Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• AnthraxAnthrax Sweden
    RIP Beau St. Clair.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Very sad news.
  • RC7RC7
    Alan Rickman. No!
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Unfortunately, yes. I've just heard this news. A great actor and, away from Bond, played my favourite villain in a movie (Die Hard).

RIP Good Sir.....

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jan/14/alan-rickman-giant-of-british-film-and-theatre-dies-at-69
    This pretty much sums up my reaction to this news:

Die-Hard-hans-gruber.jpg

RIP to one of the great British actors.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Very sad news. RIP.
    This thread has been too active lately.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    One of my favourite actors. Hans Gruber was one of the best onscreen villains ever. Alexander Dane in Galaxy Quest and of course the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood.
    But it was his turn as Severus Snape that I really enjoyed. The bad guy who turns out not to be what you think.
    A stunningly great actor. What a shit week this is turning out to be. First David Bowie, now Alan Rickman.
    snape.jpg

RIP Mr.Rickman
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Shocked to heard about the death of Alan Rickman
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Rickman was pure class.No one could display arrogance like him.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Another 69 year old British legend losing to cancer :(

RIP Alan Rickman
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Brilliant actor.

RIP
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Sad sad sad sad news. I love Rickman and his turn as Snape in the Potter movies was utterly sublime. This news has really messed up my day.
  • 2016 isn't off to the best start, is it?
  • Ugh. This is awful news. Rickman is/was one of the most watchable actors on the planet.

There goes my dream of seeing him as a Bond villain :(
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Second time I've woken up in less than a week to hear that a wonderful legend has passed away to cancer at 69, and nobody had an idea. Thank you for all the wonderful movie memories, Alan, especially Hans Gruber and the Harry Potter series. You shined in everything I ever saw you in, and may you RIP.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    2016 is off to a very, very bad start.

RIP Alan Rickman. :(
    RIP Alan Rickman.
    A great actor.

Everybody dying of bloody cancer.

RIP Rickman, so sudden
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    2016 isn't off to the best start, is it?

I was about to post exactly that.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    *finds a book with enough pages and...turns to page...394*
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    RIP Alan Rickman. Die Hard will always be my favorite action movie.
    Even though I'm an atheist, a part of me is hoping that somewhere up there, Hans Gruber is finally sitting on a beach earning 20%.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Good heavens me, how sickening. I hate, HATE waking up so much now, popping onto this thread and seeing such a high amount of new posts in a thread of this kind. In the two to three seconds that it takes for the new page to load, my mind is overcome with drab thoughts of, "what great man or woman is lost to us now," and "whose wonderful existence have we all been deprived of this time?"

It being Alan Rickman this morning registers itself as a numbing pain inside of me. It's news that chills you to the bone and gives you a heavy paralysis. My mouth just hung open there as seconds felt like unending minutes.

Alan was a true class act, and a performer of the very first degree. While he was great in so many things, I first encountered his singular brilliance in his pitch perfect portrayal of Severus Snape in the Potter films. As I watched the movies and read the books as Rowling published them, whenever I read Snape's dialogue he always resembled Alan and carried his wonderfully deep and resounding monotone voice.

He brought to life one of the most special characters in the series, as he brought to life all his roles, which were steeped in great variety. It will be a bittersweet experience going back to his films after this day, as his loss is not one to take easily, though it feels unreal and entirely made up that he's left us for good. It honestly makes me perplexed; how can one be happy in a world where we've lost so many geniuses of art, writing, acting, music and more in recent memory?

Put simply, just as Snape would've said it, Alan, we'll love and miss you "Always."
    Shame to hear of his death. Like many others, I loved him in Die Hard and can probably recite most of his dialogue on command.

"I'm going to count to three...there will not be a four"
    That's a very nice suit...Mr Takagi...it would be a shame to ruin it"
    "Now...you can break...the code?"
    "Just another American who saw too many movies as a child? Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne? Rambo?"
    Oh...pleaaaseee gaaaddd no you're one of them aren't you...you're one of them!?"
    "Still the cowboy Mr McClane, Americans all alike. Well this time John Wayne doesn't walk off into the sunset with Grace Kelly".
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Guess I gotta pop in 'Die Hard' today, in memory of him. Best Christmas movie of all time, one of the best action movies of all time, and as usual, Rickman delivers in the villain department and graces the screen as one of the best cinema baddies I've ever seen. Still can't get over it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm doing the same, @Creasy47
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 4,600
    I know he did lots of stage work etc but, for me, Die Hard was a highlight of his career. Wonderful, visionary casting and a great performance, he just nailed it. One of THE best villains of the big screen.
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/apr/16/alan-rickman-nearly-turned-down-villain-in-die-hard
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    voldyhug-1440161473.gif

Die Hard (1988)
    Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)
    Sense and Sensibility (1995)
    Harry Potter (2001-2011)
    Love Actually (2003)
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2006)
    Alice in Wonderland (2010)
    Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) his last movie :(

Sorry Alan, but thank you....

tumblr_lr9lt1Upgj1qfpr10o1_500.png

RIP...

patb wrote: »
    I know he did lots of stage work etc but, for me, Die Hard was a highlight of his career. Wonderful, visionary casting and a great performance, he just nailed it. One of THE best villains of the big screen.
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/apr/16/alan-rickman-nearly-turned-down-villain-in-die-hard
    Indeed, I love him there.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 1,261
    RIP Alan Rickman. Brilliant actor. Always hoped he'd be playing a Bond villain.