Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I'm surprised no one has commented on the new Spectre artwork. Looks great.

You mean the album cover?

If you mean the artwork released by 007.com today, it's being discussed in the Posters thread and Production Timeline thread.

• 5815892458158924 Valencia (Spain)
    Guys. I know the release date for writings on the wall is set for 25th, but I've just found some more evidence it could be 23'rd in uk. Amazon now have the pre order up, and it says 23'rd. ?????http://www.amazon.co.uk/Writings-Wall-Sam-Smith/dp/B0153SUYU4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1441896595&sr=8-5&keywords=sam+smith

This is crazy dates
  • This is like the film's release date all over again haha.
    Basically so far - the official launch date (it will go on Smith's official YouTube/VEVO) is the 25th - goes on iTunes on the 28th, then in late October the physical CD/Vinyl comes out...
  • So why does amazon as well as sam smiths pre order side say 23rd ?
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2015 Posts: 10,512
    So why does amazon as well as sam smiths pre order side say 23rd ?

When the song is released we'll all hear and all be able to download it. If a sample or full version is leaked earlier, likewise.
  • So this amazon and pre order site have made a mistake then I take it. Lets hope a leak happens like with skyfall. I website let you stream a sample.
  • Jarvis Cocker on Bond song: Sheryl Crow took it from us

Jarvis Cocker says he can "never forgive" US singer Sheryl Crow for taking the ‪Bond‬ theme away from Pulp in 1997.

"We got so close. Sheryl took it away from us," the band's frontman joked to the BBC's Colin Paterson.

Cocker added that Sam Smith would do a "good job" of recording the theme for new Bond film Spectre, but was not sure he had the same vocal "strength" for it as Adele, who recorded the previous one.

"Adele can really belt out a song. Sam Smith singing; the strength of it tends to be that more kind of intimate kind of thing. And Bond themes tell to be a bit dramatic and brassy. The interface there will be interesting."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03217zb
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    I am in work so can not listen to this, someone who can, can you tell me if this sounds legit?

Noooo it definitely isn't legit :))
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Doubt it. There's no words and just some acoustics and drums. Nothing about it is remotely close to a Bond theme.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, not many instruments, and a very simple "tune".
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Cheers guys! though it was too cheap looking for a leak. Hate the idiots who post fake rubbish on youtube.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    This is a instrumental version of Stay With Me, one of Smith' hits
  • Can someone tell me whether the belvedere vodka is on sale now ? limited edition
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I am seeing a lot of hate towards Sam Smith doing the Bond theme in the general media.
    I am seeing a lot of hate towards Sam Smith doing the Bond theme in the general media.

That's because everybody realises Sam Smith was only chosen because he was the most successful British artist in the last two years. It's only about money, a theme which seems to stay with EON more than ever before, and that is kind of sad. Mainstreaming Bond to death seems wrong.
    I said it before and say it again, the billion dollar Bond will turn out to be a curse in the long run.
  • I know I agree. He is a disappointing choice I think but the song could still turn out good and very bondy. Lets hope. But they really need to pick better artists. Theres far better talent out their for bond.
    I know I agree. He is a disappointing choice I think but the song could still turn out good and very bondy. Lets hope. But they really need to pick better artists. Theres far better talent out their for bond.

It's sad how they went from edgy and innovative to bland and mainstream in the Craig-era.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    He is arguably too obvious a choice. On that I agree. This, combined with a terribly unimaginative 'title' for the movie, the obvious casting of Waltz as possible villain, and the also obvious casting of Bautista fresh off TGOG success legitimately fuels concerns that this could just be a big uncreative studio money grab to capitalize on SF's success.

The quality of Mendes, Craig and the cast generally are what potentially keeps this 'real' of course.

Smith's song had better be good, or else he's going to get a drubbing like no other.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Yea I hope if I'm ever riding in the car with MGW and BB I get to pick the radio station. %-(
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    I struggle to fathom why people are not keen on the choice without hearing the track. For all we know this could be one of the best Bond themes we've had. Ok some may not have been people's first choice but, who knows, could be getting a cracker!!
    I struggle to fathom why people are not keen on the choice without hearing the track. For all we know this could be one of the best Bond themes we've had. Ok some may not have been people's first choice but, who knows, could be getting a cracker!!

Of course it could be, but after Adele's mediocre belt out Skyfall I don't have high hopes, after all Smith is just the male version of Adele more or less.
  • What I find interesting is that some of my favorite Bond themes of all time have come from artists that I otherwise had little knowledge of or interest in prior to hearing their theme over the credit sequences. Sam does have solid voice.
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2015 Posts: 10,512
    This thread is going to explode once the song is released. I have a feeling some people are going to despise it.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 330
    i know this isn't the correct place ofr this question, but please can someone tell me whether the new vodka is on sale now. or when the release date is. I checked at tesco today but its just regular belvedere
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    RC7 wrote: »
    This thread is going to explode once the song is released. I have a feeling some people are going to despise it.

That's true of any song.
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    edited September 2015 Posts: 108
    I just realized that the two least known performers -- namely Cornell and Garbage -- are the only ones to cooperate with the respective score composer since the departure of John Barry. Coincidence? My interpretation would rather be the studio usually chooses a tacked-on superstar for the song since the late 80's...
  • RC7RC7
    echo wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »

That's true of any song.

I'd say very few, if any, despised SF. This feels like it is going to be divisive.