SPECTRE Poster Thread - IMAX Poster Page 13

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It's certainly eye catching. :)
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    RC7s poster is a beauty and I love the colours. Now, if you only could get rid of the Octopussyman-Superhero visuals, then it would be outstanding.
    You're right, it feels like it's missing a big white roundel with a rampant lion and unicorn sparring to complete the look
    RC7 wrote: »
    qDXFemi.jpg

This is VERY cool and atmospheric!!!
    L
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    qDXFemi.jpg

This is VERY cool and atmospheric!!!

Looks great! Almost begging for a Halloween release too.
    Do like use of orange colour.
    I used to have that CR teaser poster on my bedroom wall back in 2006-2007. Certainly agree that it's the best of that selection further up. Personally I quite like the SF teaser with the gun barrel in the background as well as the first one for SP. Something just doesn't feel right about the latest one. It feels as if DC is modelling that outfit.
    Great re-working of the poster incidentally
    I think I know what's happened here with the latest teaser. The guy doing the poster in Photoshop took ill and a well meaning uninformed work colleague has run the file to the printers without realising only one background layer was switched on.

We'll never see what the other 15 collapsed layers ended up looking like as EON, on realising the mistake too late, just decided to brazen it out.

Actually, it doesn't take no more than one or two extra layers to turn insipid into inspired eh RC7
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    "Insipid to inspired." I'd copyright that if I were you, @andmcit. ;)
    11895042_1130397200308523_8375001225350701375_o.jpg
    I love it, but at the same time it looks like fan art!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    So that was it fellas, the new Poster for SPECTRE. Sorry for not being able to tell what it was. :)
    Like I said in the Production Timeline - Craig's look is awesome, but that composition and overall design is :-&

Well, since this is the main/theatrical/final poster (evidenced by the billing block & the timing of the release), the next posters we should get are just the character posters (if they bothered to do them) and the IMAX collectible poster. Maybe if they let someone like the guys at Mondo do the IMAX poster instead, as other films have done...
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    On this poster Daniel is listed as a co-producer.
    So that was it fellas, the new Poster for SPECTRE. Sorry for not being able to tell what it was. :)

But is it the final poster?

• SirGodfreySirGodfrey France
    Not bad at all but not good enough
  • @Sark - Am I blind? I don't see that anywhere.
    @Sark - Am I blind? I don't see that anywhere.

Right after Ralph Fiennes as "M" on the second line.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 267
    I like the poster fine. Just not as a final poster for the film.

Would love for them to go back to the old way posters were made. The new ones are far too simplistic.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Looks like bad fan art to me. Is that really the final poster? What a shame. With SF and now SP, all we've seemed to get regarding posters is Craig posing to some degree and that's about it.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Looks like bad fan art to me. Is that really the final poster? What a shame. With SF and now SP, all we've seemed to get regarding posters is Craig posing to some degree and that's about it.

Like I said before - with the billing credits, it sure is. Only other ones coming would be the character posters and the IMAX poster, if they bother to do one.
  • I'd love to see another drawn LALD/TMWTGG/TLD's montage type poster again. These new ones are way too boring.

Although I'm liking the LALD vibe again, which is even more prominent this time round.

• edited September 2015 Posts: 11,119
    zebrafish wrote: »
    RC7s poster is a beauty and I love the colours. Now, if you only could get rid of the Octopussyman-Superhero visuals, then it would be outstanding.

What I like about the new poster, is the fact that it's more colorful, like @RC7's design. Instead of orange it uses midnight blue. It also features a nice backdrop. I also like the very VERY confident pose of Craig on this one. He's about to....smile on this poster ;-).
  • I'd love to see another drawn LALD/TMWTGG/TLD's montage type poster again. These new ones are way too boring.

Although I'm liking the LALD vibe again, which is even more prominent this time round.

If the clothes and pose were LALD on the teaser poster, it's GF here.

actors_connery.jpg

• Can't wait to have a proper version of Craig from that poster...there are so many ways to do a better poster with that :)
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    That's it then?
    giphy.gif

Not bad.
    Craig's look is good, but the poster itself is incredibly dull and dare I say, badly composed. Our Mi6 Community members are constantly putting out superior work in the fan art topic. And that's not knocking the fan art, there is some incredible work being done there. The official posters, though? Yuck.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,164
  • Here it is! The new 2nd full poster, US One Sheet:
    11895042_1130397200308523_8375001225350701375_o.jpg

Compare it with this pose of Sean Connery for the publicity campaign of "Goldfinger" ;-):
    6WTlJn.jpg

SOME INTERESTING DETAILS:
    --> It's the first time since "Goldfinger" that we see James Bond in a white dinner jacket on an official poster (http://i.cubeupload.com/6WTlJn.jpg)
    --> To me it seems that Daniel Craig looks even more self-assured as opposed to the previous three poses on the previous three film posters. And am I wrong, but does Daniel Craig tries to...smile ;-)?
    --> The guy on the back, with a painted skull on his face, obviously reminds us of Baron Samedi from "Live And Let Die" (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/34/7f/e9/347fe981e55c0f7841d85793c03dfca8.jpg)
    --> Screenplay writer Jez Butterworth gets his first writer credits on a Bond film. The last time was on the well-received sci-fi film with Tom Cruise, "Edge Of Tomorrow".
    --> It's the first time ever that a Bond actor gets a 2nd job at EON Productions....or other credits besides his acting credits. Daniel Craig is now officially co-producer of the James Bond films. Sean Connery was always begging in the late 60's early 70's for co-producer credits, which he did get for the unofficial "Never Say Never Again". "Cubby" Broccoli never let him get that honor on his official Bond films. Barbara Broccoli & Michael G. Wilson obviously are slightly more liberal as producers. But it's also a big feather inside Daniel Craig's arse :-P. Obviously they want him to stay Bond for a longer period, perhaps doing a 5th...even a 6th film! And if he doesn't want to stay as an actor, then the Broccoli's at least have a chair for him behind the scenes. So cool!!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I like it. It reminds me of the 90's VHS covers/Special Edition DVD's.