Last Bond Movie You Watched

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Every insane person loves GE.
  • AnthraxAnthrax Sweden

Does that also count for people who has TWINE as their favorite Bond film? GE is my second favorite.

All doubts removed.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Anthrax wrote: »

Does that also count for people who has TWINE as their favorite Bond film? GE is my second favorite.

You're among friends. Myself and quite a few others here have GE in the #1 position, and praise and defend it constantly.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2016 Posts: 15,690
    I've just finished GE for quite possibly the 3 millionth time I've seen this film since I became a Bond fan.

The gunbarrel alone makes me want to punch the air in excitement. Pierce Brosnan is the man and an absolute legend, and after the film is over, all I ask is for more badass action featuring Mr. Brosnan. Tina Turner delivers a classic theme song, the supporting cast is magnificent, Martin Campbell's direction is fantastic, and the action scenes are thrilling. When Bond drives the tank through the wall at the start of the chase, I literally start jumping on my chair. Natalya is one of my favorite Bond girls, she is such a darling. In 20 years time I am sure I will still get a blast watching this epic film.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I never used to like FYEO, but it's grown on me over the years. It's still uneven, but I can appreciate that it tries to bring the series back down to earth.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I never used to like FYEO, but it's grown on me over the years. It's still uneven, but I can appreciate that it tries to bring the series back down to earth.
    And underwater with crazy looking bubbles ....
    =))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I agree with you on Kamen @Birdleson. I didn't like that score years back, because it followed Barry's brilliant swansong TLD score. However, like the film, I have grown to really appreciate what Kamen did with the LTK score. As you say, it's distinctively his sound, and yet is very Bondian. An impressive achievement. I suppose it's not mentioned much because LTK itself is a film that isn't mentioned all that much.

I think however that Hamlisch deserves to be included with Martin and Kamen as a composer who made the transition from Barry well. There are some wonderful unique dramatic cues in the TSWLM score also imho.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Kamen put out a recording titled Concerto for Saxophone; it's outstanding.

Caught GE last night for the six millionth time, I believe it was, and it's just as beautiful and entertaining and perfect as it always is.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Live and Let Die.

It literally forced my wife into labor
    Live and Let Die.

Haha, any particular scene? Anyway, congratulations to you on the litter.
    Live and Let Die.

Roger Moore has that affect on people.

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Live and Let Die.

Haha, any particular scene? Anyway, congratulations to you on the litter.

The last scene we watched beforehand was when he seduces Solitaire. Thanks a bunch :)
    Congratulations! It'll make a hell of a story for your kid someday.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2016 Posts: 15,690
    Congratulations! I hope your kid will be a big Sir Rog fan when he/she is old enough to watch Bond films!
    Thanks everyone. I have a son just under two who will be the first introduced into Bond.
    Every sane person loves FYEO.

FYEO is class.
    ...is it bad that I already want to watch GE again?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    ...is it bad that I already want to watch GE again?
    No, you do it instead of me please.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Since Christmas I have watched..

Dr No ( "Are you looking for shells?" "No. I'm just looking" )
    You Only Live Twice ( "He wouldn't touch that horrible woman, would you?" "Heaven forbid")
    Octopussy ("Moneypenny, you become more beautiful every day" "I'm over here" "But of course you are")
    The World Is Not Enough ( "I've got to get it back, or someone's gonna have my ass" "First things first")

Next up will be Moonraker.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 40,473
    @NicNac, ( "I've got to get it back, or someone's gonna have my ass" "First things first")

I've never, ever gotten that line until now. Wow. Took me reading it instead of hearing it to finally realize what he means.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Haha, there are a couple of lines in Bond movies that get me the same way. I had one explained to me a few weeks ago that I had seen literally dozens of times and it had washed over me.
    Glad I'm not the only one that this has happened to!

That post-pipeline explosion scene is 1,000x better now that I get it.
    Man, you guys are slow :) I got that one as a thirteen year old :)
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Man, you guys are slow :) I got that one as a thirteen year old :)

I believe @NicNac already knew it, but I just hadn't caught it until now. It all makes sense now! :D

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I watched The World Is Not Enough recently -

Worst Bit - Bond and Eletkra in her bedroom talking, "about us"

Best Bit - Bronsan and Marceau's chemistry

I forgot how I miss the Brozz as 007 and the James Bond Theme.

Even Berry.
    Although I disagree with you on Spectre, Bronsan had great chemistry with all his leading ladies, even Wai Lin. ;)

One such example are when Bond and Christmas are interrogating Zukovsky -

"It's a shame we have no champagne"
    "Or sour cream".

I thought that was a really cute line from Richards.
    GE. Again. I loved it. Again.

I've stated it elsewhere, but I'm going to try and see just how many times I can feasibly watch this movie in 2016. Two down, countless more times to go.