SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

17980828485119

Comments

  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe "I need a year off" Craig
    Posts: 7,318
    Using henchmen as levity just brings to mind the image of Jaws grimacing as the boat goes over the waterfall in MR.
  • Posts: 54
    JPinFLA wrote: »
    JPinFLA wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @JPinFLA, but everyone did the same thing with CR and most of us love that and would say it's in our top five Bond films. Everyone did the same thing with SF, and most hail that as one of - if not the - best Bond film out there. The point is, we're all massive Bond geeks, that's why we collect here to share our thoughts. It's hard to not get pumped seeing new footage from a new entry in the series. As excited as I am, though, you have to try and keep the hype down so you don't elevate it to some 'best film ever' status before it's even released, like some people have.

    yes sir, exactly my point. Eagerly awaiting Nov. 6, here in Florida

    Small world. Where you at in Florida?

    up North, Ponte Vedra. Just South of Jax. Where in the Sauna Sunshine State are you?

    Southern, down by West Palm Beach.

    my folks are in Boynton
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,090
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Look, which of you people have twitter accounts? Bautista is supposed to be doing some Q and A on twitter and I was wondering if anyone will be participating. If so, can someone ask him about the sort if fighting style he and Craig engage in? Are the fight scenes brutal and visceral?very intetested to know particularly as it was choreographed by Olivier Schneider.

    It's already happened. You can find all the tweets here on the James Bond twitter page:

    https://twitter.com/007

    Oh really? Crap. Ok thanks for the heads up.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Posts: 511
    RC7 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    M_Balje wrote: »
    P&W always be fan of Moonraker..

    Spectre-Attack.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-08-04-16h40m17s8.png?w=584&h=248moonraker.jpg?w=500&h=213
    Notice how colorful the old Bond films used to be? I wish those Colors would come back some day.

    You know what, it is something I thought after the last few trailers. I was hoping for a few lush greens in there and just a general sense of contrast after the relatively washed out tone of QoS and particularly SF.
    I´m not sure about QoS looking washed out, but it sure offered a strong Bouquet of Colors.




    Ludovico wrote: »
    I actually prefer the darker colours. Especially regarding SPECTRE. It's not like they had colourful uniforms in FRWL and TB.
    It´s not like Drax and Jaws wore especially colorful clothes, but the film as a whole was full of colorful Frames, as was every Bond film before SF. Mendes cleary doesn´t like that too much, as most of his films show, not just his Bond films. Which is one reason for me not to be overly fond of Mendes´ work.

    What I mean is that the villains clothes in SP are in the same colours as in FRWL and TB. So I don't see any reason to complain.

    I can't speak for @Boldfinger, but I don't think he's complaining about the costume design per se, more the overall palette and the grade. I do wish the colours popped a little more. If you look at the mexico scenes (which I expected to be really vibrant) they have quite a distinctive grade on them that saps a lot of the brightness and draws out the ochre hues.

    For example...

    A still from the movie...
    V42cxJR.png

    versus an on set still...

    spectre-image-sam-mendes-700x300.jpg

    Now its always going to be graded in the edit, but I expected they'd really pull out the vibrant colours in the parade, which is after all what makes this festival so incredible. Sam has obviously gone for a different vibe.

    Just something I did quickly:

    ZmEMDdn.png

    Improved colours and saturation.

    Great work. Already looks better IMO.

    Much better!! But the film will be graded eventualy. This was done purely for the trailer.
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,512
    Murdock wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    That was Zao who said that. Mr. Kil says, I'll use da laser! when he's about to off Jinx.

    You got me. I was waiting for a big DAD fan to step in!
    I wouldn't say I'm a big DAD fan, but I have an almost photographic memory when it comes to Bond dialogue. :))

    I'm the same with music cues. Even DAD, sadly!

    Me too. But then again the best part of Die Another Day for me was the music. :P

    I can definitely picture you driving around listening to 'Iced Inc.' I've done it myself several times.
    Using henchmen as levity just brings to mind the image of Jaws grimacing as the boat goes over the waterfall in MR.

    In context. QoS is a relatively dour film. There's enough levity with Moore in MR that using Jaws as a catalyst for humour is irrelevant. Elvis seems like the only Quantum member with a hint of emotion. Levity doesn't translate to 'wacky'.
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Posts: 16,088
    RC7 wrote: »
    I can definitely picture you driving around listening to 'Iced Inc.' I've done it myself several times.

    Funny you should say that, I have that on a special Bond Driving Tunes CD I made. ;)
  • RC7 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    M_Balje wrote: »
    P&W always be fan of Moonraker..

    Spectre-Attack.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-08-04-16h40m17s8.png?w=584&h=248moonraker.jpg?w=500&h=213
    Notice how colorful the old Bond films used to be? I wish those Colors would come back some day.

    You know what, it is something I thought after the last few trailers. I was hoping for a few lush greens in there and just a general sense of contrast after the relatively washed out tone of QoS and particularly SF.
    I´m not sure about QoS looking washed out, but it sure offered a strong Bouquet of Colors.




    Ludovico wrote: »
    I actually prefer the darker colours. Especially regarding SPECTRE. It's not like they had colourful uniforms in FRWL and TB.
    It´s not like Drax and Jaws wore especially colorful clothes, but the film as a whole was full of colorful Frames, as was every Bond film before SF. Mendes cleary doesn´t like that too much, as most of his films show, not just his Bond films. Which is one reason for me not to be overly fond of Mendes´ work.

    What I mean is that the villains clothes in SP are in the same colours as in FRWL and TB. So I don't see any reason to complain.

    I can't speak for @Boldfinger, but I don't think he's complaining about the costume design per se, more the overall palette and the grade. I do wish the colours popped a little more. If you look at the mexico scenes (which I expected to be really vibrant) they have quite a distinctive grade on them that saps a lot of the brightness and draws out the ochre hues.

    For example...

    A still from the movie...
    V42cxJR.png

    versus an on set still...

    spectre-image-sam-mendes-700x300.jpg

    Now its always going to be graded in the edit, but I expected they'd really pull out the vibrant colours in the parade, which is after all what makes this festival so incredible. Sam has obviously gone for a different vibe.

    Just something I did quickly:

    ZmEMDdn.png

    Improved colours and saturation.

    Nice job. That yellow layer just doesn't look right for the Mexico scenes, it chokes all the beautiful colours of the costumes and decorations. I really hope they fix it by the time the movie comes out.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 2,195
    I was watching the trailer with a friend today, and she said "Doesn't it look like Bonds been crying in the last shot?"

    I get what she means, his eyes do look a bit reddish, but I think that's down to that fact that they're speeding along on a boat.

    19295607593_9db995068d_h.jpg

    And I also noticed that DC has what appears to be little grains of sand or something on his face in this shot.

    19921984571_0cce750f8d_h.jpg



  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119
    These color filters.......don't forget that for CR the colors IMO were a bit too saturated. But during the PTS the colors were black-and-white. So directors and DOP's obviously want to tell something with that aspect as well.

    Purely without narrative context, the color filters perhaps look too yellow-ish. But honestly, we haven't seen the film yet. There could be a sinister feel to the entire PTS (Perhaps the "Day Of The Death" is mirroring the theme of the film, and "death" in itself could be perceived as a rather dolor-less thing). Even more sinister than the SF-PTS. So DOP van Hoytema probably wants that to be reflected in the film.

    I think we need to be a bit more patient and judge the cinematography within the context of the story, the theme of the film, until after we've seen the full film. Perhaps the color filters then make more sense.

    Also, don't forget the film still is in post-production.

  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,090
    Well, lets hope they fix it. Irrespective of the mood they're going for, it's Mexico...day of the dead, the colours need to pop out on the screen not be muted.
  • Posts: 12,264
    Don't worry peeps! Only 14 weeks and 4 days to go in the UK!!!! 8-}
  • Have not made a comment on the trailer since it was released yesterday. Have watched it now a few times and I think I can say that its a great trailer and it certainly looks like the most epic of the DC Bond films. All the shots used in the trailer are gorgeous. The music is awsome (the OHMSS theme was a huge surprise). The action looks spectacular. The only thing I didn't like in the whole trailer was Mr White's delivery of the line "he's everywhere". Surprised to see Christophe Waltz in his lair during the trailer (thought they could have kept that out of the trailer). Is it just me or did anyone else think of Elliot Carver in TND when that scene showed up!
    Based on this trailer alone I can't see how this isn't going to top SF. SF was a great Bond film and I was so happy to learn that Sam Mendes was coming back for SP. Looks like he has done it again. Will find out on November 11 !
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119
    By the way, just some comparisons of trailer viewings on YouTube.

    After 10 days the counter for the comic-con "Suicide Squad trailer stands at a whopping 39 Million (39.405.279)

    The first full trailer of "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" is settling down at 8 Million (8.349.232) viewings. The first full trailer of "The Man From UNCLE" currently has 4 Million viewers (4.289.681)

    The highly popular teaser trailer for "SPECTRE" currently stands at 7 Million (7.494.808) viewings.

    And so far yesterday's release of "SPECTRE"s full theatrical trailer stands at a massive -almost- 5 Million viewers (4.922.961). Let's see if it nears the number of viewers in 10 days from now ;-). Perhaps it can catch up with some DC Comics trailers ;-).

    But obviously, the current record-holder "Star Wars 7" will not be overtaken. The 2nd teaser trailer now has 57 Million viewers (57.068.648 !!)

    Uhm, the trailer now has 5.8 Million viewings (5.798.812) That IS actually quite insane, as compared to Skyfall. The "Skyfall" full trailer eventually settled at 23 Million viewings (23.258.575), and I remember after two days it had around 3.5 Million hits.
  • Posts: 13,319
    These color filters.......don't forget that for CR the colors IMO were a bit too saturated. But during the PTS the colors were black-and-white. So directors and DOP's obviously want to tell something with that aspect as well.

    Purely without narrative context, the color filters perhaps look too yellow-ish. But honestly, we haven't seen the film yet. There could be a sinister feel to the entire PTS (Perhaps the "Day Of The Death" is mirroring the theme of the film, and "death" in itself could be perceived as a rather dolor-less thing). Even more sinister than the SF-PTS. So DOP van Hoytema probably wants that to be reflected in the film.

    I think we need to be a bit more patient and judge the cinematography within the context of the story, the theme of the film, until after we've seen the full film. Perhaps the color filters then make more sense.

    Also, don't forget the film still is in post-production.

    I think Mendes might be going for a Sergio Leone look. Just a thought.

    For the SPECTRE headquarter scene, for me it just screams FRWL and TB. Maybe a bit darker. A bit.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Costa Mucho
    Posts: 41,948
    Henchmanwise this will be up there with FRWL, GF and TSWLM.
  • Posts: 159
    I was ready to see some Mayan ruins, am i mistaken? Didn't they shoot there or just they didn't show it at the trailer?
  • Posts: 1,225
    I think they've over baked the colour grading. Everything looks yellow or desaturated even the snow scenes which I hoped would looked much colder

    I would think it will be less so inthe cinema.
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Posts: 369
    Just thinking, it's ironic to see Mr White in the trailer complaining that "he's everywhere" given the following two pieces of dialog in Quantium of Solace...

    Mr. White: The first thing you should know about us is... we have people everywhere.

    M: When someone says "We've got people everywhere", you expect it to be hyperbole! Lots of people say that. Florists use that expression. It doesn't mean that they've got somebody working for them inside the bloody room!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,090
    I wouldn't say it's ironic but more of a corroboration of his comments in QoS. White may have been the most senior member of the organisation we saw and who Bond came into contact with but evidently he still had to report to a higher up. So when he said "we have people everywhere" he really did mean it.
  • Posts: 709
    I agree with the sentiment that the ending of the trailer is a bit flat and abrupt. But as with the QOS and SF trailers, it seems to be their thing that the final shot must have Bond firing a gun. I'm surprised they didn't use the bit from the TV spot where DC is about to kiss Monica Bellucci and says "Bond...James...Bond". They KNOW that's a great finishing note, since that was the final shot of that TV ad.
    I would have arranged the last three shots of the trailer to be :

    -helicopter barrel roll
    -"Bond...James...Bond"
    -gunshot on boat

  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 35,166
    @dinovelvet, that's how I felt about the ending of the trailer: very abrupt and flat. It kind of threw me off.
  • Posts: 11,119
    Ludovico wrote: »
    These color filters.......don't forget that for CR the colors IMO were a bit too saturated. But during the PTS the colors were black-and-white. So directors and DOP's obviously want to tell something with that aspect as well.

    Purely without narrative context, the color filters perhaps look too yellow-ish. But honestly, we haven't seen the film yet. There could be a sinister feel to the entire PTS (Perhaps the "Day Of The Death" is mirroring the theme of the film, and "death" in itself could be perceived as a rather dolor-less thing). Even more sinister than the SF-PTS. So DOP van Hoytema probably wants that to be reflected in the film.

    I think we need to be a bit more patient and judge the cinematography within the context of the story, the theme of the film, until after we've seen the full film. Perhaps the color filters then make more sense.

    Also, don't forget the film still is in post-production.

    I think Mendes might be going for a Sergio Leone look. Just a thought.

    For the SPECTRE headquarter scene, for me it just screams FRWL and TB. Maybe a bit darker. A bit.

    It also reminds me a bit of a Bilderberg conference room, or a much larger version of the S.P.E.C.T.R.E.-conference room in "NSNA". Very classicist.

    But I do agree: Someone is going to kill another S.P.E.C.T.R.E.-member in that dark, Kubrick-esque room. Just like it was done in FRWL and TB.
  • Posts: 11,119
    Chevron wrote: »
    Just thinking, it's ironic to see Mr White in the trailer complaining that "he's everywhere" given the following two pieces of dialog in Quantium of Solace...

    Mr. White: The first thing you should know about us is... we have people everywhere.

    M: When someone says "We've got people everywhere", you expect it to be hyperbole! Lots of people say that. Florists use that expression. It doesn't mean that they've got somebody working for them inside the bloody room!

    I think he's angry that his "QUANTUM" was completely compromised in the end, thus leading in its complete downfall (members leaving QUANTUM etc.). And this is were Oberhauser must have thought: I can do this better :-).
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,518
    In all honesty I'd rather see a Gala Brand scenario play out in the Craig-verse than a re-hash of the Tracy angle.

    I sense that Gala will happen with the next Bond actor. It's a young Bond story.

    Back on topic, I *love* the idea of an expanded role for White/his daughter in the Bond universe. Someone (Mendes? Logan? P&W?) went back and realized that there is still more of CR to expand upon properly (RIP Mathis and his premature death).
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Posts: 1,257
    RC7 wrote: »
    A still from the movie...
    V42cxJR.png

    Thank you for posting this. The color manipulation, in this scene in particular, is really bugging me. Where is all the color?! Where is the vibrancy and liveliness?! In my opinion, the image above looks like a fake parade filmed for a movie. The image below feels like a REAL parade.
    Just something I did quickly:
    ZmEMDdn.png

    I suppose the yellowish coloring is supposed to create an atmospheric and moody feeling, but a DOTD parade isn't a place for that.

  • Posts: 60
    Seems like there is some speculation on whether or not the helicopter barrel roll seen in the trailer is real or not. It's hard to tell from brief glance you get at it. It would be amazing if it was! The only thing that threw me off a bit from the trailer was the CGI explosion in the beginning and the shot of the CGI plane crashing in the alps.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2015 Posts: 11,090
    Mathis' death is the biggest mistake of the Craig era so far.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 35,166
    @MaidenDeth, both of those threw me off, as well. Looks like we won't be spared the dodgy CGI this time around, either, unfortunately.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Posts: 1,257
    MaidenDeth wrote: »
    Seems like there is some speculation on whether or not the helicopter barrel roll seen in the trailer is real or not. It's hard to tell from brief glance you get at it. It would be amazing if it was! The only thing that threw me off a bit from the trailer was the CGI explosion in the beginning and the shot of the CGI plane crashing in the alps.

    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Spectre-Open-With-Thrilling-Scene-70555.html
    To give you an idea of what ensues, stunt pilot Chuck Aaron is manning the craft on the set. He is the only person insured to do 360-degree flips in this helicopter. Ponder that for a moment. A rep for Sony told us that some of the copter’s stunts are being filmed in Zocalo Square, while the others take place 10 hours outside of the city and are performed at a lower altitude.


    Chuck Aaron - Red Bull Helicopter Pilot

  • RC7RC7
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,512
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @MaidenDeth, both of those threw me off, as well. Looks like we won't be spared the dodgy CGI this time around, either, unfortunately.

    Agreed. The two obvious CGI shots. Didn't think any of the plane sequence would be, following the rigs they built.

    As for the helicopter, that was done for real I think? Perhaps with a little background effects work.
Sign In or Register to comment.