New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    SirBilli wrote: »
    Alot of these boards are very interesting. But some I must say I have no interest for...

Then avoid them. You are not obliged to join in the topics that don't interest you.

Can you message me with the details of the spam you have received in your inbox please?
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Kostas_P wrote: »
    Well, hello everyone, my name's Kostas and I'm from Volos, Greece. It's been a while since I joined the community and just wanted to say a hello as a somewhat new and yet to be introduced member. A huge Bond fan since I was a kid, I used to watch the movies along with my father (a true Connery fan). I must say that I enjoy every era but still my favourite is and will remain the SC one. I am proud to own all the movies both in DVD and blu ray format and a number of 6 Bond related books. I am collecting the Ian Fleming novels at the time and i have read FRWL, DN and TB. That's all :)

Welcome aboard @Kostas_P. Great to have you with us. I'd love to know your thoughts on the film version For Your Eyes Only and Robert Markham's Colonel Sun (1968), both of which are set in Greece.

I'm a big fan of Greece and the Greek people. :)

Thank you for your kind words :). I haven't seen Colonel Sun, neither have i heard anything about it so i can't have a point of view. Regarding For Your Eyes Only, i believe it's a little over-hyped, i don't really like it that much, but i did enjoy the scenes in Meteora. There's one mistake though, that only Greeks made out. When someone gives Roger a fruit, he replies with "parakalo" which means "you're welcome" in Greek, instead of "efharisto" which means "thank you".

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Colonel Sun is a book, not a film.

Anyway, welcome to new members.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    How are things in Greece, Kostas?
    I guess it's off topic to discuss it here, but i have no problem to express my opinion in the right place. Maybe @NicNac can be helpful
    You don't need my help Kostas, you've been here long enough. ;)
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 159
    @Sark There's a referendum running tomorrow to accept or repeal (YES-NO) the latest measures the E.U. suggests in order to "help" Greece resolve its huge financial issues. The major problem is that some people believe, due to private TV channels' propaganda, that with a possible NO, the country will return to its own currency and it would be a total disaster.

These TV channels fully support YES for obvious reasons and I'm afraid it will affect some of the less educated and informed people.

The p.m. said, a NO will be a pressure point for the Europeans to understand that the Greek people can't just stand it anymore and further negotiations for a better agreement must continue. A possible NO doesn't mean that Greece will leave euro.

I could write much more, but there's no point, for you, getting in many details.

Sorry for the off topic.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Welcome, Kostas!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Good afternoon MI6 community
    this is a test, do you read me..lol
    Yes indeed, welcome Jason Bond. :-h
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We have been expecting you.
    Thanks, so I guess it's introduction time. I'm a nice bloke from Switzerland, born in 1974.
    Used to live in Bournemouth, UK for 10 years where I spent my teenage years to young adult. Was quite the womaniser back then, now I'm married with children...lol... one child age 5 to be exact.
    There's three things I like most besides...you know...lol...
    Star Trek, James Bond, Batman/Justice League
    And beware of my wicked sense of humour...lol
    Wanna know some more, do ask if you must:)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Welcome BondJasonBond006. :)
  • x007AceOfSpadesx007AceOfSpades Sunny Southern California
    edited July 2015 Posts: 21
    Recently came from the other Bond forums, but I wanted to leave that site (for now, temporarily) and look towards this site. The community so far seems very friendly and very Bondian! Well I go by my initials, D.C. or just my nickname, Ace. I can't say I'm the biggest Bond fan there is, because well all of us, aren't we? Was introduced to the world of 007 when I was a small child and the rest is history.

I did two years of film class a couple years ago, and further broadened my knowledge on film. I wouldn't call myself a film buff or a Cinephile, because I'm still learning more and more about cinema and the history of, while also expanding my tastes on various genres, directors, and eras. I try to go to the theater as much as possible, but have scaled back this year due to some disappointing films I've seen. Most of the time I post reviews of the films I watch online (they can get a bit long at times).

Other than that, I often game online, read often, love to write, and I have a slight background in martial arts. Well anyways, I think I've done enough rambling for now haha. I look forward to posting on here!
    Welcome x007AceOfSpades. :)
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Welcome x007AceOfSpades. :)
    Thank you! Feels great to be here!

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,588
    Yes welcome @x007AceOfSpades :D. You're certainly a breath of fresh air in contrast to the troll infestation we've had on the forum recently.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I have a slight background in martial arts.
    Like the dude in Enter The Dragon said, whtash your sthyle? Mine is Wing Chun, mainly.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I have a slight background in martial arts.
    Like the dude in Enter The Dragon said, whtash your sthyle? Mine is Wing Chun, mainly.
    Karate and Muay Thai. Haven't kept up on it in years. I did mixed martial arts for a very, very brief while, but a gym injury scrapped those MMA plans. May give it another run in the future, who knows.
    Karate and Muay Thai.
    Muay Thai is some cool beans.
    I had an injury too- sucks to be sidelined from hard training....
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Karate and Muay Thai.
    Muay Thai is some cool beans.
    I had an injury too- sucks to be sidelined from hard training....
    I have double-jointed shoulders, and I popped one out really bad, which halted the training and has ever since. Luckily, I didn't need surgery of any kind, and I can still lift weights. But yeah, Muay Thai is awesome.
    I have double-jointed shoulders, and I popped one out really bad
    I tore a collar bone ligament. But I can still kick a*s as long as I'm not fighting a serious streetfighter... a man's got to know his limitations. :))
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2015 Posts: 17,785
    Welcome to our community, @x007AceOfSpades. I too used to be a member on CBn (between May 2002 and November 2012) as the infamous SILHOUETTE MAN (deceased). :)
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    Long time lurker. Love the site.
    Welcome, love the name. :D
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Welcome, @AntiLocqueBrakes- love the username. Ferrara would be proud.
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    Poor Ferrara. Shame what Colombo did to him. ;)
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited August 2015 Posts: 1,130
    Ok everyone.
    I come from Mexico city and ive been living there my whole life. So i guess im one of the very few fans from Latin America
    i like James Bond since 2002 thanks to Die Another day but became an official fan this year.

My three favorite Bond actors are Pierce Brosnan, Sean Connery and Timothy Dalton
    Cool to have you here Szonana B-)

I like the diversity on this site, people from practically everywhere participate.
    I mean I'm Swiss... ;) the land of chocolate, cheese, watches and banks :))