Going away or coming back?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hey there, folks.

What was intended to be a routine vacation in Istanbul back in May quickly turned into a fight for my life during which I was chased across the city on motorbike, was tossed off said motorbike onto the top of a speeding train, had a fistfight with a mute goon, was eventually shot off the train by a beautiful ally I thought I could trust and sent down into the watery depths below the railroad tracks, thought dead. It took a few months to re-cooperate, but now I'm back.

In all seriousness, I had a busy summer and just didn't have the energy to post anything, especially since a lot of discussions involved Spectre and I took a blood oath to keep away from any news about the film in general. I worked from the middle of May until about a week or so ago, so much of my time has been committed to that, and after a steady three plus years of posting daily on this forum, my head just needed a break from it all.

This forum is my browser's customized homepage and every time I get on the internet the screen will briefly pop up, so I haven't been wholly separated from it all; I just haven't posted in a few months. I've kind of hit a bit of a speed bump on the Bond side of things these last few months as it is; I couldn't even tell you when I last watched a Bond film.

My final year of college is starting up this coming Monday, so I might not be any greater of a presence here than usual going forward, but I hope to pop in now and again when time allows. I hope you all are doing well, and I look forward to talking with you again on a more consistent basis in the future, especially when Spectre hits theaters in the states. I can't believe we're this close to another Bond release; it feels like just yesterday that I was heading out to see Skyfall.

:)>-
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Welcome back...whoever you are? Did you post regularly?
    Good to see you Brady ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The username does seem familiar.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome back Brady. You've been missed. All the very best of luck for your continued studies. :)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Indeed, welcome back @OBrady!
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 4,619
    As I said in the "SPECTRE title song?" thread, I'm leaving Mi6community, but I won't be gone forever. I will be back the day the first official announcement about Bond 25 is released. Which will probably happen next summer the very earliest, but may not happen for years. Mi6community is a wonderful place, and I'm sure I will miss it.

“Everybody needs a hobby”.
    “What's yours?”
    “Resurrection"
    Come back soon we need you
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2015 Posts: 40,485
    About time you're back. I've spent the last few months concocting idiotic excuses for where you were when all of my gorgeous, single female friends ask about your whereabouts. Welcome back, friend.

Do return soon, @PanchitoPistoles, but don't leave because you were incorrect about Radiohead. You'll be missed either way!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
  • As I said in the "SPECTRE title song?" thread, I'm leaving Mi6community, but I won't be gone forever. I will be back the day the first official announcement about Bond 25 is released. Which will probably happen next summer the very earliest, but may not happen for years. Mi6community is a wonderful place, and I'm sure I will miss it.

“Everybody needs a hobby”.
    “What's yours?”
    “Resurrection"

You will be greatly missed. Feels a bit sad actually...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    About time you're back. I've spent the last few months concocting idiotic excuses for where you were when all of my gorgeous, single female friends ask about your whereabouts. Welcome back, friend.

Most kind, @Creasy47, most kind. I do hope that you kept each and every one of them company in my absence and I equally hope that one of the concocted threads you delivered to them involved my above troubles in Istanbul. *Fingers crossed*

In all seriousness, it is good to talk to you again, my friend. :)>-
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Do return soon, @PanchitoPistoles, but don't leave because you were incorrect about Radiohead. You'll be missed either way!

If you leave because of that, that is all you will be remembered for. Can t you just eat your hat instead, like normal hateaters do?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @PanchitoPistoles I hope we see you sooner rather than later. I often enjoy reading your posts (along with many other members of course). But you put thought and detail into many of your comments. Look forward to your return, and take care until we see you again.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @PanchitoPistoles, do return soon, sir. I swear, next time, I will pay the bill.

Welcome back, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7! Not much has changed. OK, @Thunderfinger finally got that sex change fixed and shall henceforth be known as "Thunderfingered". @Creasy47 celebrated his B-day by shooting up an embassy. He's hiding in Thunderfingered's basement now...
    Flagging a moderator is of no use , so I just laugh along.

HAHA! Great joke!
    Grrr...
    @Thunderfinger, this is payback for that time you got me so drunk in Vegas I ended up with a "missus Darth Dimi" waking up next to me in the VIP Lounge of Ceasar's Palace.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 45,489
    Sorry about that. And I apologize to the hapless cow as well.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited September 2015 Posts: 16,331
    Welcome back to everyone returning and farewell to everyone taking a hiatus.
    @DarthDimi how could you forget my going rogue to take out SPECTRE agents? ;)
    tICUbUk.jpg?1
    @Murdock, we agreed to keep it a secret... [-X
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Murdock, posting pictures like that only toys with those SPECTRE agents you're after. They'll be out for blood now!

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you know I did. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @DarthDimi, @Creasy47, you needn't worry. I keep things professional. ;)
    edited September 2015 Posts: 28,694
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @PanchitoPistoles, do return soon, sir. I swear, next time, I will pay the bill.

Welcome back, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7! Not much has changed. OK, @Thunderfinger finally got that sex change fixed and shall henceforth be known as "Thunderfingered". @Creasy47 celebrated his B-day by shooting up an embassy. He's hiding in Thunderfingered's basement now...

Thundy's basement, you say, @Dimi? Something tells me @Creasy47 isn't there by choice... The internet connection much be atrocious down there, besides it all.
    @Thunderfinger, this is payback for that time you got me so drunk in Vegas I ended up with a "missus Darth Dimi" waking up next to me in the VIP Lounge of Ceasar's Palace.

Fun times, fun times. Actually, @Dimi, that individual has since had a sex change reversal of their own, so technically they are "mister Darth Dimi" now, with their light saber back firmly between their legs. But let's not get hung up on semantics here and instead have a laugh by posting embarrassing pictures of the night to every corner of the internet. That's right, we've got pictures. I think I filled up a whole SD card that night, in fact.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Welcome back to everyone returning and farewell to everyone taking a hiatus.
    @DarthDimi how could you forget my going rogue to take out SPECTRE agents? ;)
    tICUbUk.jpg?1

You better hope that picture isn't geo-tagged @Murdock, because if so, baldy and his agents will find you soon enough. I'm afraid the only course of action now is to purchase yourself a ticket to Istanbul, convert your American dollars, rent a motorbike, find some excuse to initiate a chase with the police (or anyone with guns, really), propel yourself from the bike onto the top of a speeding train, have a badass fist fight with one of the aforementioned gunman or coppers, have a beautiful gun-toting woman waiting hillside to shoot you off the train and finally, fall into the watery depths below to officially fake your death. It's quite easy, actually; I did much the same thing myself this past May, in fact.

However, some quick tips: It's crucial to get a girl who's a good shot, above all, even if you've got to sacrifice in the looks department. After all, a girl that looks like @Thunderfinger before the sex change reversal that can shoot straight is a helluva lot better than a Victoria's Secret model who can't even get the damn safety switched off. You want to get the best shooter you can, because that train's going to be moving fast and if she doesn't account well for time that shot to your right shoulder will soon make an accidental mess of your... Well, I'm sure you'll figure it all out...

Another quick tip: Pack floaties for when you've got to make the fall from the train. It might not look like it, but Turkish waters are fast and deep; you don't want to be caught getting sucked down underneath those waves until it feels like you're getting a swirly over and over and over again. This is a tip I should have followed, but you know me: I had to recreate the moment from the film perfectly, right down to the far too tight Pick-and-Pick suit. Oh, but what a masterpiece it was, with nobody there to see it. The only downside is that if I had hired someone to film it all I would've had to kill them for being a fake witness to my fake death to keep it all under wraps. Ah well...
    I'm speechless, @Brady. ;-)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Bradys back and he's brought his sense of humor with him I'm glad to see your back my friend.
    I'm speechless, @Brady. ;-)

And yet I can still hear your deep breathing. Must just be that mask.

vadrotj.jpg
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Bradys back and he's brought his sense of humor with him I'm glad to see your back my friend.

Many thanks, @Mrcoggins. It's good to be back. :)

I'd say I never left and be all cool like Bond, but no, I actually did leave. Saying I didn't would just be a shameless lie, and I never tell lies. Except for that one.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    well... i am taking me leave from these boards again... don't know when i'll return - most likely after the film opens probably..

i just came on to hear the song, and ended up spending the last 3 hours reading people's reactions to it... 3 hours i could've been busying myself with other things... but nope, i had to let myself fall down the rabbit hole of loathing and criticism once again lol...... the real funny part is, i don't even know why it all bothers me as much as it does lol - it's not like i had any personal stake in the song - but i know better.. when i start reaching this level of frustration (over nothing) then it's time for me to go away...

adios.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    "I'm prepared for this
    I never shoot to miss
    But I feel like a storm is coming
    If I'm gonna make it through the day
    Then there's no use in running
    This is something I gotta face "

Listen to the words of Sam. ;)

Looking forward to your return, @haserot, but please stop that card cheating.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    We await your return @haserot. Take care. :)