Going away or coming back?

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    One? One???

Ignoring the facts doesn't make it better and such comments even encourage those haters even more. Well done!

Enough said. It's no use anyway, why fight it? Hate on, have fun.

Well I've seen only one. And to be honest, if you take those guys seriously, you're ruining things for yourself. I couldn't have lasted here and the former KTBEU for more than 10 years if I'd let those haters, or trolls, or other negative influencers get under my skin. Breathe in, Breathe out, use humour, and you'll be fine (and if they go too far, you can always flag them( down) ).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I always try ( as best I can) to ignore all the "wallow in misery threads" .
    Spectre is a big hit, I enjoyed it, so I'm a happy Bond fan. Although I
    try and stay away from negative threads, I can fully understand why
    people wan't a break from the same old arguments.
    Basically I love the Bond films and actors who've portrayed him, so don't
    feel the need to bash any film or actor.
    With Bond, I always feel like my younger self, watching them. They're like
    having an old friend back. :)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Why do people subscribe to a forum that has more members than Scientology and deals with fan talk about a subject that in no way invites objective perspectives if the merest disagreement with one or two people is enough to hand in the badge? If we were all here to agree about everything, this place would die from dullness soon.

If you feel like someone crossed a line, flag the comment and we'll take over. But leaving in anger because of some bloke who said unkind things about an actor you like is a bit infantile, wouldn't you say?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Why do people subscribe to a forum that has more members than Scientology and deals with fan talk about a subject that in no way invites objective perspectives if the merest disagreement with one or two people is enough to hand in the badge? If we were all here to agree about everything, this place would die from dullness soon.

If you feel like someone crossed a line, flag the comment and we'll take over. But leaving in anger because of some bloke who said unkind things about an actor you like is a bit infantile, wouldn't you say?

I'd have left long ago if some of the derogatory comments about Octopussy got to me. Now I just know anyone who doesn't like it is clearly mad and move on.

;)

It's part of my enjoyment of being a Bond fan, that it's so diverse it's almost impossible to find a fan the same as you are. Yet we all share a common Bond. (Forgive the pun)

I actually just popped in here to say I noticed lovely Lala had returned and wanted to say hi.
    So welcome back @lalala2004 I do remember you. Nice to see you.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I agree. With everyone. And everything.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    That's more like it @Thunderfinger! We should all be mellow and non-confrontational. I bet you like Brosnan too, now that you've found the light.
    royale65 wrote: »
    That's more like it @Thunderfinger! We should all be mellow and non-confrontational. I bet you like Brosnan too, now that you've found the light.

If people want me to, sure why not? Die Another Day is the best film ever.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Well, I wouldn't go that far. Hang on. That's offensive to people whom like daft movies. So sorry.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Said with such conviction that I almost believe you, @Thunderfinger! :D
    I am confused now. Bye.
    I am confused now. Bye.

I'm always confused, just like Raymond Chandler said he was in his 1958 interview on BBC Radio with the Master, Ian Fleming. ;)
  • Hi, @benny :-h

Of course it is. "Yo momma" made me want another Oscar for Halle so badly.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Of course it is. "Yo momma" made me want another Oscar for Halle so badly.

Now that would just be greedy! Plus we'd have to listen to another Oscar acceptance speech from her! ;)
  • TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer
    I'm confused. Did the Brosnan smack talk ever stop here or did it just go on hiatus? Or am I stuck in 2005?
    Benny wrote: »

I actually just popped in here to say I noticed lovely Lala had returned and wanted to say hi.
    Yes the return of la LaLaLa is a wonderful blast from the past
    La la la
    :))
  • timmer wrote: »

La la la

Aww, shucks
    lalala2004 wrote: »
    timmer wrote: »

La la la

Brosnan shucks

Fixed.
    lalala2004 wrote: »

La la la

Brosnan shucks

Fixed.

You never miss a chance, pal. :))
  • lalala2004 wrote: »

La la la

Brosnan shucks

Fixed.

I'm so ok with that. All that's needed was a picture of Connery to invoke the accent and I'd say your editing job was spot on.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i am done... this place finally broke me..

came to the realization that i contribute nothing but tension and divisiveness..... i offer nothing else to this site or it's community... my artwork is fucking laughable at best, and any hack off the street can step right in and contribute far better to MI6 Confidential and this website - in fact, i openly welcome it... I try my best to contribute anything meaningful that i can - but in the end, it's a futile exercise in desperation of acceptance...

I am just a miserable fat clown that apparently has nothing better to do than be a lightning rod of insults and hostility towards other members... congrats to everyone, i am gone, and forgotten about by tomorrow.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @haserot what happened? Don't just go without a reason. I care about you buddy and enjoy what you contributed and you certainly won't be forgotten. what's going on? I may not be a mod but I'll help eliminate the problem.
    @haserot I'll miss you - we seemed to get along fine as far as my memory goes. I wish you'd stay, but I won't stop you if you really want to leave.
    Yes,who gave you permission to leave? And I enjoy your artwork.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Please come back @haserot. :(
    Come on, @haserot. Surely there's no need for you to leave. You've been with us for so long and these immediate responses from other valued members prove you are most appreciated here.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2015 Posts: 23,883
    @haserot, I don't post on this thread often, but I personally value your opinions on here. You're a voice of reason and a knowledgeable film nut, and you add a little intellect & rational thought to these forums.

I don't know what happened but you should reconsider this uncharacteristicly ill conceived decision... Immediately!
    Yes, and put back all those deleted posts! You have some work to do, @haserot. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @haserot, are you sure you're talking about yourself, because the words "divisive," "laughable," and "futile" are not words I'd use to describe your personality and behavior. Far more suitable terms would be "creative," "sharp," "level-headed," and "professional." I don't know what happened recently to make you think you're a burden to the forums, something that is clearly not the case, evidenced by all of us appealing to you, but part of our job here as members is to lift up those who need support in any way we can.

We've had struggles lately holding on to good members like yourself who, for whatever reason, become tempted to leave for good. What those individuals don't realize is just what that leaves the rest of us with: as more great members leave the balance tips in the favor of the trolls and those who are here only to spread negativity and hatred.

It's clear to see that we all appreciate your opinions on Bond, salivate over your creative talents, and want you to stick around and have a good time with us. We're far stronger together than apart, and nothing is ever going to change that. I hope to see you back on the forums again soon, my friend. :)>-