What makes you angry? Amended. Wish each other Happy Crimbo and best wishes for 2012.

13»

Comments

• edited December 2011 Posts: 4,622
    Bond wrote:
    Well, I didn't get angry but rather I got quite miffed and taken aback the other day when I made an online post in a forum which said "<i>Merry Christmas and Happy New Year</i>", and one angry fellow replied with "<i>How could you not say Happy Holidays for those that don't celebrate Christmas? F*** you too, then!</i>". Let's hope no one here reacts like that! :))

Apparently the guy was an atheist, but so am I... and I celebrate Christmas!

I know. It is truly bizarre. I don't get offended if someone wishes me a happy solstice or happy Hunnukah ( I probably spelled that wrong) or happy Ramadan. Take it in the spirit the greeting is offered.
    Its irrelevant whether you formally celebrate the "day" or not. Christmas though an important Cristian feast day, is also in our western culture, just as much a non-religious, secular celebration of merriment, gifts, Santa and Christmas trees etc. not to mention a massive consumer binge that gives a big bump to our economy.
    It's the usual joyless pc suspects that like to crap on everyone's fun.
    QBranch wrote:

People who say 'koala bear'. It's NOT a f*****g bear! [-X

True, it isn't a bear, it's a marsupial. It's not raaaar I'm a koala bear I'll eat you with a side of eycalyptius leaves raaaaar
    QBranch wrote:
    People who say 'would of", instead've 'would've'. ;)

Me its "peoples" an improper use of the word "people"

I just cringe. I had a teacher in primary school who did it, she was choreographing a show once. Nixed me off to the point of tears

• dedicated to GL.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Well forgotmyusername, you could have posted the Justin Bieber version... :))

<url>
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 2,782
    Well forgotmyusername, you could have posted the Justin Bieber version... :))

<url>

Awesome. It makes me just want to shag the hell out of him.

This is better:

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,943
    Well, Christmas will definitely come twice next year- the first one being on the 26th of October. ;)
  • I just got so angry and irritated that I had to edit out all what I just wrote :-L
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,943
    (*) QBranch here, just wishing everyone a rockin' Christmas and a very Bondian 2012! (*)

EmoticonMARTINI.png
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 1,817
    And don't forget the official Christmas song of Bond:

Merry Christmas to everyone! It certainly is the most wonderful time of the year! Kind of sad that it's getting close to Christmas, because then it all has to end! I've always thought that was ironic. You want Christmas to get here for all the festivities, gifts, and time with family, but you also want the Christmas season to last.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Well, Merry Christmas to everyone here at MI6. I'll come back before the new year, to hopefully more Skyfall news. Until then, take care, be merry and have an all round great time.
    And a Merry Christmas to you, @Samuel001!
    All the best Samuel001! Have a good one! Cheers
    Merry CHristmas to ALL on MI6.

(I just thought, what if Cruise makes two more MI movies, we get to MI6 as well. :)) )
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Merry christmas fellow MI6ers...

2806278738_4713f15606.jpg

Seeing as it's not been on tv this year, i'm going to hae to post it...

:D

• Just saw this today - absolutely hilarious and even more so because it's true...

I remember when I was young and nerdy and had no idea how to talk to girls I would try to follow the example of movie characters (including a certain British secret agent) and try to play it "cool". Imagine my frustration and anger when girls wouldn't find it charming or sexy - in fact they found it at best lame and at worst insulting! I look back with a mixture of horror and shame that I got so angry at women for not responding the way that they were "supposed to"...uppity womyn! Can't believe now that I used to think that...

Thank Dog for growing up :-)
  • Nothing on the box - so sticking on OHMSS - happy crimbo to everyone and a safe new year.

Catch up in Jan.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Shame it only comes once a year ;)
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    A fantastic year on all on threads folks. Have a safe and happy Christmas and a fantastic 2012.
    X. :-)
    Merry Christmas :)