SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Chris Nolan is directing Bond 25 with Craig returning.

If that is the big news I am making a bowl of popcorn and will watch the Forum melt

I'd be very okay with this.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 4,619

If that is the big news I am making a bowl of popcorn and will watch the Forum melt
    Why would they announce the director of Bond 25 before the release of Spectre? (I know they announced the directors of Star Wars VIII and IX before the release of Episode VII, but Bond is different.)
  • Risico007 wrote: »

I'd be very okay with this.

Current rumor on nolanfan site this summer is that he just finished writing an original script himself that he will direct, so that doesn't sound like it would be Bond.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    A few days I was pumped ..now the Bond world seems to be imploding..

Horowitz bad mouthed SF and QS with statements that seemed as if he didn't get the psychology of Bond. He had to add a slur at Elba just to make sure enough are offended ...and sales hurt maybe.

Warren Ellis seems to get Bond so still looking forward.. although he decided to keep Bond smoking... really? Seems unlikely an contemporary Bond would ...unnecessary. We still have drink ..that would have been enough. Now that one jab at the mod Marlboro man. Still high hopes and most likely Bonds best outing this fall.

Craig gives up ...faux enthusiasm for a film he seems burned by in a way (not a jab at the film but the experience.)... whatever but can't be good for b.o. SP is already a target for folks wanting it to fail no matter how good it is. Guy on top always the target.

(I wish Bond wasn't as popular or just popular enough to be worthwhile to keep going.)

Forum members are at war with each other ...blah blah.

I want good positive news... PLEASEEEEE.

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    @mcdonbb Me too, my friend. I agree.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    @mcdonbb Me too, my friend. I agree.

Thank you ..needed that lol.

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    It may seem like there are forum members at war with eachother, and there are certainly heated discussions and disagreements... but ultimately, we're all on the same side. We're all here because we're Bond fans! And there are MANY different ways to be a Bond fan, which is a great thing!
    There are certainly members that I've felt at odds with, but ultimately I remember we're all here for the same reason and all on the same team.
    I too hope there's good news on the horizon!
    It may seem like there are forum members at war with eachother, and there are certainly heated discussions and disagreements... but ultimately, we're all on the same side. We're all here because we're Bond fans! And there are MANY different ways to be a Bond fan, which is a great thing!
    There are certainly members that I've felt at odds with, but ultimately I remember we're all here for the same reason and all on the same team.
    I too hope there's good news on the horizon!

Well said ..thanks
  • Three topics in this forum about the bloody future of Daniel Craig or the Bond films when Craig leaves.

Whereas one topic about the upcoming release of "SPECTRE", is less popular at the moment. Sjee, past days I just feel sad to be a Bond fan :-(. I just HOPE this afternoon EON Productions organize one big counter-press-conference to debunk Allllllll this stupid shit about the future of Daniel Craig!
  • I wonder if there is any significance to the news that the news has been delayed by 24 hours? I am thinking that this is probably more than your next stage of publicity (poster, vlog, trailer etc. etc.)
    Have we any idea when this announcement will be made?
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    I am assuming it will still be 17:00 GMT but delayed until today

Daniel Criag returning Bond 25 I preying so.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    If Spectre is successful enough, leaving a hype behind like its predecessor did, I don't see why EON would try and replace Sam Mendes or Daniel Craig per se when the majority of the fandom demands their return to the next installment in the series? Sure, they'll keep saying they're tired and gave their all, etc. But, does anyone remember when Mendes told us he had nothing to offer after doing Skyfall and that he put everything he had or something? The producers will do the best of their persuasion to get this duo for the next flick.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 11,119
    If Spectre is successful enough, leaving a hype behind like its predecessor did, I don't see why EON would try and replace Sam Mendes or Daniel Craig per se when the majority of the fandom demands their return to the next installment in the series? Sure, they'll keep saying they're tired and gave their all, etc. But, does anyone remember when Mendes told us he had nothing to offer after doing Skyfall and that he put everything he had or something? The producers will do the best of their persuasion to get this duo for the next flick.

Early box office tracking shows that "SPECTRE" is en route to a staggering opening weekend in North-America: $140 Million :-D! Which is almost as much as "Furious 7"! (http://www.boxoffice.com)
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 95
    Well, I'm feeling quite positive about everything Spectre/Craig related at the moment. I see the Craig interview in Esquire and what he said about Spectre as actually very positive and not false. "It's a celebration of all things Bond" That right there is really all I am hoping for with film. And an opening of over $100 million to go along with a classical-style Bond film would be the icing on the cake. I don't want to let some negativity bring me down. Bond and his films have always prevailed. I see no reason to doubt that now.

As far as him leaving the role, wait a year and see how he feels. That was a question asked three days after the biggest film shoot of his career.
  • If Spectre is successful enough, leaving a hype behind like its predecessor did, I don't see why EON would try and replace Sam Mendes or Daniel Craig per se when the majority of the fandom demands their return to the next installment in the series? Sure, they'll keep saying they're tired and gave their all, etc. But, does anyone remember when Mendes told us he had nothing to offer after doing Skyfall and that he put everything he had or something? The producers will do the best of their persuasion to get this duo for the next flick.

Early box office tracking shows that "SPECTRE" is en route to a staggering opening weekend in North-America: $140 Million :-D! Which is almost as much as "Furious 7"! (http://www.boxoffice.com)
    I wish it was true, but it seems a bit exaggerated. I would be pleased with a 100 million opening weekend.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Very pleasing tracking numbers. I just hope the film is a critical success and makes over a billion dollars!
  • RC7RC7
    I suspect SP's BO will be the Tantive IV to SW 7's Star Destroyer.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I think it might be the title singer, despite what Marketto said.
  • RC7 wrote: »

Nah....I think it SW 7 is the Borg Cube, whereas SP is the USS Enterprise-E. The latter being 15 times smaller than a Borg cube, but in the end much smarter and capable of defeating something we previously wouldn't think off ;-):

latest?cb=20100224114234&path-prefix=en
  • If Spectre is successful enough, leaving a hype behind like its predecessor did, I don't see why EON would try and replace Sam Mendes or Daniel Craig per se when the majority of the fandom demands their return to the next installment in the series? Sure, they'll keep saying they're tired and gave their all, etc. But, does anyone remember when Mendes told us he had nothing to offer after doing Skyfall and that he put everything he had or something? The producers will do the best of their persuasion to get this duo for the next flick.

I wish it was true, but it seems a bit exaggerated. I would be pleased with a 100 million opening weekend.

Yeah, i also think they're far too optimistic numbers. I read from BoxOfficeMojo that SF had an opening weekend of 88-90 mln $ in the US with way more buzz and a less crowded year. SP needs more aggressive advertising in the US if they want better numbers.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

Nah....I think it SW 7 is the Borg Cube, whereas SP is the USS Enterprise-E. The latter being 15 times smaller than a Borg cube, but in the end much smarter and capable of defeating something we previously wouldn't think off ;-):

You think SP will pull in more $$$ than SW?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,012
    I'm surprised no one posted this already (from James Bond Radio's twitter):

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="pt"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Big SPECTRE announcement coming on September 8th (including the big reveal of the title song artist)! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/jamesbond?src=hash">#jamesbond</a>; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/spectre?src=hash">#spectre</a>; #007 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/bond?src=hash">#bond</a></p>&mdash; James Bond Radio (@JamesBondRadio) <a href=" September 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • 00Ralf00Ralf Germany
    edited September 2015 Posts: 149

JBR always seemed quite reliable to me. No clue what the source of this information is, though.

EDIT - James Bond Radio: "From a secret source you asked not to be named :) "

EDIT #2 - Well done, Sandy! You beat me to it like a ninja! :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Not long now.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 11,119

You think SP will pull in more $$$ than SW?

No. But you could also see the Borg cube as a mirror to our (Bond fan's) grim, negative way of thinking. And that way of thinking will again be defeated ;-).

"Star Wars 7" will gross around $2 Billion globally, surpassing perhaps "Furious 7" and "Titanic" in the all-time global box office ranking. But I also see "SPECTRE" surpassing "Skyfall", grossing more than $1.2 Billion globally. Perhaps nearing the box office gross of "Avengers 2: Age Of Ultron" ($1.4 Billion).
    Wow, awesome!
    Interesting that they mention it's not just the title song announcement.

Also - lots of insane concept art on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/charliebigpotaters?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    So we're getting an announcement today and Sept 8? Or just the 8th?
  • 00Ralf00Ralf Germany
    Well, today's announcement could be about the announcement on the 8th. It wouldn't surprise me.