SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

so does this track listing line up with the December draft?

1. Los Muertos Vivos Estan (featuring Tambuco)
    2. Vauxhall Bridge
    3. The Eternal City
    4. Donna Lucia
    5. A Place Without Mercy
    6. Backfire
    7. Crows Klinik
    8. The Pale King
    9. Madeleine
    10. Kite In A Hurricane
    11. Snow Plane
    12. L'Americain
    13. Secret Room
    14. Hinx
    15. Writing's On The Wall (Instrumental)
    16. Silver Wraith
    17. A Reunion
    18. Day Of The Dead (featuring Tambuco)
    19. Tempus Fugit
    20. Safe House
    21. Blindfold
    22. Careless
    23. Detonation
    24. Westminster Bridge
    25. Out Of Bullets
    26. Spectre (End Title)
    It does! A couple things seem a bit out of order - particularly, the "Crows Klinik" track should come between "Kite in a Hurricane" and "Snow Plane." But yes, this follows the script pretty much exactly.

You are right! how come the clinic scenes are before the pale king? unless they messed up the track order just to throw people off. I am curious about the 'Silver Wraith' is that the spectre ring? Also, a 'Day of the Dead' track after the reunion with Blofeld? maybe its just a refrain ... referring to the title of the movie. 'Out of bullets' also seems like an odd title for bond driving away with Madeline ... maybe that cue will be in the spectre end titles (the bond theme).
  • @mnhettia: I don't know why but for some reason I was thinking that the Silver Wraith was the car that takes them to ESB's lair. But that's a black Phantom so I am probably wrong.

Also, my guess is that "Out of Bullets" is ironic - Bond isn't out of bullets but chooses not to shoot. So I imagine that track is the final confrontation between Bond and Blofeld (and the preceding track, actually titled "Westminster Bridge", is the chase leading up to the downed helicopter).
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 5,745
    @mnhettia: I don't know why but for some reason I was thinking that the Silver Wraith was the car that takes them to ESB's lair. But that's a black Phantom so I am probably wrong.

Also, my guess is that "Out of Bullets" is ironic - Bond isn't out of bullets but chooses not to shoot. So I imagine that track is the final confrontation between Bond and Blofeld (and the preceding track, actually titled "Westminster Bridge", is the chase leading up to the downed helicopter).

I too thought Silver Wraith was the car, but it is a Phantom. Perhaps we're wrong though, it may be a Wraith. (I hope not, I wrote an article about it). The Other Rolls-Royce in the film is also a Phantom, but modern, and not a Wraith either.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    @mnhettia: I don't know why but for some reason I was thinking that the Silver Wraith was the car that takes them to ESB's lair. But that's a black Phantom so I am probably wrong.

I too thought Silver Wraith was the car, but it is a Phantom. Perhaps we're wrong though, it may be a Wraith. (I hope not, I wrote an article about it). The Other Rolls-Royce in the film is also a Phantom, but modern, and not a Wraith either.

I can't think what else that track could possibly be, though. It's in the exact location, scriptwise, where the Phantom picks up Bond and Madeleine at the station.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    I wonder if Silver Wraith is just a play on the Silver Lady, ie the winged messenger that's delivering Bond and Madeleine to Blofeld
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 3,161
    10. Kite In A Hurricane
    11. Snow Plane
    12. L'Americain : Morocco, streetscenes
    13. Secret Room: Morocco, the hotel
    14. Hinx
    15. Writing's On The Wall (Instrumental) - Train leaving station.
    16. Silver Wraith - fight in the train. Kitchen.
    17. A Reunion - Train.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    10. Kite In A Hurricane
    11. Snow Plane
    12. L'Americain : Morocco, streetscenes
    13. Secret Room: Morocco, the hotel
    14. Hinx
    15. Writing's On The Wall (Instrumental) - Train leaving station.
    16. Silver Wraith - fight in the train. Kitchen.
    17. A Reunion - Train.

Isn't Hinx in a grey/silver suit on the train? Wraith (ghost) could refer to him "dying" in Austria.
  • I assumed "Hinx" was the train fight.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Silver wraith could be the car
  • GoldenballGoldenball United States
    mnhettia wrote: »

2. Vauxhall Bridge
    3. The Eternal City
    4. Donna Lucia
    5. A Place Without Mercy
    6. Backfire
    7. Crows Klinik
    8. The Pale King
    9. Madeleine
    10. Kite In A Hurricane
    11. Snow Plane
    12. L'Americain
    13. Secret Room
    14. Hinx
    16. Silver Wraith
    17. A Reunion
    19. Tempus Fugit
    20. Safe House
    21. Blindfold
    22. Careless
    23. Detonation
    24. Westminster Bridge
    25. Out Of Bullets
    26. Spectre (End Title)

Not even a hint of The James Bond Theme. Bit of a bummer.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Goldenball wrote: »

2. Vauxhall Bridge
    3. The Eternal City
    4. Donna Lucia
    5. A Place Without Mercy
    6. Backfire
    7. Crows Klinik
    8. The Pale King
    9. Madeleine
    10. Kite In A Hurricane
    11. Snow Plane
    12. L'Americain
    13. Secret Room
    14. Hinx
    16. Silver Wraith
    17. A Reunion
    19. Tempus Fugit
    20. Safe House
    21. Blindfold
    22. Careless
    23. Detonation
    24. Westminster Bridge
    25. Out Of Bullets
    26. Spectre (End Title)

How on earth can you tell?
    Would be hugely disappointing. They need to use it more not less
    mcdonbb wrote: »

2. Vauxhall Bridge
    3. The Eternal City
    4. Donna Lucia
    5. A Place Without Mercy
    6. Backfire
    7. Crows Klinik
    8. The Pale King
    9. Madeleine
    10. Kite In A Hurricane
    11. Snow Plane
    12. L'Americain
    13. Secret Room
    14. Hinx
    16. Silver Wraith
    17. A Reunion
    19. Tempus Fugit
    20. Safe House
    21. Blindfold
    22. Careless
    23. Detonation
    24. Westminster Bridge
    25. Out Of Bullets
    26. Spectre (End Title)

Precisely. It's not going to be "The Bond Theme #1 - #26" all spelled out.

I'd say there is a good chance that the British locations are likely to get service from the theme, if slightly-to-heavily altered.
    The action scenes will probably have it to - remember Craig on the train in Skyfall? We got a full string of recognizable notes!

There's precedent from Newman for the theme to be there. You're not going to have a clue from a bunch of names on a track list.

What it does tell us is that he likely didn't record his own version - again, as I'd imagine that would feature on the soundtrack.
    mcdonbb wrote: »

2. Vauxhall Bridge
    3. The Eternal City
    4. Donna Lucia
    5. A Place Without Mercy
    6. Backfire
    7. Crows Klinik
    8. The Pale King
    9. Madeleine
    10. Kite In A Hurricane
    11. Snow Plane
    12. L'Americain
    13. Secret Room
    14. Hinx
    16. Silver Wraith
    17. A Reunion
    19. Tempus Fugit
    20. Safe House
    21. Blindfold
    22. Careless
    23. Detonation
    24. Westminster Bridge
    25. Out Of Bullets
    26. Spectre (End Title)

Wouldn't they have to recognize Monty Norman? Like usually.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Wouldn't they have to recognize Monty Norman? Like usually.

Yes and I'm sure they do on the jacket and in the film.

• cwl007cwl007 England
    Using my fantastic detective skills I have worked out that the DB10 has an ejector seat. Very
    Exciting. :D
  • So anymore updates on gun barrel placement. ?
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 330
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Using my fantastic detective skills I have worked out that the DB10 has an ejector seat. Very

How have you found that out may I ask. Also, I'm happy with the flamethrower, that's an amazing idea.
  • OMG. I've just ready what the car does, but hope it's executed well. Spoilers. You have been warned. Read on if you wish to find out more about the car.
    The car features four buttons, reading "Atmosphere", "Exhaust", "Air", and "Backfire". There is also a joystick-like device next to the parking brake. At some point, bond switches the "Backfire" toggle, which produces a sentry machine gun from the rear of the car, which Bond can control with the joystick. "Exhaust" is some sort of flamethrower device, and there is a great gag when Bond selects the "Atmosphere" toggle (I'll save that for when you see the film). The "Air" switch, in true Goldfinger-DB5 fashion, can eject Bond from the car if selected. The chase ends when one of the vehicles plummets into the River Tiber.
  • cwl007 wrote: »

That should have had a spoiler tag though !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Omg. I hear James Bond gets laid in this movie. Uh oh. Sorry. Forgot the spoiler alert.
    So anymore updates on gun barrel placement. ?
    It's at the start after the Columbia Pictures logo
    OMG. I've just ready what the car does, but hope it's executed well. Spoilers. You have been warned. Read on if you wish to find out more about the car.
    The car features four buttons, reading "Atmosphere", "Exhaust", "Air", and "Backfire". There is also a joystick-like device next to the parking brake. At some point, bond switches the "Backfire" toggle, which produces a sentry machine gun from the rear of the car, which Bond can control with the joystick. "Exhaust" is some sort of flamethrower device, and there is a great gag when Bond selects the "Atmosphere" toggle (I'll save that for when you see the film). The "Air" switch, in true Goldfinger-DB5 fashion, can eject Bond from the car if selected. The chase ends when one of the vehicles plummets into the River Tiber.

Ha! I wrote that article :)
    The fun thing about the DB10 is, that it is not Bond's car.
    He steals it from 009.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 3,161
    cwl007 wrote: »
    That should have had a spoiler tag though !!!!!!!!!!!!
    You don't need a spoilertag inside a thread titled "SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!"
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Hi, sorry about not using spoiler tag. Didn't realise needed to on this Spoiler thread after the many things discussed here over last few weeks. My mistake. :)
    The basis of my guesswork is: in the latest Top Gear magazine a button that mustn't be mentioned is strongly hinted at. Also I think Jonathan Ross cleverly cajoled Christophe Waltz into saying it last night when talking about his toy car as a child.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    There is no need for spoiler tags on this thread.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Thank you.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    OMG. I've just ready what the car does, but hope it's executed well. Spoilers. You have been warned. Read on if you wish to find out more about the car.

Ha! I wrote that article :)

nice.