SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    Take A First Look Behind The Scenes Of The New James Bond Movie “Spectre”

The next day when we arrived on set, it was like we were movie stars ourselves. Eager fans of the 007 franchise lined up behind barricades to witness the filming. This scene was massive. There were over 1,500 extras all wearing makeup and elaborate costumes to help recreate the Day of the Dead celebration. That’s where we will first see Bond in the new movie. He is entertaining a young lady when he sees an assassination take place. He jets out of his hotel room, chases a bad guy across the roof of The Gran Hotel, and then continues in hot pursuit through the Day Of The Dead Celebration.

14440596588633.jpg?w=1024&h=768

The fight continues on a helicopter – all of this was done live and was completely real. Well, as real as you can when your goal is not to hurt anyone.

We got to witness part of that stellar scene get filmed
    and take a look at some of the costumes the extras were wearing.

14440596635315.jpg?w=1024&h=1365

Overall, it was a great experience getting to chat with the new Bond girl Lea Seydoux and one of my favorite wrestlers-turned-movie-stars Dave Batista in order to give you your first full look into Spectre, which hits theaters on November 6th.

http://globalgrind.com/2015/10/05/james-bond-spectre-behind-the-scenes/
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The next day when we arrived on set, it was like we were movie stars ourselves. Eager fans of the 007 franchise lined up behind barricades to witness the filming. This scene was massive. There were over 1,500 extras all wearing makeup and elaborate costumes to help recreate the Day of the Dead celebration. That’s where we will first see Bond in the new movie. He is entertaining a young lady when he sees an assassination take place. He jets out of his hotel room, chases a bad guy across the roof of The Gran Hotel, and then continues in hot pursuit through the Day Of The Dead Celebration.

Bond is getting a lot of action with the ladies this time round.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 4,622
    I don't think he sees an assassination take place. Bond is the assassin. He leaves the lady, Estrella, to to do the job. He is there to take out Sciarra, but Sciarra ducks the hit and then all hell breaks loose.

The hooded Bond and the car crash don't directly jive with anything in the leaked Dec script.
    Seems we have a few tweaks.
  • From what I can tell, the first two acts are pretty much identical to the script, but the third act seems to have undergone several changes (although the major action beats still look to be in place).
    timmer wrote: »
    I don't think he sees an assassination take place. Bond is the assassin. He leaves the lady, Estrella, to to do the job. He is there to take out Sciarra, but Sciarra ducks the hit and then all hell breaks loose.

The hooded Bond and the car crash don't directly jive with anything in the leaked Dec script.
    Seems we have a few tweaks.

I'm thinking that the crash seen in the final trailer might be where the script changed. Perhaps the MI6 team is ambushed and Bond taken to the old MI6 building to confront Oberhauser in a game of cat and mouse to find Swann, while the others end up at the CNS building as seen in a recent tv spot where M ultimately does battle with C. The Thames, Westminster bridge and final seen outside the Q's garage seem to be intact.

Or not.
    @Brimar
    If it's M instead of Bond that ends up dealing with C, it would mean that the CR reference is scrapped, and that would be a damn shame.
  • I have to disagree, @Zekidk. I thought the reference was pointless and - more importantly - anticlimactic. I'd much rather see M and C throw down! This is the climax of the movie, after all, not an opening scene. The scene as written in the script is, in my opinion, too abrupt and boring.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited October 2015 Posts: 15,423
    In an earlier draft than the last one we've had, it was M again putting C down in front of many people. Then it was rewritten with Bond. But, it looks like Jez Butterworth redone that with M, again... the only thing added into it is that I believe there will be a clash between Mallory and C, judging by the trailer released back in July, a two or three frame of it was seen in the video.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 3,167
    @PDJamesBond
    As if there isn't enough action in SP already. I'd rather have more one-liners and clever dialogue, than another fight scene. The "some people never learn" was magnificent, closing the circle which started in the CR PCS.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    For me it's better for M to finish C because the two of them have rivalry throughout the film and Bond should finish Waltz.
  • You do make a point, @Zekidk. Normally I do agree that I'd rather have one-liners and clever dialogue. But in this case, since C is one of the main baddies, and since this is our climax, I like the way it's shaping up. I'm hoping for some cross-cutting between the M/C fight and Bond chasing after Madeleine. But to each his own - we can agree to disagree in this case.

One thing I'm sure we CAN agree on is that the next month is going to be unbearable!
    I kinda like the idea of a superior figure like 'M' of MI6 tackle his equal at MI5 'C' (whose goal seems to be to take down the OO's) and have James tackle his own equal nemesis in Oberhauser. Could be some interesting cross cutting. And Fiennes is perfect for the job.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    @Brimar
    If it's M instead of Bond that ends up dealing with C, it would mean that the CR reference is scrapped, and that would be a damn shame.

I agree the line would have been great though.

• Brimar wrote: »
    @Brimar

For those of us who don't have the script.. can you elaborate on what was said?
    Brimar wrote: »
    @Brimar

For those of us who don't have the script.. can you elaborate on what was said?

I have only read the October outline and what others here have said about the Dec. draft, but I
    believe after Bond dispenses of Denbeigh he says, "Some people never learn" as a nod to the PTS of CR.

Apologies if I am wrong regarding the line to those who know.
    SF told us that M could handle himself, it would seen strange to drop that and see him behind a desk for the rest of the series, having him in the thick of it adds a new dimension that we have never seen before
    so DC admitted that the studio was pushing for bond 24 & 25 to be shot back to back. if they condensed the story to one movie what do you guys and girls think they would have looked like?
    Sam Mendes pitched two story ideas, according to his latest interview. Only one of them is used, obviously. Now, back-to-back, I would say it was not Spectre's premise.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 832
    anyone else feel like the title sequence described in the script wouldn't work with WOTW?
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    WOTW is a slow song.
    Using some parts only it should work correctly
  • in regards to the gun barrel I know we are all pretty sure the gun barrel is back at the start but what are people's hopes for music and design? I personally go back to the brosnan barrel.

Here's a video I made after Skyfall came out with musc specific to the Craig era of which my fav is an orchestrated YKMK as his alternative Bond theme much like say the 007 theme.

• Sam Mendes pitched two story ideas, according to his latest interview. Only one of them is used, obviously. Now, back-to-back, I would say it was not Spectre's premise.

Link

• Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    anyone else feel like the title sequence described in the script wouldn't work with WOTW?
    Well the lyrics 'I've been near before/spent a life time running seem to fit the showing his past.
  • Ottofuse8 wrote: »

I think it would work quite well actually, mind you what's written into the script isn't much so I don't think it would be hard to work into what Kleinman was envisioning.
  • 00Dalton wrote: »
    in regards to the gun barrel I know we are all pretty sure the gun barrel is back at the start but what are people's hopes for music and design? I personally go back to the brosnan barrel.

The Brosnan era gunbarrel was the best, loved the integration of Maurice Binder's classic design as a reflection of a 3D model, pure genius.

I didn't like CR and QOS gunbarrels, the first had too many reflections and swirls IMO, the latter looked flat, dark and uninspired.

On the other hand i liked the SF gunbarrel, simple and with depth, although it needed some reflections and blood fixed.

I think they should stick with SF gunbarrel, slap some texture and reflections on it, tweak the blood and give it a good theme music.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Reading back on a couple of pages... there was the idea of Bond being tortured by Oberhauser using his Nano Blood - and reading the stats to see his pain levels. That seems like an awesome idea... though from what I've seen it doesn't remain.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 15,423
    00Dalton wrote: »
    Sam Mendes pitched two story ideas, according to his latest interview. Only one of them is used, obviously. Now, back-to-back, I would say it was not Spectre's premise.

Link
    @00Dalton, here it is.

http://www.timeout.com/london/film/sam-mendes-on-daniel-craig-killing-off-m-and-returning-to-bond-for-spectre
    Mallory wrote: »
    Reading back on a couple of pages... there was the idea of Bond being tortured by Oberhauser using his Nano Blood - and reading the stats to see his pain levels. That seems like an awesome idea... though from what I've seen it doesn't remain.

I agree. That kind of idea should have stayed there, but I'm glad they edited the abduction of Q out of the script. If you also ask me, Bond playing poker with Oberhauser kind of seems pointless along with the 'cuckoo' metaphor.
    so does this track listing line up with the December draft?

1. Los Muertos Vivos Estan (featuring Tambuco)
    2. Vauxhall Bridge
    3. The Eternal City
    4. Donna Lucia
    5. A Place Without Mercy
    6. Backfire
    7. Crows Klinik
    8. The Pale King
    9. Madeleine
    10. Kite In A Hurricane
    11. Snow Plane
    12. L'Americain
    13. Secret Room
    14. Hinx
    15. Writing's On The Wall (Instrumental)
    16. Silver Wraith
    17. A Reunion
    18. Day Of The Dead (featuring Tambuco)
    19. Tempus Fugit
    20. Safe House
    21. Blindfold
    22. Careless
    23. Detonation
    24. Westminster Bridge
    25. Out Of Bullets
    26. Spectre (End Title)
  • It does! A couple things seem a bit out of order - particularly, the "Crows Klinik" track should come between "Kite in a Hurricane" and "Snow Plane." But yes, this follows the script pretty much exactly.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    The Mail on Sunday this coming Sunday are giving away a DVD of behind the scenes from Spectre. Only available at Tesco.