such a way that the accident was a mere inconvenience and that it had robbed Power of the chance to claim the title.

And it wasn't an isolated incident, either - yesterday, Jorge Lorenzo crashed in practice for the Australian MotoGP race at Philip Island. He crushed a finger (and nearly lost it), but when the commentators reported it, they were smirking because Loenzo was the only person who could beat CASEY STONER!! (that's how they say his name) in the championship and now CASEY STONER!! pretty much just had to finish the race to win his second title. There was almost no concern for Lorenzo's health despite his injury.

Motorsport is the sport I follow the most, but I've noticed it in almost every sport Australia is involved in - every time an Australian person or team is doing well, the commentators blow things out of proportion in favour of the home team. They did it in the rugby union against New Zealand, and the rugby league. And dozens of other sports. It's disgusting; they show almost no concern for the other competitots, even when their lives hang in the balance.
    Motorsport is the sport I follow the most, but I've noticed it in almost every sport Australia is involved in - every time an Australian person or team is doing well, the commentators blow things out of proportion in favour of the home team. They did it in the rugby union against New Zealand, and the rugby league. And dozens of other sports. It's disgusting; they show almost no concern for the other competitots, even when their lives hang in the balance.
    Know what your mean over here in NZ. The WHOLE 6 o'clock news hour was on the All Blacks win, Never mind the ship about to beak up and spill oil all over the BOP.

And that was it last week how we where all going to die because there was a oil leek!!!

Back to rugby... Everyone has been told to adopt a second team and support them,(which everyone has done amazingly.) EXCEPT people appearing on TV about the event. "Go the mighty All Blacks","Tonights Game, which the ABs will win!!!","But there not as good as the all blacks","The All Blacks are struggling over the loss of Dan Carter" (HIS INJURED NOT DEAD!!!! X( ) The Guy on TV One is the WORST, But John Key ending opening ceremony his speech with "Go the mighty All Blacks" made me nearly cry. and the thing is I HATE RUGBY!!!!!

• I don't really get angry at much; usually my reaction is to be perplexed or frustrated. The thing that always gets me is when people refuse to see reason or look at facts. People who blindly follow ideology (whether left or right) and grasp at any straw to support what they *want* to believe in always drives me a little crazy.

Having said that, hearing or reading people supporting corporations that send all the middle-class jobs offshore, sit on $2 trillion without giving raises or creating new jobs, and lobby angrily against any new (or really, re-imposition of old) regulations or taxes is unbelievable to me. I've talked to people who foam at the mouth that a unionized worker *might* be making $2,000 a year more than them after 20 years of doing - and this is key - a job that they themselves wouldn't do, but then give a pass to the corporations making record profits yet not hiring anyone and claiming that the economy's in trouble because the already disappearing middle class (which they want to be part of!) are paid "way too much". How so many people have been convinced to support policies that make their own lives worse is beyond me.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    edited October 2011 Posts: 784
    Politics, rap music, hip hop, drugs and this current generations lack of manners and attitude.
  • To add to my previous post, young people who think that binge drinking/smoking/drugs are cool. My girlfriend works at a secondary school, and one of the boys there - I think he's in Year 11, which would make him 15/16 - used to be a national-level cross country runner. He took up smoking around a year ago and now can barely run the 400m. A massive waste of talent and potential.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 5,745
    I've smoked weed twice, but I don't think its cool. It relaxed me. ALOT. Makes me feel a whole lot better afterwards, for a few days.
  • Bored, cold, fed up. Want warmth and a bit of fun. Might do the imax and mi4 this weekend to cheer myself up.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Bored, cold, fed up. Want warmth and a bit of fun. Might do the imax and mi4 this weekend to cheer myself up.

I can only back you up - seen MI4 last night... Excellent, mindless, fun escapist entertainement !
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Bored, cold, fed up. Want warmth and a bit of fun. Might do the imax and mi4 this weekend to cheer myself up.

I can only back you up - seen MI4 last night... Excellent, mindless, fun escapist entertainement !

Oh I'm seeing the film this weekend too, DC. I keep hearing so much good about it, my anticipations are running wild. :)

What gets me angry, though, is a student who dared to comment on his written exam that it's improper of me to present him with problems that weren't entirely pre-explained in class. He's going down, folks. :P
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    DarthDimi wrote:
    What gets me angry, though, is a student who dared to comment on his written exam that it's improper of me to present him with problems that weren't entirely pre-explained in class. He's going down, folks. :P

I had to read it 5 times to understand - thought you were still talking about MI4 there... :-B
  • <blockquote rel="thelivingroyale">idiots defending cheap tarts like katie price and kerry katona. david beckham and his idiot wife. long gaps inbetween bond films. ashley cole is the most annoying person ever. i was watching this thing on TV and he said "oh, i jusy wanna play football", well ash, here's a brilliant idea, if you just wanna play football, don't sell marry a popstar and sell your wedding to a magazine, don't sleep with prostitutes, AND DON'T BRING A GUN TO TRAINING AND SHOOT A TEENAGER. cheryl cole also annoys me because everyone loves her even though she can't sing and she's the least talented in girls aloud.</blockquote>

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Cheryl Cole's by far the sexiest one in Girls Aloud, that's the only reason for her success.
    F1 going over to SKY next year, that really gets on my Christmas Jones.
    I think the BBC are still broadcasting about half of the races next year, including most of the big ones (Silverstone etc.). Doesn't matter to me anyway, my next door neighbour has Sky and the biggest television I've ever seen :D
    edited December 2011 Posts: 15,690
    No to SKY I say... Atleast DC will still be commentating with newcomer Ben Edwards... I'll watch the SKY coverage on my comp if someone has the kindness to record it and upload it for those without SKY to download.
  • cricvid.com might be showing it online ;)
  • RC7RC7
    edited December 2011 Posts: 10,512
    The idea that everyone and everything is a commodity. Someone asked me the other day what my 'Brand Personality' was. If I were prone to violence I would have smashed his teeth in. True creativity has been stifled in our our pursuit of a Capitalist utopia. It annoys me very much.
    cricvid.com might be showing it online ;)

Thanks for the heads up mate !!

• Maybe I was somewhat disingenuous before

I do get agitated to a significant extreme every now and again, don't really want to elaborate but it usually raises a level in the build up to the this time of year and thereafter, and other things just add insult to injury. Maybe a bit vague but I wish not to discuss it

Maybe at the end of the day it may all well be rather trivial and unnecessary
    What makes me angry? I'll tell you, getting up for work in the morning after a rager. b-( b-( b-(

*Note to self: avoid mixing beer, wine and martini's all in one night*
  • That Tim never got to make a 3rd Bond Film. On a personal note people who take your positive energy and dont return it making you feel like your not worth anything.
  • When people bite into string cheese. Honestly, it's called STRING cheese for a reason. :-L