New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• JohnBondJohnBond France
    Bonjour everyone !

I've been reading you everyday for quite a long time already, and finally decided to join !
    I'm a french Bond fan since my childhood, when i saw the first Connerys, which seemed already very dark and fascinating to me. And that was the beginning of a long story. I especially love the Bonds of the 60's, the Daltons and the Craigs, and of course the Fleming books. But i also find myself enjoying a lot some of the Moores and Brosnans, from time to time. My first name John naturally pushed me to choose John Bond !
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Welcome aboard Mathis1 ; matt_u ; Darius ; toky & Esoteric

Prepare to be well & truly Bond(ag)ed ...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Welcome here, @JohnBond.

Now tell me the truth, was it me who fascinated you the most and lured you on board?
  • JohnBondJohnBond France
    Haha, perhaps yes, one of the reasons of my fascination!
    JohnBond wrote: »
    Haha, perhaps yes, one of the reasons of my fascination!

The others being the awesome mods here, no doubt.
    Suck it up to those imbecile masters and u will be fine, learn from me.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Bonjour @JohnBond and Bienvenue to our community!
  • Hi all, I'm a new member of the forum even if I'm lurking this place from some time. Not sure about how much I will be active (the free time it's always my main obstacle), anyway with the release of Spectre I thought that was the right moment for becoming an user, and so here we come. Also English is not my native language, so sorry for my mistakes.

I saw all the movies of the series but I still need to read the books, something that I hope to fix very soon. I don't hide anyway that Craig's reboot is my favourite version of the franchise: surely my relative young age has a role in it, but the choice it's overall for the humanization and realism brought in the series through the last works: of course with this I'm far from saying to dislike the rest of the series, just the opposite.

You people seem to be nice, so I hope to have a good time here!
  • Hey all, I'm new here. Absoloutely loved Spectre.
    A big welcome to all invaders.
  • Hi, I'm the editor of The James Bond Archives, published by TASCHEN. I've written/edited something like 100 books, mainly on cinema, but also mystery fiction, and comics. I've joined to give updates on the release of the new SPECTRE Edition of TJBA in the collectibles thread.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    A warm welcome to you, @Paul_Duncan. Lovely to have you on these boards.
    Please Paul, join us on so much more than money pushing and have at it. We want to know your inner thoughts and fears, make it happen right here and we're all here for you. Deep breath in deep breath out and do a bit of wiritng that's my forte anyhows, and I see your picture books all the time welcome.
    Hi, I'm the editor of The James Bond Archives, published by TASCHEN. I've written/edited something like 100 books, mainly on cinema, but also mystery fiction, and comics. I've joined to give updates on the release of the new SPECTRE Edition of TJBA in the collectibles thread.

Welcome Paul, I'm really looking forward to getting the Spectre edition of TJBA as I haven't got it yet - I'm still wading my way thru books I've bought over the last 5 years :) But I'm looking forward to this immensely. :)
  • You're most welcome @Paul_Duncan
  • IGUANNA wrote: »
    Please Paul, join us on so much more than money pushing and have at it. We want to know your inner thoughts and fears, make it happen right here and we're all here for you. Deep breath in deep breath out and do a bit of wiritng that's my forte anyhows, and I see your picture books all the time welcome.

Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to unleash my inner thoughts on the world - The Charlie Chaplin Archives was published a couple of months ago, TJBA published now, I have PR to do on both. And I have to research/travel for the next couple of months for 7+ other projects. So, a little busy. But I'll visit/comment when I can...
  • OmegaXOmegaX Singapore
    Hello guys! Well I just discovered this forum eariler today, and I'm excited to join, as I'm a big fan of movies (I love analyzing them) and the Bond franchise!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Welcome OmegaX :)
  • OmegaXOmegaX Singapore
    Welcome OmegaX :)

Thanks Thunderpussy!

:)
    Not sure, but you may be our first member from Singapore. Welcome, is Omegax a usual name there?
    IGUANNA wrote: »

Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to unleash my inner thoughts on the world - The Charlie Chaplin Archives was published a couple of months ago, TJBA published now, I have PR to do on both. And I have to research/travel for the next couple of months for 7+ other projects. So, a little busy. But I'll visit/comment when I can...

The Charlie Chaplin Archives look amazing. Any chance of a smaller more affordable version of that book being released in the near future ala TJBA? (Sorry but I'm broke...)

• augie7107augie7107 Boston
    Good day All,
    I just joined about two weeks ago and forgot to post in this thread. I've been busy enjoying my time here. I am a citizen of the US and have enjoyed the Bond films and books since my youth. When traveling, I attempt to visit places where the movies have been filmed. So far I have been to San Francisco, New York, Las Vegas, Miami, Baltimore, Istanbul, Venice, Lake Como, Murren, Meteora, Moscow and Rome. My wife is from Greece and she is now a converted Bond fan after being with me for years. It is a pleasure to be a member and I look forward to many hours of enjoyment participating in the forum.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Welcome, @augie7107! :)
    jake24 wrote: »
    Welcome, @augie7107! :)

Thank you kindly!
    Welcome @augie7107
    New guy here
    Welcome @augie7107

Grazie!
    Welcome on board @Gettler
    Thank you
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Welcome @Gettler and @augie7107
  • Greetings. I've been reading this forum for a while now and decided it is time to make an account now that I've finished school. I look forward to discussing all things Bond with fellow fans.