Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

The video quality isn't great but this is just frickin' brilliant

^:)^
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Such sad news I had not even known that he was unwell RIP Alan
    We are going to watch Truly Madley Deeply tonight if you haven't watched it I recommend most highly .
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the news. Very sad news indeed. RIP to a wonderful actor. By Grubthar's hammer, we will remember you!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Already a music Icon this week now one of Britain's finest actor has been taken from us too soon.

RIP Alan Rickman.
    Very sad to hear it. I remember him best for Harry Potter and Sweeney Todd. We're off to a really hard start this year in losses...
    Ever since playing the awesome sheriff of Notingham Rickman was an actor I would watch and enjoy Truly, Madly and deeply. But today fills me with sadness.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Devastating news. RIP Alan Rickman.
  • He absolutely nailed the character of Snape. He'll live on for generations.
  • RC7RC7
    He absolutely nailed the character of Snape. He'll live on for generations.

On New Years Day I watched, Philosopher's Stone, Goblet of Fire and Love Actually (apologies) and he was far and away the best thing in each of them. His delivery is unorthodox to the point where he almost invented his own style of acting.
  • SerialHitmanSerialHitman Plotting my revenge
    This is not a very good week is it?
    RIP Alan Rickman
  • AnthraxAnthrax Sweden
    RIP Alan Rickman. You were the perfect Snape, and you had other great films too.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 11,189
    Some more sad news unfortunately.

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/brian-bedford-obituary_75593.html

I remember @Thunderfinger was a big fan of Robin Hood as were a few others on here. I used watch it a lot too.

Now TWO Robin Hood veterans have passed away this week. May both rest in peace.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 12,269
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Some more sad news unfortunately.

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/brian-bedford-obituary_75593.html

I remember @Thunderfinger was a big fan of Robin Hood as were a few others on here. I used watch it a lot too.

Now TWO Robin Hood veterans have passed away this week. May both rest in peace.

When it rains it pours; this was yet ANOTHER huge loss for me. Disney's Robin Hood is one of my favorite animated films, and Bedford was the perfect, suave Robin Hood. Sad news.
    And it doesn't stop : I've heard yesterday of the passing of René Angelil, the manager and husband of Céline Don. Once again, that fucking cancer.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So many celebrities lost to cancer in such a short span of time. So sad.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 4,813
    Grizzly Adams today :(
    IS EVERYONE FUCKING DYING THIS YEAR?!?

*edit, and you guessed it: CANCER
    Another one gone to cancer. :( RIP, Dan Haggerty!!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Is this the year of the crab? (aka cancer) We're three weeks in and this many cancer deaths?
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I don't mean this disrespectful at all but they always say "in threes". I work in healthcare and that's what I hear.

(I honestly think people just count three then say hey there ya go ...in threes)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RIP Alan Rickman
    Such a marvellous actor...
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    TV writer Robert Banks Stewart, best known for creating the Jersey-based detective series Bergerac and Shoestring, has died aged 84.

Stewart also wrote the classic Doctor Who episode Terror of the Zygons.

Born in 1931, he began his career as a journalist in his native Edinburgh

As a producer on The Darling Buds of May, Stewart was said to have been instrumental in launching the career of Catherine Zeta-Jones after he chose her to play Pop Larkin's daughter.

The adaptation of HE Bates' printed stories gained one of the highest ratings for a new series in the history of British TV and launched Zeta Jones career as an internationally renowned actress.

Bergerac ran for a decade on the BBC
    His other creation, Shoestring, introduced Trevor Eve in his breakout role as the shambling but shrewd private detective. The series dominated Sunday night viewing for two years and was nominated for a Bafta.

Other series he contributed to included The Avengers, Callan and Arthur of the Britons.

Stewart's episodes for Doctor Who: Terror of the Zygons were set in his native Scotland and drew on the Loch Ness Monster legend.

Crime solving Jersey-based Jim Bergerac, starring John Nettles, was a divorced loner and recovering alcoholic who liked to drive vintage sports cars

It ran for 10 years from 1981 to 1991.

mcdonbb wrote: »
    I don't mean this disrespectful at all but they always say "in threes". I work in healthcare and that's what I hear.

(I honestly think people just count three then say hey there ya go ...in threes)

This must be a popular expression worldwide. I'm not a native English speaker and we always says celebrites go "in threes" ("de tres en tres", to be exact).
  • Bit late I know but I was shocked by the death of Alan Rickman. A brilliant actor with that unique voice and way of speaking. He seemed a thoroughly decent man as well.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    mcdonbb wrote: »

This must be a popular expression worldwide. I'm not a native English speaker and we always says celebrites go "in threes" ("de tres en tres", to be exact).

Maybe so ...interesting.
    Poor Celine Dion. After losing her husband/manager a few days ago to cancer, her brother also passed away today from cancer. RIP.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Oh no, thats terrible news. RIP
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Christ almighty, is the universe angry at us mere humans or something? I can't think of any other explanation...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Such heartbreaking news. I wish Celine and her family the best in their recovery.