What's really left of Fleming to adapt?

1235»

Comments

CR: the discussion of the nature of evil. Too long to fully reproduce on film, but some of the lines would work.

LALD: The gold-coin smuggling/lost treasure plot is still compelling, has an old-fashioned adventure vibe, and it's one of the few plotlines the movies haven't used.

MR: Bond and Gala getting caught in a landslide at Dover, a warhead going off at sea, Bond goading Drax into beating him up and leaving behind the very tool he needs tp escape.

DAF: Tiffany Case and her hot/cold neurotic interactions with Bond, the Spang twins, the scene in the mud baths, Spectreville and Bond taking on the train.

FRWL: Having the story end with Bond being "fatally" poisoned at the end.

DN: The obstacle course--complete with the squid (good CGI)--and Dr. No's speeches on power and reality.

GF: Bond on night duty, writing Stay Alive!

TB: The melancholy ending with Bond collapsing in Domino's arms

TSWLM: Bond being mistaken for another gangster when he arrives to save the day, the Bond girl being warned that Bond is the flipside of his enemies.

OHMSS: Tracy telling Bond he's a lousy lover and kicking him out of bed!

YOLT: The garden of death, Bond getting amnesia and wandering into enemy territory [a good way to end the final Craig film].

TMWTGG: Amnesiac Bond returning to kill M [a good way to begin the first post-Craig film], the train shootout and killing of Scaramanga, Bond turning down a knighthood.
    Revelator wrote: »
    CR: the discussion of the nature of evil. Too long to fully reproduce on film, but some of the lines would work.

LALD: The gold-coin smuggling/lost treasure plot is still compelling, has an old-fashioned adventure vibe, and it's one of the few plotlines the movies haven't used.

MR: Bond and Gala getting caught in a landslide at Dover, a warhead going off at sea, Bond goading Drax into beating him up and leaving behind the very tool he needs tp escape.

DAF: Tiffany Case and her hot/cold neurotic interactions with Bond, the Spang twins, the scene in the mud baths, Spectreville and Bond taking on the train.

FRWL: Having the story end with Bond being "fatally" poisoned at the end.

DN: The obstacle course--complete with the squid (good CGI)--and Dr. No's speeches on power and reality.

GF: Bond on night duty, writing Stay Alive!

TB: The melancholy ending with Bond collapsing in Domino's arms

TSWLM: Bond being mistaken for another gangster when he arrives to save the day, the Bond girl being warned that Bond is the flipside of his enemies.

OHMSS: Tracy telling Bond he's a lousy lover and kicking him out of bed!

YOLT: The garden of death, Bond getting amnesia and wandering into enemy territory [a good way to end the final Craig film].

TMWTGG: Amnesiac Bond returning to kill M [a good way to begin the first post-Craig film], the train shootout and killing of Scaramanga, Bond turning down a knighthood.

There's quite a lot, come to think of it. And this is only from the major stuff.
  • @revelator I do like the idea of a Bond film ending on a cliffhanger ala FRWL. I know in the past they wouldn't have wanted to do it, but I think they could get away with it in the age of quick DVD/Bluray turn arounds, Hulu, Netflix, etc...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Isn t there already a thread for this, from the future?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Isn t there already a thread for this, from the future?

No, that's in the past.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    No, you re right. The other thread is older. We had two similar threads the last four years.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    No, you re right. The other thread is older. We had two similar threads the last four years.

I was just joking there but yes, this topic does up a fair bit in here.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 676
    AceHole wrote: »
    The whole Bond/Drax dynamic has never really been done, and Blades would be an interesting venue for Fiennes 'M' character exploration...
    Would love to see Bond play cards again, and it would be a great use of Fiennes - a good ten minute stretch of the movie where M is featured.
    The most you could make out of TSWLM is Bond and meets the girl at a motel and there's a fight.
    Sounds good to me. There's a fantastic episode at a motel in Trigger Mortis that reminded me of TSWLM - that could be used as well.

Would also love to see the "Garden of Death" and the squid fight (yes, I know it is ridiculous, but that's Bond for ya) in the next film. Blofeld's hideout should be like a nightmare. Maybe he keeps a pet octopus? That would also be from Fleming.

Lots of DAF could also be used, including the Spang twins and the climax in Spectreville involving the boot-stomping and train (again, these things are ridiculous, but I am all for that).

Hell, I don't know why it's such a struggle for EON to put together a Bond story when there's all this material left to be adapted still.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited April 2017 Posts: 5,131
    LALD: Underwater swim to the Isle of Surprise and the Baracudas.
    TB: Underwater swim with Barracudas.
    YOLT: Garden of Death.

All really amazing plot points.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    That sounds marvelous.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Yep.