What actually happened to Pierce Brosnan?

1235»

Comments

• StrangwaysStrangways London, England
    echo wrote: »
    I feel like Babs gets unfairly slammed here--because Craig is blond? because she's a woman? My sense is that she is the one who brought Bond back to his roots in a big way for the first time since 1969.

Agreed. I think there's a lot of sexism / misogyny about her on Bond forums. Since 2006, she has emerged as the lead producer and the series seems to be going from strength to strength.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Strangways wrote: »
    echo wrote: »
    I feel like Babs gets unfairly slammed here--because Craig is blond? because she's a woman? My sense is that she is the one who brought Bond back to his roots in a big way for the first time since 1969.

Agreed. I think there's a lot of sexism / misogyny about her on Bond forums. Since 2006, she has emerged as the lead producer and the series seems to be going from strength to strength.

I admit I don't like BB much, but to say "since 2006..."
    it is since 2006...she is also fully responsible for at least TND to DAD.
  • Thankfully he is gone!
    Barbara took a huge gamble with Craig and it paid off.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    fjdinardo wrote: »

It paid off well enough yes, but what if she gambles again and loses. Then the franchise goes bust.

I really hope MGW stays as long as he can and continues to be the reasonable one within EON.

As soon as BB is the sole heir on the throne, the franchise will be finished within 2 movies.

It paid off well enough yes, but what if she gambles again and loses. Then the franchise goes bust.

I really hope MGW stays as long as he can and continues to be the reasonable one within EON.

As soon as BB is the sole heir on the throne, the franchise will be finished within 2 movies.

Exactly.

I always get a lot of heat for this but I would rather have the Bond movie Franchise end on a high note like the Daniel Craig movies then for the franchise to go down hill.
    I think Barbara deserves more credit. If it werent for her fighting for Craig, Campbell & Wilson would have went with Cavill in 2006. That might have killed the franchise.
  • RC7RC7

This is reactionary nonsense.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I think Barbara deserves more credit. If it werent for her fighting for Craig, Campbell & Wilson would have went with Cavill in 2006. That might have killed the franchise.

I don't think Henry Cavill would have been that bad, sure he doesn't look very much like someone who can fight but he was everything people had related Bond to.

For Many people Bond is still the man we saw with Pierce Brosnan Roger Moore and Sean Connery from Goldfinger till Diamonds are forever .
    They still have that idea of James Bond should be so I don't think Cavill would have been a flop. Now i do admire Barbara for staying with her Position of Daniel Craig as Bond very few directors or producers support their actors that way.

And usually these stubborn picks pay off very nicley.

• Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    edited July 2017 Posts: 306
    Pierce Brosnan era also had GoledenEye 007 for Nintendo 64!