The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Watching Licence to Killl, Dario is seen in the bar fight with Bond and Pam, and then dissapears until the drugs factory in the third act. Any ideas where he went - or is his absence explained?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited June 2015 Posts: 45,489
    Ludovico wrote: »
    In CR... Why is Le Chiffre named Le Chiffre? How did he get this name, since his background is not related to France as in the novel? I noticed he also watches French news after the failed terrorist attack on Skyfleet.

He has a French nickname, watches French news, speaks with an unmistakable Danish accent, and the experts at MI6 think he is Albanian.
    In YOLT when Bond visits Henderson, the latter says that some guy provides him the drinks and he also says in a low voice "among with some other things"...is there an innuendo behind this?
    Kostas_P wrote: »
    In YOLT when Bond visits Henderson, the latter says that some guy provides him the drinks and he also says in a low voice "among with some other things"...is there an innuendo behind this?

That is how I took it.
    Kostas_P wrote: »

That is how I took it.

But what could they be? Drugs, women? Yep we'll never know, just wondering.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Dirty minds ! :))
    I always thought that along with the vodka, the doorman supplied information. ;)
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Dirty minds ! :))
    I always thought that along with the vodka, the doorman supplied information. ;)

But why the low voice? :)

• SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Seemed pretty apparent to me that he means that the guy spies for him. If he wanted gay sex (in the 60s) an attache at the Soviet Embassy would be the worst possible choice. Um, hello Honeypot?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited July 2015 Posts: 3,675
    In LTK, after Bond destroyed Sanchez's facility, Heller says he can't control the fire. Sanchez replies they'll get cars and take the tankers with them. Were they going to double cross the Asians and never give them the cocaine while keeping the $500,000,000? And where were they going?
    Ludovico wrote: »
    In CR... Why is Le Chiffre named Le Chiffre? How did he get this name, since his background is not related to France as in the novel? I noticed he also watches French news after the failed terrorist attack on Skyfleet.

He has a French nickname, watches French news, speaks with an unmistakable Danish accent, and the experts at MI6 think he is Albanian.

I thought he had a rather vague foreign, Eastern European accent, but not distinctly Danish.

But why the French connection in the movie anyway? Was it addressed anywhere prior or after the release? I have heard the name Jean Duran somewhere, but don't know how official that was.

Maybe he just studied in France.
    Or joined the French Foreign Legion during his past, where he acquired his french nickname.. Or, like in the novel, plyed the apatrid/amnesiac card.
    In LTK, after Bond destroyed Sanchez's facility, Heller says he can't control the fire. Sanchez replies they'll get cars and take the tankers with them. Were they going to double cross the Asians and never give them the cocaine while keeping the $500,000,000? And where were they going?

Gerard wrote: »
    Or joined the French Foreign Legion during his past, where he acquired his french nickname.. Or, like in the novel, plyed the apatrid/amnesiac card.

Le Chiffre does not look like much of a soldier.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?

Possibly. I think it was a case of get as much out of the facility before it burnt to the ground, regroup and go from there. Plus Sanchez was panicing due to Bond "betraying" him, as well as Heller.
    I know this has probably been ask so many times, but does anyone know what happen to Strutters in LALD?
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I know this has probably been ask so many times, but does anyone know what happen to Strutters in LALD?

He dies the same way the agent dies during the funeral/parade during the PTS. We don't see it but is confirmed with Felix's unintentional quip about "lying down on the job".
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 1,964
    Ok heres a question. In TSWLM when Bond & Anya escape the pyramids from Jaws in the van, after they start to drive away Jaws proceeds to big up a huge stone that kinda looked tough for him to pick up to begin with. So my question is why did he pick up the stone in the first place? Was he going to try to throw it at the van or something?
    Probably going to chuck it yes. I always viewed this as an example to show the sheer brute strength of Jaws building up his menace and it set up another gag to maintain the quip per 5 minutes quota up where he drops it on his feet
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    It was just an opportunity for Richard Kiel to test the facial expression he would make again in the following movie right before his boat falls off the waterfall. ;)
    Heres another question. After TSWLM they were planing to make FYEO the next Bond, but obviously changed it to Moonraker do to the popular science fiction movies at the time.

Lets say they stuck with there original plans and did FYEO in 1979 after TSWLM, what was going to be after FYEO in 1981? Was it going to be Moonraker? or was it going to be something else? Would Moonraker have ever been made had Sci Fi not been so popular in the late 70s?
    My best guess is that MR would have been done, yes, but it would have been more down to Earth, with no space shuttles and no space station, and no weightless sex scene.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 152
    Edit
    Moonraker would have happened, and likely next, as that would have been the last title of a full length novel left...after that we were onto short story titles. The book doesn't have sci-fi elements, and it's a shame we never got a faithful adaptation.
    A Goldfinger question. After Felix Leiter meets Bond and Dinx in Miami, he says 'you must be slipping, 007, letting the opposition get that close to you' Bond replies 'They got a lot closer to you in Jamaica, didn't they?'
    Still the same question. Was Bond referring to the mission in 'Dr No' or another adventure in Jamaica? I can't recall Leiter was in any danger in 'Dr No'

PS. Is there any way you can edit your original comment?
    Lazzers wrote: »
    Still the same question. Was Bond referring to the mission in 'Dr No' or another adventure in Jamaica? I can't recall Leiter was in any danger in 'Dr No'

PS. Is there any way you can edit your original comment?
    @Lazzers, there is a wheel in the upper right corner of your own post, click on that.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    What drink is Bond making in Thunderball after he & Felix let Largo's guy loose?
  • Does Coca-Cola have anything to do with Spectre or will they?
    Does Coca-Cola have anything to do with Spectre or will they?

I think there's a new ad out soon.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Whose military was trying to get Bond during the car chase in TLD? I just watched that scene and as much as I enjoy it, it never made sense as to what their purpose was.