Sharp stuff you own.

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 13,942
    Haha, I think GG is kidding. Something to do with being a fencing champion who frequents a club called 'Blades'.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    QBranch wrote: »
    Haha, I think GG is kidding. Something to do with being a fencing champion who frequents a club called 'Blades'.
    Yes, sharp stuff...
    :P
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jake24 wrote: »
    post-9-1273613443.jpg

Did you kill a lot of baby seals with those?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2015 Posts: 10,588
    jake24 wrote: »
    post-9-1273613443.jpg

Did you kill a lot of baby seals with those?
    Not sharp enough unfortunately.
    I'm not sure if I can return them now.
    @jake24 Are you saying you actually own those shoes? If so, that's an impressive acquisition there.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @jake24 Are you saying you actually own those shoes? If so, that's an impressive acquisition there.
    Haha no. I wish.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Not Klebb's, you know... ;)

james-bond-gadgets-dagger-shoe.jpg
    When I was a kid I had a pair of boots like Jim West's (The Wild Wild West) & I removed the heel of one and hollowed it out and put in a sharp metal piece that could be deployed by kicking a tab with the other heel. Those 60's shows were such a bad influence on kids back then... :))
    Perhaps it's me being Dutch. But....eh....this topic DOES scare me a bit :-O.

Me too. My knives are tools only. I really don't see the point of buying weapons just for the fun of it...
    Birdleson wrote: »
    You just don't understand @chrisisall . That's all. Because if you did you'd be reporting him to Homeland Security, as I have.
    So that was because of YOU!!
    Four government-types in black showed up at my door this morning before I went to work, and demanded I show them my 'arsenal' of weapons! I displayed for them my PPK airsoft guns, my Swiss Army knife, my two camping knives, my latest Rambo-style knife (that got some chuckles & whispering- then more chuckles - I don't know why- ?) and then my Samurai sword. They seemed amused by it all. One agent picked up a replica phaser off my work bench and asked if it was functional. I said it just lit up & made a sound. He said, "Too bad, we might have had you on something here."
    Thanks for nothing, @Birdleson!!! ~X(
    jobo wrote: »
    My knives are tools only. I really don't see the point of buying weapons just for the fun of it...
    I MADE this particular weapon from scratch 'just for the fun of it'!!!
    SANY8445_zpsbghdclb0.jpg
    :-??
    Was ever a collector more misunderstood? ;)

Love the phaser, @chrisisall- along with your other Trek/Airwolf stuff. The amount of time and effort that goes in is truly admirable. I haven't done much work with tangible props, just paper stuff ATM. Back to the topic though, do you have plans to make a bat'leth at any stage?
    chrisisall wrote: »
    jobo wrote: »
    My knives are tools only. I really don't see the point of buying weapons just for the fun of it...
    SANY8445_zpsbghdclb0.jpg

Aha, so you are using that weapon for hunting then I presume...

They still sing songs about The Great Tribble Hunt.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    SANY8445_zpsbghdclb0.jpg

So you're a real Trekkie

:x

Me too!

That phaser is amazing!

=D>
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Sharp but not in the usual sense, but it does have some sharp corners on some parts used. ;)
    MnpDMUg.jpg
    47Z2cTt.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    I bought a new circular saw on Saturday.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm always semi fascinated with the North American love and appeal of weapons. Guns, knives, ninja swords...anything to maim and kill with.
    Having grown up in the UK and currently living in Australia such items are not wide spread or legal.
    Is it purely a show thing, or do you all fear for your life often?
    I used to practice karate in my teens, and have always had a bit of a fascination with Chinese and Japanese martial arts and culture- hence the swords. I also have a P99 cap gun purely for the sake of my ever-growing Bond collection. Like many other inventions, I'm amazed by the mechanics/technology of firearms, but at the same time am not a fan of what they stand for. It's a weird love-hate relationship- kind of like watching a scene from a violent action film- it's just entertainment until it's repeated in real life.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    I own an Opinel no 8, which I carry everywhere. I use this knife for something pretty much every day. However, it is a tool, not a weapon, and I would never use it as such.
    opinel_no8_garden_knife1.jpg
    So you're a real Trekkie
    Me too!
    That phaser is amazing!

=D>
    Thanks! I have most of the other phasers, but this one was ridiculously expensive so I had to make my own.
    I'm amazed by the mechanics/technology of firearms, but at the same time am not a fan of what they stand for. It's a weird love-hate relationship- kind of like watching a scene from a violent action film- it's just entertainment until it's repeated in real life.
    I know precisely what you mean.
    Benny wrote: »
    I'm always semi fascinated with the North American love and appeal of weapons. Guns, knives, ninja swords...anything to maim and kill with.
    Having grown up in the UK and currently living in Australia such items are not wide spread or legal.
    Is it purely a show thing, or do you all fear for your life often?
    The Zombie Apocalypse is coming; best be prepared son.
    :)>-
    No, just kidding. It's like phasers & airsoft PPKs- just movie related prop collecting. Except for the camping & Swiss Army knives which see actual food prep use/field fix-it stuff.
    That knife is real, but it was a gift from a family friend. All my weapons I have are co2 replicas or non functioning toy guns. Which I collect for video projects as I'm striving to be a filmmaker. :P Real guns make me nervous. :))
    Murdock wrote: »
    MnpDMUg.jpg
    Bring THAT to school & you'll be in SERIOUS trouble. That DEFINITELY ain't a clock!
    :))
    Bring THAT to school & you'll be in SERIOUS trouble. That DEFINITELY ain't a clock! :))
    Too late for that. I made it for my Senior year video project, granted when I took it to school It didn't look menacing or have it's own custom table yet. :))
    my_shrink_ray_by_comandercool22.png
    Well, shrink ME!
    Well, shrink ME!
    38950314.cms
    Guess we'll be calling you "Lil Chris" now. =))
    How do I post a photo again?
    It has to be hosted on a place like Photobucket, then you copy the image listing & paste it here.
    I don't know what that is. Thanks for trying.
    Dude, go to Photobucket (Google that name, click on it) create an account (you'll be walked through it by them- it's free & pretty easy) then you upload any photos you have stored in your computer (again, they make it easy) and then you just copy there & paste here.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 16,331
    Imgur is a better website to do that. You don't even need an account. Upload the picture there and put the link inbetween [ img ] [/img ] but remove the spaces
    gZUtOCv.jpg

Mine is real.
    (Thanks @Murdock )

A squirrel gun? :))