SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    smitty wrote: »
    Me too. I'm totally stumped why he is doing Colbert who dissed him in a rather snotty routine last week over the razor blade remark, while Fallon, and in particular Kimmel have been consistently friendly. Kimmel gave QOS a huge week long play. Colbert also has lesser ratings. I could also see him baiting Craig in the interview for press. I continue to think Craig's PR rep sucks. She never seems to do her homework. But then, he is no doubt tough to advise.

Well Kimmel is located in LA so there's no point going out there just for one talk show when you do can do 3-4 of them in New York. Maybe Daniel just likes Colbert more? Surely the stars get a say in what shows they want to do. I remember him being on Colbert's old Comedy central show and they arm wrestled. But going on Jimmy Fallon, he might try to get him to do one of his "wacky" games 8-|

Personally I've always felt that Craig does better in more intellectual interviews rather than the gigglefest that is Fallon, which is why I think he's doing Colbert and Meyers.

But having said that, Colbert's celeb interviews have been really hit and miss since he started 'The Late Show', so I'm not really sure what to expect. I was hoping his tendency to constantly talk over the top of the guests, was just something his character did on 'The Colbert Report', but sadly it's not. Jack Black barely got a word in when he was on, and he's one of those guests that can really go mental if they're in the mood.

Although he didn't really say much, Craig did do well when he was on 'The Colbert Report' for GWTDT, and that's a hard show to be a guest on. But I am worried, as I think most of us are, that Colbert will bring up that shitty monologue he did about the wrist comments, which he did about a week and half after most people were over it.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    Is there a live feed for tonight?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Hmmmm interesting last comment Craig makes about Bond and Q.
    doubleoego wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. :D
  • RC7RC7

It's happening. Like he said the relationships are starting the bear fruit now. I think those who believe DC is done are kidding themselves.

• And I find it hard to believe that Fiennes, Harris, and Whishaw were only signed for 2 films. Had to me more of a 3-4 film contract, right? What's interesting is that the new Q, M, and Moneypenny all have specific relationships to Daniel Craig's Bond. When it comes time for a new Bond, they're going to have to recast all those too. (Though I can see them keeping Fiennes on as M, as they did with Judi).

Otherwise, what, are they just going to stick Idris Elba (ugh/lol) in there and pretend he's the same guy who Moneypenny shot?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    RC7 wrote: »

It's happening. Like he said the relationships are starting the bear fruit now. I think those who believe DC is done are kidding themselves.

How long can/will he go on, in your opinion?
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

How long can/will he go on, in your opinion?

Who knows? Right now I can see another on the horizon.
    Roll on Sunday when i go see it again!!! :-bd
  • I hope that the mi6 crew stays on for while and with a new bond actor like usual. I think that if they actually have smaller parts like especially during the moore era that they would be able to stay on for a while. It's cool to have them more involved in the plot every once in a while and with spectre but usually their parts should be smaller.
  • So is there a live stream for the Mexico premiere?
  • yes there is -
  • http://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/james-bond-daniel-craig-is-not-gone-yet/

Today in Reading Between The Lines Of Things Daniel Craig Says : "Well I'm not gone yet."
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    http://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/james-bond-daniel-craig-is-not-gone-yet/

Today in Reading Between The Lines Of Things Daniel Craig Says : "Well I'm not gone yet."
    What more do we need?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    "I'm not gone yet."

Love hearing this.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,116
    jake24 wrote: »
    http://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/james-bond-daniel-craig-is-not-gone-yet/

What more do we need?

Saying "I'll stay even though Mendes won't".

Almost not worth having Craig if have to take another chance with Mendes.

I am looking forward to SP and in enjoy his direction but I don't want a third.

As far as Craig we won't know for sure until closer to B25. Could just be backtracking.
    It'd be great to have Craig for at least one more. I'm just worried we might get another YOLT-type situation where Craig isn't as enthusiastic in the role like Connery was in his movie.
  • Any of you think that all the international crises, sanctions, et al. have ruined Russian-English relations? I'm happy to see that the Spectre PR machine is going full throttle in Russia and the film's stars are getting a hot reception.

Russia's leading business newspaper, Vedomosti, interviewed Daniel Craig: https://www.vedomosti.ru/lifestyle/characters/2015/11/03/615328-deniel-kreig-eto-protivostoyanii-cheloveka-tehnologii

I'm sorry I can't translate the whole article, but here are a few answers I found really interesting:

"Regarding whether I'll play Bond again: to be honest, I don't know. The rumours don't upset me. I just want Bond to be played by good actors."

"From the very beginning, I moonlighted as a producer on my Bond films, but now Barbara and Michael officially added me to the list - I'm very proud."

"It's true that in Hollywood there is a struggle against sexism and that there are not many roles for older women, unlike men. But we didn't aim to make some big statement. There was a role, and Monica Bellucci was the best fit for it."

"In our [train fight] scene with Dave, it was really us in nearly every frame. We shot it over three weeks. One scene! For such work, you need to be in good shape: train, eat right, don't drink... at least don't drink until the weekend."

"I know Pierce Brosnan a bit, but we're like anti-matter: we can't be under one roof for too long. When I come in, he disappears. "Hello, how are you? How is family?" - I'm happy to meet these people and we never talk about Bond. We're just normal people. I know that Roger likes me. I'm a fan of his. But it wouldn't be right for me to approach him and yell "I'm a huge fan of yours!" Even though that's exactly what I did."

Also, someone sent me this Youtube video of Ralph Fiennes giving a speech in Russian at the Moscow premiere. What a talented man!

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Thanks, @GeneralGogol. Interesting read.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    A little article about the product placement in the movie:
    http://www.jborbisnonsufficit.com/2015/11/03/bond-for-business/
  • tqbtqb
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NlFKgFa99Uw

Craig says he isn't sure where they could take the franchise yet, but is sure that Spectre has opened doors to keep moving the franchise if needed.
  • Does anyone have a rip of the new special feature "The Story So Far"?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    hthomas20 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a rip of the new special feature "The Story So Far"?

You literally aren't missing a single thing.
    Interviews with Mendes and Craig. Click on the names to read them http://www.jborbisnonsufficit.com/2015/11/04/sam-mendes-and-daniel-craig-talk-to-den-of-geek/
    edited November 2015 Posts: 630
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I was overjoyed with whishaws casting to begin with. I now hear he is the star of the show in SPECTRE. :D
  • RC7RC7
    I was overjoyed with whishaws casting to begin with. I now hear he is the star of the show in SPECTRE. :D

He's superb.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    He has some brilliant scenes. :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    He has some brilliant scenes. :)