SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

There's a cover of the theme from the trailer available on iTunes (well, on the French iTunes, at least). It's played by Vivo Di Diamanti. The soundtrack is not available yet, though.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 2,015
    QBranch wrote: »
    Boycotting Spectre, that CGI fiasco.
    When you're out of the movie, do you think that as far as the PTS is concerned, you'll rather talk about the collapsing building CGI-mixed with the stuntman, or about the helicopter stunts done for real ?

Boycotting Spectre, that CGI fiasco.
    When you're out of the movie, do you think that as far as the PTS is concerned, you'll rather talk about the collapsing building CGI-mixed with the stuntman, or about the helicopter stunts done for real ?

A lot of comments about the helicopter stunt in the trailer do seem to dismiss it as CGI sadly.
  • Cowley wrote: »
    A lot of comments about the helicopter stunt in the trailer do seem to dismiss it as CGI sadly.

Yes, all those who defend such use of CGI like the Avengers jump because it's "better for the movie" should ask actors and stuntmen how they feel how about it. And CG artist too, btw :)

The helicopter stunt will be the stunt everyone will be talking about, not the CG Avengers jump. No need to "defend" it then, it won't be much remembered I think.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    That's funny if some people are complaining how bad the CGI helicopter is since it was done for real.

Just proves some people have no clue.
    I hear that the helicopter roll is going to be accompanied by a slide whistle in the sound track as an homage.
  • =))
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 5,745
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    That's funny if some people are complaining how bad the CGI helicopter is since it was done for real.

It's not about what people know, it's what they perceive.
    If it looks fake, doesn't matter if it is or not, that's bad.

The only doubt one should have over whether or not it was done for real should come from the amazement and disbelief that it can be done for real.

When the camera angle and over-saturated color of the edit makes a real stunt look fake, you've done something wrong.

ALSO, to everybody - QBranch was being sarcastic. He's not boycotting the film.
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

The only doubt one should have over whether or not it was done for real should come from the amazement and disbelief that it can be done for real.

When the camera angle and over-saturated color of the edit makes a real stunt look fake, you've done something wrong.

Agree whole heartedly
    Skyfail wrote: »

Agree whole heartedly

Doesn't look fake... the camera follows the action. Of course we haven't seen the film yet but doubt it will.

Some new footage in this OMEGA spot:
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 13,944
    Are there any spoilers in that spot, regarding if/what the watch does other than tell the time? Like the look of it though, it has grown on me a lot. Stoked they've gone back to the NATO strap. Still prefer the Broz SMP though.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    No spoilers, just very brief glimpses of moments not seen in the trailer.

The scenes featured all been seen in previous trailers, just different camera angles and cuts from the action sequences
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Are there any spoilers in that spot, regarding if/what the watch does other than tell the time?

Don't watch it
    edited October 2015 Posts: 13,944
    Are there any spoilers in that spot, regarding if/what the watch does other than tell the time?
    Don't watch it
    Cheers, @7.65mm. I'm saving a few surprises for the big event! Still successfully avoiding the theme song too!
    If you are actually boycotting, your choice.
    :)) Poe's law here- now I can't tell if you are being sarcastic! I find it amusing that such a comment could be taken seriously. Do we really have members here that extreme? :O
    Haha, it was a subtle response to @Gustav being pissed off by all the negative CGI talk. I suppose that's what I get for not posting 24/7 like I used to... some members are not aware I joke around a lot!
    When you're out of the movie, do you think that as far as the PTS is concerned, you'll rather talk about the collapsing building CGI-mixed with the stuntman, or about the helicopter stunts done for real?
    The CGI stuff doesn't really bother me, to be honest. Of course I have my opinions like any other- I thought the Komodos, among other things in SF were really well done. Silva's mouth- good, but not top notch. But to answer your question, the insane stunts are what really stick in one's mind after viewing. I'm looking forward to seeing that helicopter stunt in SP- wasn't sure if it was CGI or for real. I've seen them do back flips, but never a corkscrew, didn't know if it was possible until watching a Red Bull video just now.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited October 2015 Posts: 3,157
    antovolk wrote: »
    "It tells the time" :)) :)) :))
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    New Tv spot:

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Don't watch it
    Cheers, @7.65mm. I'm saving a few surprises for the big event! Still successfully avoiding the theme song too!
    If you are actually boycotting, your choice.
    :)) Poe's law here- now I can't tell if you are being sarcastic! I find it amusing that such a comment could be taken seriously. Do we really have members here that extreme? :O
    Haha, it was a subtle response to @Gustav being pissed off by all the negative CGI talk. I suppose that's what I get for not posting 24/7 like I used to... some members are not aware I joke around a lot!
    When you're out of the movie, do you think that as far as the PTS is concerned, you'll rather talk about the collapsing building CGI-mixed with the stuntman, or about the helicopter stunts done for real?
    The CGI stuff doesn't really bother me, to be honest. Of course I have my opinions like any other- I thought the Komodos, among other things in SF were really well done. Silva's mouth- good, but not top notch. But to answer your question, the insane stunts are what really stick in one's mind after viewing. I'm looking forward to seeing that helicopter stunt in SP- wasn't sure if it was CGI or for real. I've seen them do back flips, but never a corkscrew, didn't know if it was possible until watching a Red Bull video just now.

This forum is rampant with extremists and extreme comments ..to which I'm learning to dismiss.

Not being sarcastic.

=))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Are there any spoilers in that spot, regarding if/what the watch does other than tell the time? Like the look of it though, it has grown on me a lot. Stoked they've gone back to the NATO strap. Still prefer the Broz SMP though.

The watch is a time traveller device. (Spoiler!)
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    edited October 2015 Posts: 306
    antovolk wrote: »

LOL! Awesome! :))
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Yeah, that's a pretty funny ad.
    The watch is a time traveller device. (Spoiler!)
    Thanks. Now I need one of them to unlearn this. Paradox!
  • New TV Spot

Am I getting used to the color filtering, or are they experimenting with it in every spot?
    Oh that's the full 30s version of Spot 9 - awesome!!
    It does look like they toned down the yellow, or brought some of the colour through, and the collapsing building looks really good here.
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    This new spot is good, but it lacks "Trailer voice-over" man saying "Rated PG-13" as rapidly as humanly possible at the end. The grading and sound editing seem improved in this one.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    So what other Sony Picture youtube channels do we have to watch. There's US, UK, Australia, Germany, Spain, Singapore...