Jurassic Park Series (1993 - present)

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    DCisared wrote: »
    I'm not impressed, yet. Even just the fact that the famous gate is computer generated is a bad sign.

Colin trevorrow the films director has said on twitter that the real gate will be practical and that the shot of it in the trailer is just for the trailer! No sweat :)

Okay, well that's something at least. Some of the other stuff looked interesting anyway, so I'll keep an eye on it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    It looks good but technology wise in terms of CG, I'm shocked that it doesn't look more advanced than the effects from the first movie.

on another note, Prat really looks like Nathan Drake.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Hey, would the thread OP mind changing this thread into a "Jurassic Park Films" thread? I'm a big fan the franchise, so I wouldn't mind a thread where I can channel my appreciation.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2015 Posts: 4,415
    Poster with VS/UK release date..

CCzkIN-UIAAowwB.jpg

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/36611/official-poster-jurassic-world
    Official Poster: "Jurassic World"

By Garth Franklin Friday April 17th 2015 12:19PM

Filmmaker Colin Trevorrow has debuted the new poster for Universal's "Jurassic World" which features Bryce Dallas Howard's character Claire Dearing coming face to face with the park's new genetic hybrid creation - the Indominus Rex. The poster comes ahead of the film's brand new full-length trailer which goes online on Monday morning.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Bond,Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Superman, Mad Max and more; I'm experiencing Geek overload. I love it. It's like, once more, I'm 13! :)
    talos7 wrote: »
    Bond,Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Superman, Mad Max and more; I'm experiencing Geek overload. I love it. It's like, once more, I'm 13! :)

And "Jurassic World" is another potential 1 Billion Dollar film ;-). Anyway, I think I will see this one as well in cinema.
    Im really excited for this movie. Its number 3 in my top 5 movies to see in 2015.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Poster with VS/UK release date..

CCzkIN-UIAAowwB.jpg

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/36611/official-poster-jurassic-world
    Official Poster: "Jurassic World"

By Garth Franklin Friday April 17th 2015 12:19PM

Filmmaker Colin Trevorrow has debuted the new poster for Universal's "Jurassic World" which features Bryce Dallas Howard's character Claire Dearing coming face to face with the park's new genetic hybrid creation - the Indominus Rex. The poster comes ahead of the film's brand new full-length trailer which goes online on Monday morning.

Love this poster!
    edited April 2015 Posts: 4,415
    2 new posters, i at them in spoiler tag this time.
    8ccHZSz.jpgbBODObT.jpg
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/36624/two-more-jurassic-world-posters
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Full length trailer released at 3pm UK time today! Can't wait!
    here it is
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Great trailer! I noticed one of the scientists of the original film is in the trailer, I didn't know he was in the movie!

Great trailer! I noticed one of the scientists of the original film is in the trailer, I didn't know he was in the movie!
    yep! B.D Wong plays Dr Henry Wu again!
    Now that's a trailer!

This is definitely a must see.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Yeah, apparently he's the only returning character from the first movies.

As much as I'd loved to see Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum again, I think their presence in the movie would feel rather forced, so I'm glad they brought back someone to keep continuity and yet without making it contrived fan service.
    Walecs wrote: »

Yeah, apparently he's the only returning character from the first movies.

As much as I'd loved to see Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum again, I think their presence in the movie would feel rather forced, so I'm glad they brought back someone to keep continuity and yet without making it contrived fan service.
    Also returning is the t rex from the first film! bet she's even more grumpy now :D
    DCisared wrote: »
    here it is

Now that is a trailer AND a visit to the cinema! :-bd
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,415
    Jurassic World 2 release date is 21/22 June 2018. I think it is to soon, better release it in 2019. Quistion is who going to be directer. Colin Trevorrow wil not return. The movies title can be easy one of course: Return to Jurassic World. Or there must make plot that there meeting some of earlier chacters and name the movie: Return to the lost world / Return to Jurassic Park. I realy like to see Goldblum return, what be good thing after his comeback in Independence Day 2 (and 3).

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/37996/pratt-howard-return-for-fifth-jurassic
    Pratt, Howard Return For Fifth "Jurassic"

By Garth Franklin Thursday July 23rd 2015 11:56AM
    Pratt, Howard Return For Fifth "Jurassic"

With "Jurassic World" now the third highest grossing film of all time worldwide, it comes as no surprise that Universal is moving fast on a sequel.

The studio has set a June 22nd 2018 release date for the follow-up, and have confirmed that both Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will return for the next film with Steven Spielberg once again executive producing and Frank Marshall producing.

Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly will return to write the new film, but no director has been announced and it's expected Trevorrow likely won't be returning as helmer.

The news comes as the French branch of Universal has suffered a minor embarrassment over the film. The Guardian reports that a DMCA filing indicates that a pirated copy of the movie was apparently hosted and seeded from within Universal's own computer network for a brief period.

The #JurassicWorld Sequel will be released on Friday, June 22, 2018. pic.twitter.com/bC61zHToMY
    — #JurassicWorld (@JurassicPark) July 23, 2015

Source: Universal Pictures
  • I better get around to seeing JURASSIC WORLD then before the next one comes along...
    2018 is hardly too soon. The release date is just under 3 years away. That's plenty of time to allow for the next installment.
    I guess I need to see Jurassic world now.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Here's hoping the sequel is The Lost Park: Jurassic World.
  • Here's hoping the sequel is The Lost Park: Jurassic World.

Perfect!
    Cool! I absolutely loved Jurassic World to be honest. Look forward to the next instalment!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2017 Posts: 15,686
    Jurassic World: Fallen Kindgom is the official title of the new Jurassic Park/World film:

jurassicworld-fallenkingdom-teaserposter-full.jpg
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Meh, I wish they kept "Jurassic Park" instead of "Jurassic World". Guess money found a way.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    The lack of sharks in the JP series always disappoints me!
  • I'm digging that new title. Quite evocative.

I happened to really enjoy Jurassic World. Could have used stronger characters and story, but the thrills were all there, the dinosaurs looked great, and that climax with the T-Rex delighted the 7 year-old boy in me to no end.

With Jeff Goldblum and a promising director onboard and an overall darker approach, I expect only good things from JW: Fallen Kingdom.
    suavejmf wrote: »
    The lack of sharks in the JP series always disappoints me!

Their was a dead shark that huge sea beast ate though if that helps? Lol!