Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

RIP Gabriele Ferzetti (17 March 1925 – 2 December 2015)

latest?cb=20130905185946

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriele_Ferzetti

RIP, Mr Ferzetti, one of the greatest characters in the whole franchise

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    The legendary Jimmy Hill has sadly passed away. Although not a part of English football for some years, he will be fondly remembered by many I'm sure.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35141430
    261858_1.jpg
    I rewatched Scarface a few days ago. RIP Mr. Loggia :(

So did I . What a great film!
  • RIP Mr Lemmy Kilmister. You will be sadly missed.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Lemmy Kilmister.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Lemmy also had a few hits on his own, and did some acting. He was great in HARDWARE.
    Lemmy did make the news reports fun this morning when they put on a wee bit of their music on. It put a smile on my face at 6.30 this morning. May he rest in peace.
    I discovered Natalie Cole's career as a soul-r&b-funk career in the seventies fairly recently. RIP.
    A double death here in France. For starters, on January 2nd, we lost singer Michel Delpech. I guess this song is now in the "Funny Aneurysm" category. Delpech died at 69 from cancer, and Mick Jagger is still alive :

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-338569-le-chanteur-michel-delpech-est-decede-ce-soir-a-21h30-a-l-age-de-69-ans-reecoutez-ses-tubes.html

And today, we've learn of the demise of french actor Michel Galabru, who appeared in so many comedies, including the famous "Gendarme de St. Tropez" series :

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-347580-le-comedien-michel-galabru-est-decede-dans-son-sommeil-a-l-age-de-93-ans.html
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    RIP monsieur Delpech, wonderful musician.
    Sad about Delpech, although I had not heard of him. Too young.
    But Jagger I am well aware of. He is 72, and in very good health. Despite the Stones bad boy rep, he was never a big abuser of his body.
    He runs works out , eats right etc.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    A tough day for me today. A year ago today, I lost my wonderful mum. She was 59 and I love and miss her dearly. RIP Man xx
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    A tough day for me today. A year ago today, I lost my wonderful mum. She was 59 and I love and miss her dearly. RIP Man xx

Heartfelt condolences to yours and you. I can relate I still miss my dad.
    I understand it is a tough day, Shark. It gets easier for each year.

Sorry for your loss.
    Thank you for your kind words guys, they are much appreciated.
    I don t drink milk, either. Assholes.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Sad to say that Ed Stewpot stuart has passed away at the age of 74 after suffering a stroke
    RIP Ed one of the few BBC Radio personality of the 60s & 70s that I used to listen to .
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 11,189
    @Shark_0f_Lago.

I genuinely can't imagine how tough it's been for you. My own mum isn't too far off 59 herself and the idea of losing her is unthinkable to me at the moment. I know a couple of people who lost their mothers too early and they seem to somehow battle through. I honestly don't know if I would cope.

My condolences to you.

BAIN123 wrote: »
    @Shark_0f_Lago.

I genuinely can't imagine how tough it's been for you. My own mum isn't too far off 59 herself and the idea of losing her is unthinkable to me at the moment. I know a couple of people who lost their mothers too early and they seem to somehow battle through. I genuinely don't know if I would cope.

My condolences to you.

Thank you for your kind words. It's not been easy that's for sure and yesterday was a difficult day. It's been a few weeks of firsts without her. Christmas, she would have been 60 on 3rd Jan and then 1 year since we lost her yesterday. Not easy. As time goes on, I'm not sure its a case of getting easier but coping with it better.

Thank you again.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    My sincere condolences, @Shark_Of_Largo.

I know the past years haven't been easy for many of us here, myself included. Losing my grandmother in the last half of 2015 broke me and I'm still feeling those effects. We just have to remember all the wonderful gifts the dearly departed gave to us, and all the memories we are able to cling to, even in their absences, simply because we were lucky enough to share our lives with them. It never replaces them or fills that void they've left behind, but it is better than wallowing stagnantly in the wake of their passing, becoming comatose and unresponsive through our shock and pain. To do such a thing would be a dishonor to their memory. I try to tell myself this when I have down days, like today, and hope it helps you as well as your coping process continues. It's strange: our loved ones would hate for us to feel such sorrow, but when you love someone as much as we love those we've lost, it's often the only thing we can bring ourselves to do.

If you ever need to talk, don't be afraid to send me a private message. We're always stronger together than we ever are apart. The very definition of family, that. >:D<
    My sincere condolences, @Shark_Of_Largo.

I know the past years haven't been easy for many of us here, myself included. Losing my grandmother in the last half of 2015 broke me and I'm still feeling those effects. We just have to remember all the wonderful gifts the dearly departed gave to us, and all the memories we are able to cling to, even in their absences, simply because we were lucky enough to share our lives with them. It never replaces them or fills that void they've left behind, but it is better than wallowing stagnantly in the wake of their passing, becoming comatose and unresponsive through our shock and pain. To do such a thing would be a dishonor to their memory. I try to tell myself this when I have down days, like today, and hope it helps you as well as your coping process continues. It's strange: our loved ones would hate for us to feel such sorrow, but when you love someone as much as we love those we've lost, it's often the only thing we can bring ourselves to do.

If you ever need to talk, don't be afraid to send me a private message. We're always stronger together than we ever are apart. The very definition of family, that. >:D<

Thank you so much. Your words are absolutely spot on and I appreciate them very much.

If I ever need to talk, I will certainly take you up on your offer. Very kind of you, thank you.....

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Shark_0f_Largo, my apologies as well, sending some thoughts your way, and if you ever need to talk, please let me know. I'm coming up on a year since Dad passed away, can't believe it's been this long already.
    You have my condolences @Shark_0f_Largo. I haven't lost my mother yet, so I don't know your pain, but I can't really know how bad it is until it hapens to me. Though things won't be the same, I hope you continue to heal.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 4,151
    Many thanks to you all. @Creasy47, my thoughts are with you too, I was unaware that you had lost your Dad so my condolences for your own loss. Time really does pass quickly doesn't it and I can't quite believe how quickly the last 12 months has gone. Thank you also for the offer. I'm often told that, while it never gets any easier, you learn how to deal with these events better. True words.

Again, my thanks to you all who have given me their kind words. This is a wonderful community to be part of.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    condolences @Shark_of_Largo I lost both my parents years ago. Of course it was
    very upsetting but now I have friends around my age, who are having to deal with
    The trauma and pain of seeing their parents having to deal with the various horrible
    diseases, like strokes and alzheimers, and in a small way take a little comfort in only
    having memories of them both as fit and well. I fact I'm now only nine years younger
    than my Dad was when he died.
    Strangely bad memories fade and the good get stronger.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Shark_0f_Largo, and many thanks to you in return! It's true, as much as it sucks waiting, time does start to make things better and a little bit easier. It's still tough, though, I will say.